dcsimg

V. 2.0 – Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,000 total)
  • Author

@chrisk1970
    Here is a pic of the grey L-Boxx 102 I got from eBay with the three inner lids.

The box is different than the L-Boxx 1A I received today.
    First, as you noticed, there is no handle. It’s like the L-Boxx 3’s and larger with the plastic piece to pull it out of a shelf system. Looking underneath, there is no provision to add a handle. I initially was thinking of trying to use one of the handles from my L-Boxx 2 but that won’t work.
    Second, on the back side there is no protrusions for the van racking. The lower rear of the box is completely smooth.

The Sortimo inner lids have a stupid decal on it. If you look at the one I installed in the L-Boxx 102, you can see how removing the decal also removed some of the coloring from the foam. I’m glad it didn’t take any of the foam off but still I really wish they didn’t put the stupid decal on.

Thanks for posting pics @MaukaRunner I guess I am probably going to just order Bosch boxes then! Thanks for posting because I assumed it was the same as any other box just varying in color and missing the front handle!

@chrisk1970
    It’s a nice box. The grey makes it stand out from the Bosch blue-green color. I fit my GoPro stuff in it and got all of it to fit. Stuck a GoPro decal on it and it looks like a GoPro accessory.

Yeah, the Bosch boxes are exactly the same, other than the color, handle and the tabs in the back of the box.

Can you please post more pics of the Mini Systainers in the L-Boxx 1? Can’t get the L-Boxx mini so those might be a great alternative. Plus they can stack with the T-Loc system. During the Holiday season, our local Woodcraft was selling the Systainer Minis for $17. I should have bought some.

@MaukaRunner

Eric, I absolutely will. I just added the foam for the GLM50 and thus far it’s the only one I’ve filled but I’ll see about setting one up for you shortly and posting some pics!

So I was down in my shop trying to get the move organized. I was moving one of my mini T Locs and was looking at my new 12v vac and thought…”hey that’ll work”….

Ohh – I didnt realize that the mini systainer would fit like that. It only fits in the back-middle of an L-boxx1, but it looks like a great fit sideways in that L2. How much room is left in front of the sys-mini?

John S

So I was down in my shop trying to get the move organized. I was moving one of my mini T Locs and was looking at my new 12v vac and thought…”hey that’ll work”….

Ohh – I didnt realize that the mini systainer would fit like that. It only fits in the back-middle of an L-boxx1, but it looks like a great fit sideways in that L2. How much room is left in front of the sys-mini?

From the pic Chris posted it looks likes it fits with about 1/2″ to 3/4″ on the front and about 1/2″ on the side. Two would fit pretty nice.

Do you have two Mini Systainers which you could fit in your L-Boxx 2 @supimeister?

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Thanks everyone for the outpouring of sympathy. Misty is in a better place. Here is a pic of her I took in the morning. By lunch she was really going downhill. Glad I could spend some time with her.

Putting her down was one of the toughest decisions I had to make in my 50 years on this planet.

I feel for you Mauka – I have had to put down a few over the years and it never gets any easier…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

From the pic Chris posted it looks likes it fits with about 1/2″ to 3/4″ on the front and about 1/2″ on the side. Two would fit pretty nice.

Do you have two Mini Systainers which you could fit in your L-Boxx 2 @supimeister?

I think I said I have 2 on here somewhere, but unless I am forgetting where one is (very possible), I can only remember where 1 of them is right now. But you are totally right – it does look like two would fit side by side in an L2 with some room in front of them for other things as well.
    I believe the l-boxx version of the minis fit in an L1 without any issues and can be incorporated into a 1A setup.

John S

Thanks everyone for the outpouring of sympathy. Misty is in a better place. Here is a pic of her I took in the morning. By lunch she was really going downhill. Glad I could spend some time with her.

Putting her down was one of the toughest decisions I had to make in my 50 years on this planet.

I feel for you Mauka – I have had to put down a few over the years and it never gets any easier…

Thanks Chad. I hope I don’t have to decide again but probably will sometime in the future.

I think I said I have 2 on here somewhere, but unless I am forgetting where one is (very possible), I can only remember where 1 of them is right now. But you are totally right – it does look like two would fit side by side in an L2 with some room in front of them for other things as well.
    I believe the l-boxx version of the minis fit in an L1 without any issues and can be incorporated into a 1A setup.

If you can find them or if Chris can, I’d like to see how well they fit in the L-Boxx 2

The L-Boxx Minis fit in between the grey bins of a 1A. Attaching a pic of the configuration I wish we could get here in the US. The L-Boxx Mini with the clear tops.

The L-Boxx Minis fit in between the grey bins of a 1A. Attaching a pic of the configuration I wish we could get here in the US. The L-Boxx Mini with the clear tops.

I can assure you the systainers don’t do that. I remember trying that and they are the wrong size, sorry.

I have no idea where the 2nd one went. If I find it, I will post a pic. I thought I had taken a pic at one point, but not sure my google skills will help me find it lol

John S

I had no luck finding the other sys mini last night – sorry @maukarunner. I am 99% sure two will fit in an L2, but only 1 in an L1 because of the shape of the lid. And I am pretty sure the two in an L2 won’t leave room for the grey bins

John S

@supimeister
    Thanks for trying. Hope Chris can get some pics. He must be busy.

emppa
    Pro

Hope it works. Can you let us know how it goes?

