dcsimg

V. 2.0 – Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,000 total)
  • Author

Let us continue what has already been a great thread on how you set up the inside of your l-boxxes and other modular boxes.

John S

BlackHydra
    Pro
    Landgraaf, The Netherlands

And i just posted my new stuff ;(

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Yes, great thread here. Giving me lots of inspiration for setting up my boxx’s as I slowly buy and receive them.

Keep it rolling….

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Is there a chart of the insert trays for the L-Boxxes and what the spaces are used for?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Hey all,

Rather than scattering them about throughout all the l-boxx topics, I thought a dedicated topic to what you are doing / what you have seen done for the inside of l-boxxes. Be it 1A’s and screws or L-boxx 2s and foam or 3Ds… etc…

Here are two recent examples I saw that looked helpful…

I am confused by this post, could you please explain what you are getting at?

The other thread was broken.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

just post it again here since likely no one will be following the 51st page of the last thread?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Let us continue what has already been a great thread on how you set up the inside of your l-boxxes and other modular boxes.

I wished you’d posted this in the Talk Around the JobSite thread. I’m too afraid I’ll drift off topic.. No money for my meds lately.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like that the sortimo’s are white with black.
    Tried to find them here but they are the older model apperantly.
    So white with blue it is.

But finally my order is in.

That some nice stuff you got there.

Dirty

supimeister wrote:
    Hey all,
    Rather than scattering them about throughout all the l-boxx topics, I thought a dedicated topic to what you are doing / what you have seen done for the inside of l-boxxes. Be it 1A’s and screws or L-boxx 2s and foam or 3Ds… etc…
    Here are two recent examples I saw that looked helpful…
    I am confused by this post, could you please explain what you are getting at?

Sorry – to clarify, my first post of this new thread sums it up: discuss here how you set up the inside of your l-boxxes and other modular boxes.

just post it again here since likely no one will be following the 51st page of the last thread?

or you can go here http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/inside-of-l-boxx-storage-setup/#post-199231 (update: dirty posted the pics above – nice!)

Is there a chart of the insert trays for the L-Boxxes and what the spaces are used for?

Nothing yet.

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Sorry – to clarify, my first post of this new thread sums it up: discuss here how you set up the inside of your l-boxxes and other modular boxes.

What if we drift off topic?

Dirty

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

What if we drift off topic?

Then it’s likely someone will kick you and you may not know who it was, like Chris Tucker in Rush Hour 🙂

lol well, we already managed to get a youtube video of Rush Hour in the thread 🙂 lol, but life goes on 🙂 The point of non talk around the job site threads is to try to keep them more focused on the topic… going off topic happens but it is nice to try to keep the off topic stuff in the talk around the jobsite threads

John S

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I need to read the old thread!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You should because it’s very confusing. It went to just the l-box talk to now we can talk about any box.

Dirty

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

You should because it’s very confusing. It went to just the l-box talk to now we can talk about any box.

That is as clear as mud.

The last thread had plenty of examples of storage setups inside of modular storage systems that were not l-boxxes… So that has been true of the thread from the beginning…

I guess I could change the title to “inside modular boxes – storage setups” but the issue of “off topic” is less a matter of “oh no he posted a tstak setup” vs. talking about power tools or the weather, etc…

For example: On a thread like the Kreg Multi Mark – http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/kreg-multi-mark-multi-purpose-marking-and-measuring-tool/page/3/#post-200084 – the simple scribe side-bar was totally fine for a bit, but since it continues to be something people want to discuss, it would be nice to keep the kreg multi-mark thread focused on the kreg tool and move the simple scribe talk to the simple scribe thread I linked to in my post.

However, if the thread was just about measuring tools in general, then the simple scribe would be something definitely ‘on topic’

Does that make sense?

And I am guessing that @njbuilder wasn’t saying he needed to read the old thread out of confusion but because there are a ton of ideas on modular storage there

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

The last thread had plenty of examples of storage setups inside of modular storage systems that were not l-boxxes… So that has been true of the thread from the beginning…

I guess I could change the title to “inside modular boxes – storage setups” but the issue of “off topic” is less a matter of “oh no he posted a tstak setup” vs. talking about power tools or the weather, etc…

For example: On a thread like the Kreg Multi Mark – http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/kreg-multi-mark-multi-purpose-marking-and-measuring-tool/page/3/#post-200084 – the simple scribe side-bar was totally fine for a bit, but since it continues to be something people want to discuss, it would be nice to keep the kreg multi-mark thread focused on the kreg tool and move the simple scribe talk to the simple scribe thread I linked to in my post.

However, if the thread was just about measuring tools in general, then the simple scribe would be something definitely ‘on topic’

Does that make sense?

And I am guessing that @njbuilder wasn’t saying he needed to read the old thread out of confusion but because there are a ton of ideas on modular storage there

Umm…..Huh? Why can’t we just keep it simple? Sometimes the conversation may veer off a bit but it’ll come back, I’m thinking that’s the normal flow of any conversation?

Umm…..Huh? Why can’t we just keep it simple? Sometimes the conversation may veer off a bit but it’ll come back, I’m thinking that’s the normal flow of any conversation?

That inevitably happens, but three things:

it just becomes really hard to know what a topic is about if topics just kinda wander around. (I agree that topics don’t need to be 100% on topic 100% of the time, but the trajectory should be towards the original topic)

forum rules mention “in general, help us adhere to a ‘one question, one thread’ policy”

(And remember, talk around the jobsite threads exist for chatter about anything)

Aaron says it better than I can:
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/summer-cleaning-btp/#post-138441

First, there is a difference between off-topic posts and off-topic threads.  When you create a new thread, first determine what sub-forum it belongs in.  This will help determine the discussion on the thread.  And for clarification, you can post any type of thread on Talk Around the Job Site because it’s for random conversation.  We love both the construction talk and the random conversations.  All work and no play makes Aaron (and Dirty and John and Boyd and …) a dull boy.  We know your life revolves around so much more than work so we want to let you post about topics not relating to work; just make sure it is in the right sub-forum and that it doesn’t take away the current discussion on the thread.

And just as with any conversations, it’s a given that there will be some off-topic comments.  We’re totally fine with this, but please just make sure that it’s limited and you try to relate it back to the topic at hand.  This is more for trade or tool-specific threads.  If random threads (e.g. Boyd’s HAM) go off-topic, I think that’s fine because it’s just a fun conversation.  Threads on the latest brushless tool or battery need to stay on topic.  Everything not in the Talk Around the Job Site sub-forum needs to stay on topic.  We’ve essentially broken the forum into two – Talk Around the Job Site for random, off-topic conversation and everything else for construction discussions.  We want BTP to be a place to talk to other pros about tools, projects, trade news, etc. and just life in general.

John S

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

@supimeister yes I want to read it for ideas. With 4 l-boxes. 1 being for my jigsaw, 1 for screws and such and the other 2 for whatever I want I need to organize myself.

I’m not sure how repeatable this is outside of a festool systainer toolbox, but using PVC is a great idea for custom fitted storage without the time consumption that a full blown hand tool insert would take.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-and-tanos-systainers/sys-toolbox-pvc-organizer/

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,000 total)
  • The topic ‘V. 2.0 – Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.527 seconds