dcsimg

V. 2.0 – Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,000 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@supimeister
    Thanks for trying. Hope Chris can get some pics. He must be busy.

@MaukaRunner
    @supimeister

Sorry guys! I took yesterday off and was working really hard in my shop and shot the KAPEX video and this took a back burner. I’m really sorry. Anyways….
    L-boxx 1 – 2 Mini Systainers…..fits but that is a recipe for disaster, I really had to clamp hard on them latches and would NOT recommend doing this.
    L-boxx 2 – 2 Mini Systainers….fits and there is a ton of room. I Took several pics and the extreme close up shows how very little room there is for the lis to close on the L-boxx 1.

Also in the last pic of the Milwaukee little mini recip I see you have no foam or inlay for it in the Lbox, These saws look so close and perhaps even identical to the Bosch mini pocket recip I’ll bet you’d have a great chance of the Bosch inlay fitting that saw.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I could be wrong but I think the Milwaukee is actually larger

Rovik
    Pro

My Makita belt sander

Norway

My Makita belt sander

Sweet nice belt sander box .

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

I could be wrong but I think the Milwaukee is actually larger

I’ve never actually seen one in person so I don’t know for sure but to look at them in pics they look like they could be from the same mold, Just different colors and trim.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I thought the same thing but played with the milwaukee today and it seemed bigger. But i may be wrong going from memory on both

woodman_412

My Makita belt sander

That looks like a great setup for your belt sander. I really need to do something like that for mine too. Right now it doesn’t have a case at all.

Dan

danpattison.com

The floor plan is obviously the same, it is the ceiling height of the lid.

Don’t forget the floor measurements are not exactly the same with the Lboxes, Mainly in depth front to rear. I just went out and measured some and came up with this difference, It’s not great and shouldn’t become a factor with what yer talking about here but it is something to keep in mind :)

Front to rear outside;

Lbox1= 12 21/32″
    Lbox2= 12 19/32″
    Lbox3= 12 1/4″
    Lbox3D= 12 1/8″

Wow, I had no idea @Dabbs that kind of makes sense though whereas the Systainers use the exact same foot print front and rear to latch, the Bosch latch is in the middle of the sides.

Nice set up on your sander. I really have to get more organized

My Makita belt sander

Very awesome , great set up.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

@supimeister
    Thanks for trying. Hope Chris can get some pics. He must be busy.

@MaukaRunner
    @supimeister

Sorry guys! I took yesterday off and was working really hard in my shop and shot the KAPEX video and this took a back burner. I’m really sorry. Anyways….
    L-boxx 1 – 2 Mini Systainers…..fits but that is a recipe for disaster, I really had to clamp hard on them latches and would NOT recommend doing this.
    L-boxx 2 – 2 Mini Systainers….fits and there is a ton of room. I Took several pics and the extreme close up shows how very little room there is for the lis to close on the L-boxx 1.

Boy does that miluakee recip saw look a lot like the bosch one.

Edit: dabbs I just caught up to the end and noticed you made the same comment I noticed on the previous page. They are like identical twins.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My Makita belt sander

Wow that’s nice, and to think mine just sits on a shelf in my van….

The Sortimo inner lids have a stupid decal on it. If you look at the one I installed in the L-Boxx 102, you can see how removing the decal also removed some of the coloring from the foam. I’m glad it didn’t take any of the foam off but still I really wish they didn’t put the stupid decal on.

Hey I’ll bet that’s the stuff from the Eby guy, That’s kinda rude to put the sticker on it like that but I wouldn’t let it ruin my day. It’ll be alright, I was going to tell ya just turn it over but I don’t think ya can with some of the beveling in the foam………..

The pic of Misty makes me sad, The last time we had to do that was double tough. We made an appointment but when we got there the vet got busy and couldn’t do it for an hour GAWD!! So we took off in the car and gave my little buddy one last road trip down the highway 30 minutes and back, That was the toughest drive I’ve ever had to endure. I couldn’t go in the place either, Had the OL take him in and be with him through it…..Sorry for the OT guys *sigh*

Yup it’s from that guy. Sortimo puts the decals on the covers.
    I peeled one off and all it did was take some of the paint off and the next I peeled left adhesive on the cover which I gotta figure how to take off now. I left the third decal on for now. Once I figure how to take off the adhesive without damaging the cover I will take off the last one.

We all spent some time holding Misty before our appointment with the Veterinarian. Sad times. We still say girls when we call our dogs but now we only have one girl dog and one boy dog. At least we had time to say goodbye and she didn’t go alone.

Man, I should have waited for the M12 Fuel Hackzall. How do you like your Fuels? Did you convert from the Regular M12 to the Fuels or did you start off with them?

The only Fuels I have are the M18 Hammer Drill and Impact Driver.

@MaukaRunner I absolutely love the Fuel Hackzall. Super powerful for a 12v. I had the old M12 brushed version, it wasn’t too bad. Ate up batteries quick and not nearly as powerful. The Fuel version is bigger than the brushed version but it packs a punch and the 4.0 batteries last and last. During the remodel I was sawing through doubles up 2×4 behind the line knotty board. No problems. Blade was dull and it took a little while to cut through a few nails but a new blade would’ve taken care of that. I just bought a couple. I really haven’t put the Impact through its paces yet, but when my pellet stove broke down, I used it to remove the back panel and the two motors from the rear of the stove. Piece of cake.

Thanks for the info Chris. When my brushed Hackzall goes I’ll probably get the Fuel. Still quite new though so won’t be for a while.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My Makita belt sander

Very nice tool and set-up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t forget the floor measurements are not exactly the same with the Lboxes, Mainly in depth front to rear. I just went out and measured some and came up with this difference, It’s not great and shouldn’t become a factor with what yer talking about here but it is something to keep in mind :)

Front to rear outside;

Lbox1= 12 21/32″
    Lbox2= 12 19/32″
    Lbox3= 12 1/4″
    Lbox3D= 12 1/8″

Wow, I had no idea @Dabbs that kind of makes sense though whereas the Systainers use the exact same foot print front and rear to latch, the Bosch latch is in the middle of the sides.

Yeah they’re tapered, the taller they are the smaller the front to back measures. I didn’t know that either til someone brought it up about a year ago.

Front to rear outside;

Lbox1= 12 21/32″
    Lbox2= 12 19/32″
    Lbox3= 12 1/4″
    Lbox3D= 12 1/8″

Yeah they’re tapered, the taller they are the smaller the front to back measures. I didn’t know that either til someone brought it up about a year ago.

Thought the L-Boxxes were pretty straight but now I have one of each I realized they are tapered. At least they are only tapered on the front and rear and not all the sides.

Sorry, I put the photos in the order I wanted them to go and as usual it didn’t turn out right. You can see my 2 Milwaukee M12 Fuels in place in the Lboxx 1. The close up really shows the problem with the minis in the 1. The lid has a mold for the handle to fold in to. This causes it to bow over the two mini Systainers. The latches will close but it really creates too much stress on them. So the pic with the two minis open is the l boxx 2. TONS of room. The floor plan is obviously the same, it is the ceiling height of the lid.

Thanks for all the pics Chris. One sys-mini DOES work great in an L1 if you put it in the middle (left to right), all the way back, so that it fits “inside” the lowest part of the lid for the handle.

John S

@dabbs can you close this thread? V. 3.0 is alive:

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-3-0-inside-of-l-boxx-storage-setup/

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

But we haven’t even had a chance to see who get’s to break this one yet, Oh well. I’ll close it since you already started another one

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,000 total)
  • The topic ‘V. 2.0 – Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.461 seconds