dcsimg

V. 2.0 – Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,000 total)
  • Author

i love the room you put in there for the discs. Nice job. Where’d you get the foam for this?

Rovik
    Pro

@Dabbs, The bare grinder fits inside a L2 with no accessories. Thats why i use a L3.

@Boschmanbrian
    , Its not the pick and pluck foam, but speaker foam. I bought it on Biltema here in Norway: http://www.biltema.no/no/Bil—MC/Bilstereo/Monteringsdeler/Dempemateriale-for-hoyttalere-5-stk-31605/

@chrisk1970
    You should find a lot of stores in the US who have this.

Norway

@Dabbs, The bare grinder fits inside a L2 with no accessories. Thats why i use a L3.

@Boschmanbrian, Its not the pick and pluck foam, but speaker foam. I bought it on Biltema here in Norway: http://www.biltema.no/no/Bil—MC/Bilstereo/Monteringsdeler/Dempemateriale-for-hoyttalere-5-stk-31605/

@chrisk1970,
    You should find a lot of stores in the US who have this.

How is the speaker foam for cutting?

Rovik
    Pro

It cuts very easy. I use a sharp utility knife.

Norway

Thanks @Rovik !

So I was down in my shop trying to get the move organized. I was moving one of my mini T Locs and was looking at my new 12v vac and thought…”hey that’ll work”….

So I was down in my shop trying to get the move organized. I was moving one of my mini T Locs and was looking at my new 12v vac and thought…”hey that’ll work”….

What size box is that .

Always willing to learn .

The Lboxx is a Lboxx 2 but I, pretty sure it’d fit in a L boxx 1 but I didn’t try. I’ll try tomorrow. The Systainer is a Tanos Mini T Loc

Thanks everyone for the outpouring of sympathy. Misty is in a better place. Here is a pic of her I took in the morning. By lunch she was really going downhill. Glad I could spend some time with her.

Putting her down was one of the toughest decisions I had to make in my 50 years on this planet.

Attachments:
    Rovik wrote:
    @MaukaRunner, so sorry about your loss :(
    This tread needs pictures, this is for you MaukaRunner:

Is a 9″ angle grinder to big to fit in a L-Boxx3? Not if you buy one of the most compact ones on the market. I used 7 layers of foam on this inlay. Here is the work i done today.

@Rovik
    Thanks for the pics Ivan. That is a nice grinder and nice setup. I’m would like to get into metal work for my automotive stuff and I will be looking at a grinder pretty soon.

Do you prefer the paddle like your Makita has versus a on/off switch?

I kinda like the paddle but does your hand get tired holding the paddle switch in the on position?

@chrisk1970
    Here is a pic of the grey L-Boxx 102 I got from eBay with the three inner lids.

The box is different than the L-Boxx 1A I received today.
    First, as you noticed, there is no handle. It’s like the L-Boxx 3’s and larger with the plastic piece to pull it out of a shelf system. Looking underneath, there is no provision to add a handle. I initially was thinking of trying to use one of the handles from my L-Boxx 2 but that won’t work.
    Second, on the back side there is no protrusions for the van racking. The lower rear of the box is completely smooth.

The Sortimo inner lids have a stupid decal on it. If you look at the one I installed in the L-Boxx 102, you can see how removing the decal also removed some of the coloring from the foam. I’m glad it didn’t take any of the foam off but still I really wish they didn’t put the stupid decal on.

Attachments:
    Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Is that the full dewalt tool chest there? Nice! How you like it?

Rovik
    Pro
    Rovik wrote:

Is a 9″ angle grinder to big to fit in a L-Boxx3? Not if you buy one of the most compact ones on the market. I used 7 layers of foam on this inlay. Here is the work i done today.

@Rovik
    Thanks for the pics Ivan. That is a nice grinder and nice setup. I’m would like to get into metal work for my automotive stuff and I will be looking at a grinder pretty soon.

I kinda like the paddle but does your hand get tired holding the paddle switch in the on position?

On a 9″ grinder i prefer a paddle switch, because of safety.

