dcsimg

V. 2.0 – Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,000 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That is an interesting approach. I think that I like the plywood approach better. Besides, he has a saw stop, we don’t like those.

I’m not sure how repeatable this is outside of a festool systainer toolbox, but using PVC is a great idea for custom fitted storage without the time consumption that a full blown hand tool insert would take.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-and-tanos-systainers/sys-toolbox-pvc-organizer/

That’s a pretty neat Idea . My use that on my toolbox systainer .

Always willing to learn .

That is an interesting approach. I think that I like the plywood approach better. Besides, he has a saw stop, we don’t like those.

lol maybe we can convince that guy to sell his sawstop so we can like his organization ideas better 😛

I just can’t decide if I think the PVC idea is equally efficient to the other insert options or significantly less efficient.

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The PVC idea was a great idea to keep your hand tools handy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

i knew someone was going to mention the saw stop.

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

Yeah, I much prefer the plywood solution.

Bert

Any particular reason why? (just curious) Do you think it creates too much wasted space / doesn’t necessarily fit the tools super great? Or something else?

John S

I think would looks better, yet this would be faster. Would this make a box seem heavier since yools are top heavy and would sway quite a bit?

ment wood not would

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

Any particular reason why? (just curious) Do you think it creates too much wasted space / doesn’t necessarily fit the tools super great? Or something else?

Exactly. The plywood solution allows for customization that I think utilizes the available space more effectively and more efficiently.

Bert

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Don’t hate, It’s against the rules. 🙂

BlackHydra
    Pro
    Landgraaf, The Netherlands
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Don’t hate, It’s against the rules. :)

Ha! Where is the fun in working with power tools all day if there isn’t a risk of amputation, right? Saw Stop is for wusses.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

This is a nice option for a l-boxx 4 i think.
    https://www.bosch-professional.com/de/de/community/category/umbau-4er-l-boxx-mit-schubladen/301027-t

ohhh, so the guy basically took an L4 and converted it into an L-rack. That is pretty neat, but I am not sure I am ready to start cutting up my L-boxxes for something like that lol. Still though, it looks really well done!

Or this (not a 4 but different)

https://www.behance.net/gallery/10801795/L-boxx-work-bench

Yeah, this is a great design idea, but I don’t think it is anything more than a design at this point from what I can tell? And I think I would rather have a plywood top that attached on top of the l-boxxes for a workbench surface rather than an l-boxx lid, but the design is impressive nevertheless!

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is a nice option for a l-boxx 4 i think.

https://www.bosch-professional.com/de/de/community/category/umbau-4er-l-boxx-mit-schubladen/301027-t

Or this (not a 4 but different)

https://www.behance.net/gallery/10801795/L-boxx-work-bench

That is a nice option for a portable parts bin/slash mini-workbench. Very well done but John S.’ idea about the plywood top makes sense too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

BlackHydra
    Pro

I have a sort of ply top it works well enough but i was looking for a sort of workmate solution and i found this design.

The design is cool but it doesn’t look that sturdy.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Saw the cut up l-boxx somewhere here before. It is a pretty cool mod.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Those drawers look like a neat solution. I sure hope bosch/sortimo is paying attention.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Those drawers look like a neat solution. I sure hope bosch/sortimo is paying attention.

It would be neat to know what sort of additions Sortimo is working on, especially in light of things users like us have to say for feedback.

John S

BlackHydra
    Pro

What kind of improvement do you want to see with the box?

I can’t think of any except for the price of inlays.
    The foam is payable but the rest damn.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,000 total)
  • The topic ‘V. 2.0 – Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.476 seconds