Tried it today, didn’t work perfectly, maybe with a foam lid it would work but I got my I-boxxes today so most of my time was spent fiddling with them 😀

@supimeister
    Thanks for trying. Hope Chris can get some pics. He must be busy.

@MaukaRunner

@supimeister

Sorry guys! I took yesterday off and was working really hard in my shop and shot the KAPEX video and this took a back burner. I’m really sorry. Anyways….
    L-boxx 1 – 2 Mini Systainers…..fits but that is a recipe for disaster, I really had to clamp hard on them latches and would NOT recommend doing this.
    L-boxx 2 – 2 Mini Systainers….fits and there is a ton of room. I Took several pics and the extreme close up shows how very little room there is for the lis to close on the L-boxx 1.

@chrisk1970 Thanks Chris for going through the trouble of fitting and taking the pictures. Guess we just gotta hope we can get the L-Boxx minis one day.

Sorry, I put the photos in the order I wanted them to go and as usual it didn’t turn out right. You can see my 2 Milwaukee M12 Fuels in place in the Lboxx 1. The close up really shows the problem with the minis in the 1. The lid has a mold for the handle to fold in to. This causes it to bow over the two mini Systainers. The latches will close but it really creates too much stress on them. So the pic with the two minis open is the l boxx 2. TONS of room. The floor plan is obviously the same, it is the ceiling height of the lid.

Attachments:

@chrisk1970 Thanks Chris for going through the trouble of fitting and taking the pictures. Guess we just gotta hope we can get the L-Boxx minis one day.

@MaukaRunner

Glad too Eric. Also if you still need that battery PM me! I have a spare!

Man, I should have waited for the M12 Fuel Hackzall. How do you like your Fuels? Did you convert from the Regular M12 to the Fuels or did you start off with them?

The only Fuels I have are the M18 Hammer Drill and Impact Driver.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Sortimo inner lids have a stupid decal on it. If you look at the one I installed in the L-Boxx 102, you can see how removing the decal also removed some of the coloring from the foam. I’m glad it didn’t take any of the foam off but still I really wish they didn’t put the stupid decal on.

Hey I’ll bet that’s the stuff from the Eby guy, That’s kinda rude to put the sticker on it like that but I wouldn’t let it ruin my day. It’ll be alright, I was going to tell ya just turn it over but I don’t think ya can with some of the beveling in the foam………..

The pic of Misty makes me sad, The last time we had to do that was double tough. We made an appointment but when we got there the vet got busy and couldn’t do it for an hour GAWD!! So we took off in the car and gave my little buddy one last road trip down the highway 30 minutes and back, That was the toughest drive I’ve ever had to endure. I couldn’t go in the place either, Had the OL take him in and be with him through it…..Sorry for the OT guys *sigh*

Man, I should have waited for the M12 Fuel Hackzall. How do you like your Fuels? Did you convert from the Regular M12 to the Fuels or did you start off with them?

@MaukaRunner
    I absolutely love the Fuel Hackzall. Super powerful for a 12v. I had the old M12 brushed version, it wasn’t too bad. Ate up batteries quick and not nearly as powerful. The Fuel version is bigger than the brushed version but it packs a punch and the 4.0 batteries last and last. During the remodel I was sawing through doubles up 2×4 behind the line knotty board. No problems. Blade was dull and it took a little while to cut through a few nails but a new blade would’ve taken care of that. I just bought a couple. I really haven’t put the Impact through its paces yet, but when my pellet stove broke down, I used it to remove the back panel and the two motors from the rear of the stove. Piece of cake.

@MaukaRunner I absolutely love the Fuel Hackzall. Super powerful for a 12v. I had the old M12 brushed version, it wasn’t too bad. Ate up batteries quick and not nearly as powerful. The Fuel version is bigger than the brushed version but it packs a punch and the 4.0 batteries last and last. During the remodel I was sawing through doubles up 2×4 behind the line knotty board. No problems. Blade was dull and it took a little while to cut through a few nails but a new blade would’ve taken care of that. I just bought a couple. I really haven’t put the Impact through its paces yet, but when my pellet stove broke down, I used it to remove the back panel and the two motors from the rear of the stove. Piece of cake.

\\

That speaks pretty highly of it Sounds like the fuel makes a huge and well worth it

Anonymous
    Inactive

The floor plan is obviously the same, it is the ceiling height of the lid.

Don’t forget the floor measurements are not exactly the same with the Lboxes, Mainly in depth front to rear. I just went out and measured some and came up with this difference, It’s not great and shouldn’t become a factor with what yer talking about here but it is something to keep in mind 🙂

Front to rear outside;

Lbox1= 12 21/32″
    Lbox2= 12 19/32″
    Lbox3= 12 1/4″
    Lbox3D= 12 1/8″

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,000 total)
  • The topic ‘V. 2.0 – Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.073 seconds