I think if you use the grinder for a long time, you can get tired in your arms.

Norway

Thanks everyone for the outpouring of sympathy. Misty is in a better place. Here is a pic of her I took in the morning. By lunch she was really going downhill. Glad I could spend some time with her.

Putting her down was one of the toughest decisions I had to make in my 50 years on this planet.

Thanks for posting the picture of Misty @MaukaRunner ! She looks like she was quite the little girl!

Is that the full dewalt tool chest there? Nice! How you like it?

@Nyx
    nope, believe it or not it’s just the top. It was all I could get my hands on and I am not a mechanic so it works out. This is my first tool chest and I only spent a $125 on it! I’ve got my small Tekton set in there, my WERA screwdrivers etc. but I am still loading it. I’ve got a couple of Woodpeckers tools in there, I’m going to set up a charging station inside and all of that good stuff. Absolutely love the chest and if I can get my hands on the rolling box I will. The drawer depth isn’t too bad, I’ve got two deeper drawers and a bunch of smaller ones. Wheni finish up the shop I’ll take some pictures. It’s still in a dark dank base,net but it’s coming out pretty good!

Oh one more thing, it didn’t come with a handle for the big chest. You really had to work to get it open. In Dewalt form I ordered a miter saw handle and it took a month to come in but the day before yesterday I went down and screw it into place so it lifts nice and easy.

@chrisk1970

First, as you noticed, there is no handle. It’s like the L-Boxx 3’s and larger with the plastic piece to pull it out of a shelf system. Looking underneath, there is no provision to add a handle. I initially was thinking of trying to use one of the handles from my L-Boxx 2 but that won’t work.
    Second, on the back side there is no protrusions for the van racking. The lower rear of the box is completely smooth.

The Sortimo inner lids have a stupid decal on it. If you look at the one I installed in the L-Boxx 102, you can see how removing the decal also removed some of the coloring from the foam. I’m glad it didn’t take any of the foam off but still I really wish they didn’t put the stupid decal on.

Thanks for posting pics @MaukaRunner I guess I am probably going to just order Bosch boxes then! Thanks for posting because I assumed it was the same as any other box just varying in color and missing the front handle!

woodman_412

That looks like a great setup Chris. I haven’t used the insert for my vac so far because it has been living in the kitchen most of the time. What do you think of the vac so far?

Dan

danpattison.com

@chrisk1970

Thanks for posting pics @MaukaRunner I guess I am probably going to just order Bosch boxes then! Thanks for posting because I assumed it was the same as any other box just varying in color and missing the front handle!

@chrisk1970
    It’s a nice box. The grey makes it stand out from the Bosch blue-green color. I fit my GoPro stuff in it and got all of it to fit. Stuck a GoPro decal on it and it looks like a GoPro accessory.

Yeah, the Bosch boxes are exactly the same, other than the color, handle and the tabs in the back of the box.

Can you please post more pics of the Mini Systainers in the L-Boxx 1? Can’t get the L-Boxx mini so those might be a great alternative. Plus they can stack with the T-Loc system. During the Holiday season, our local Woodcraft was selling the Systainer Minis for $17. I should have bought some.

Rovik wrote:

@Rovik

On a 9″ grinder i prefer a paddle switch, because of safety.

I think if you use the grinder for a long time, you can get tired in your arms.

@Rovik
    Thanks for the information Ivan. I think the paddle would probably be a better safety feature for all grinders. I think the one I get will have a paddle.

That looks like a great setup Chris. I haven’t used the insert for my vac so far because it has been living in the kitchen most of the time. What do you think of the vac so far?

Thanks Dan! Thus far it’s not too bad. I’m a little surprised because it does t seem like too much vacuum generated but in all fairness I can’t make a judgement yet. I did screw into my metal tool box to add a handle and metal shavings went everywhere so I used my little vac to clean up the mess lickity split and it did do a great job. It does better with out the reducing sleeve on it..

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,000 total)
  • The topic ‘V. 2.0 – Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.779 seconds