dcsimg

V. 2.0 – Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,000 total)
  • Author
    busa
    Pro
    Raleigh, NC

Yes I am new Thanks! I used half of my porter cable Oscilator box and just cut the lid off of it. I was even thinking that it would not be that difficult to create a cast of it and make you own liner that way with some type of resin or plastic. My box seemed to fit fine. But most of my tool boxes will probably not fit into an L-boxx. Paslode was way to big. jig saw maybe but I think I will use foam for it because the case does not really offer an good storage for bits so I woudl rather use the extra space for that. Router box it way to big so deff using foam for that. I saw on ebay you can buy the grey sortimo boxes with blue latches and handle. I was thinking I might use this for the DIY first aid kit so it stands out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes I am new Thanks! I used half of my porter cable Oscilator box and just cut the lid off of it. I was even thinking that it would not be that difficult to create a cast of it and make you own liner that way with some type of resin or plastic. My box seemed to fit fine. But most of my tool boxes will probably not fit into an L-boxx. Paslode was way to big. jig saw maybe but I think I will use foam for it because the case does not really offer an good storage for bits so I woudl rather use the extra space for that. Router box it way to big so deff using foam for that. I saw on ebay you can buy the grey sortimo boxes with blue latches and handle. I was thinking I might use this for the DIY first aid kit so it stands out.

Bosch has a Red L-box 1 first aid kit, It comes filled. Not sure if you can get just the box without the medical stuff inside

EDIT; I found a few links about it http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/l-boxx-1a-review-with-a-first-aid-twist/

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/l-boxx-first-aid-kit/

Rovik
    Pro

Is there a chart of the insert trays for the L-Boxxes and what the spaces are used for?

Don’t we all wish

lol we are still looking for such a thing, if it does exist…

@busa
    are you planning on sticking with the bosch foam going forward? How has it held up for you so far?

John S

busa
    Pro
    Raleigh, NC

Yes but in order to buy the Red First Aid Kit in the us I have to get in from Amazon and with shipping the total cost is 155.00 =)

busa
    Pro
    Raleigh, NC

@busa are you planning on sticking with the bosch foam going forward? How has it held up for you so far?

I think the pluck was a little sloppy and expensive. I will be using this from now on. http://bpway.com/products/l-boxx-storage-case-pre-cut-kaizen-foam-insert

BlackHydra
    Pro
    Landgraaf, The Netherlands

Damn i bought mine for 70 dollars with shipping.

busa
    Pro
    Raleigh, NC

In what country?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Those precut inserts are cool, but I can get more out of a sheet for not much more.

busa
    Pro
    Raleigh, NC

Those precut inserts are cool, but I can get more out of a sheet for not much more.

Yes I plan on making a foam cutter what do you use to cut it? Also how many do inserts do you get from 1 sheet?

busa
    Pro
    Raleigh, NC

I think I found the path I am going to take on the first aid kit. I found a seller on ebay who sells 1 red Fischer empty L-boxx 102 and one empty Bosch L-Boxx 102 for 89.00 +51.00 shipping to US. the fact they put it together with another L-boxx makes a huge difference. I was going to be buying another L-boxx anyways It averages out to about 70.00 per box which is kinda steep but not ridiculous.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/cOgAAOxyXzxTHQa1/$_57.JPG

RyanF
    Pro

I think I found the path I am going to take on the first aid kit. I found a seller on ebay who sells 1 red Fischer empty L-boxx 102 and one empty Bosch L-Boxx 102 for 89.00 +51.00 shipping to US. the fact they put it together with another L-boxx makes a huge difference. I was going to be buying another L-boxx anyways It averages out to about 70.00 per box which is kinda steep but not ridiculous.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/cOgAAOxyXzxTHQa1/$_57.JPG

Have you checked Amazon.De? I’m showing $133.00 shipped. I’d rather save $7.00, have the insert, the medical supplies, and the actual real box.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Yes I plan on making a foam cutter what do you use to cut it? Also how many do inserts do you get from 1 sheet?

I don’t remember. I still have a sheet, so I will let you know. I just use a sharp blade to cut it.

You can get those red Fischer boxes with inserts too that would work for a first aid kit.

Here’s my first L-boxx. A 3D with three i-boxx 53’s.

The 3D has all my bike stuff which was in a Plano tackle box. The tackle box could not handle the weight of the tools and started bowing.

I’m looking to get more for the rest of my stuff.

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

In what country?

With a little work we can list out location under our username so we all know where everyone is at. Just a tidbit on information.

BlackHydra
    Pro
    Landgraaf, The Netherlands

In what country?

The Netherlands

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I bought foam from these guys in BIG sheets http://www.foambymail.com/custom-packaging.html and built a hot wire cutter.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The 3D has all my bike stuff which was in a Plano tackle box. The tackle box could not handle the weight of the tools and started bowing.

I didn’t know you could get 3 53’s in a 3D, It looks like yer having picture loading issues. I have a heck of a time doing that too, You probably have to resize them

I didn’t know you could get 3 53’s in a 3D, It looks like yer having picture loading issues. I have a heck of a time doing that too, You probably have to resize them

Yes, the three 53’s fit. I saw a pic here so I went with that. The boxes sit on each other and not on the rails but they fit. On hindsight, I should have went with a L-Boxx 2 and three L-racks with separate 72’s but it would have cost much more.

I’ll try resizing the pic.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thank you for the explanation, I was wondering.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,000 total)
  • The topic ‘V. 2.0 – Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.959 seconds