dcsimg

V-19 I GOT A BOX

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Thank you BTP and Brittany I received my Router and Router Table. The Bosch Router table is first notch, very nice.

Congrats!

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thank you BTP and Brittany I received my Router and Router Table. The Bosch Router table is first notch, very nice.

Congrats on your box, Bill. Which router did you choose?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Nice, which router? I have a the 1617 in my Bosch router table and it works well.

Will

Wohoooo congrats Bill , but what’s that expression
    Pictures or it lol
    Which router did you get

Doobie

Congratz Bill! 👍

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I GOT A BOX!

I redeemed for a Bosch GA50C dust collection guard for grinders.

I don’t have a Bosch grinder. Guess I will need to find a grinder to use this with LOL!

Thank you Brittany!

Congrats , that looks like a good accessories. Is it for 5 Inch , or 4 to 4 1/2 , and how many points if you don’t mind me asking.

It fits both 4.5″ and 5″ Bosch grinders but NOT all models. Have to read the fine print lol. I have a Milwaukee grinder but do not like the cutting shroud, so wanted to take a look at this one before I go buy a Bosch grinder. I can’t believe I base my grinder selection based on its cutting shroud lol. I think it was 30000 points.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I GOT A BOX!

congrats – is that your first one?

Yes my very first redemption from Bosch. I did get a freak last week so this is my second free tool from Bosch.

Speaking of free tools…for those in the USA, do I need to declare the value of the free tools as some sort of “income”, is Bosch going to send me a 1099 at the end of the year lol?

redwood
    Pro

I’ve received lot’s of free tools from various manufacturers. I never received a 1099 from any of them. I can’t speak to the legalities of reporting this on your taxes. It wouldn’t surprise me at all that you should report it, but I doubt that anyone here has done that.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

I GOT A BOX!

Yes my very first redemption from Bosch. I did get a freak last week so this is my second free tool from Bosch.

Speaking of free tools…for those in the USA, do I need to declare the value of the free tools as some sort of “income”, is Bosch going to send me a 1099 at the end of the year lol?

Good question. I know in Canada you don’t have to including lottery winnings or prize winnings from things like being a winning contestant on a game show, but rewards/perks from employment or such as paid for by the employer vacations earned or prizes, yes those are ‘Taxable Benefits’ here that are added to your reportable taxable income that show up on a T4 or T4A slip which is our version of the 1099s issued in the US.

But even if your redemptions from Bosch or the Freak contest winnings should be reported for US taxes purposes, how is the IRS to know? Bosch doesn’t have your Social Security number even if they were audited by the IRS. Still, maybe a call to the IRS would be advised to know for sure.

Keep in mind, I would highly suspect that Bosch puts this down as a promotional items just to circumvent any issue with tax reporting. They also likely identify this as such for us Canadians also simply to also have us avoid brokerage and import duties/sales taxes which we are normally required to pay on goods purchased and shipped to us from the US although since about two years ago we now get our redemptions shipped direct from Bosch here in Canada versus coming direct from Bosch in the US which Jim used to have to fill out a bunch of forms to clear the border that were an added PITA for him with our redemptions so we received out redemptions free of cross border charges otherwise.

I GOT A BOX!

I know previous redemptions , or actually all the ones I’ve received from BTP I received a paperwork inside , it actually said something like no retail value , but something like they are for testing.

Doobie

I GOT A BOX!

I know previous redemptions , or actually all the ones I’ve received from BTP I received a paperwork inside , it actually said something like no retail value , but something like they are for testing.

Yes. Now that you mention it, I’ve seen that description of ‘testing’ on past cross border paperwork forms of redemptions paperwork from when Jim was dealing with shipping from the US.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Congrats on the box Bill. I think you’ll like the router table.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Congrats Bill that is great news.

How long did it take to receive this redemption?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Once I sent it directly to Brittany she responded the same day saying she would have the items sent. The it took about two weeks. A week or so from the time she answered me until I go the notice from UPS saying the stuff had shipped. For me the process went smooth.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Great to see the boxes moving again.

Congrats on the router and router table.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Once I sent it directly to Brittany she responded the same day saying she would have the items sent. The it took about two weeks. A week or so from the time she answered me until I go the notice from UPS saying the stuff had shipped. For me the process went smooth.

That is great too hear. Sounds like it was a smooth process.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Has anyone had their points removed for their redemptions?

Charlie

Instagram

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Has anyone had their points removed for their redemptions?

I have been wondering the same thing. Mine hasn’t been deducted yet. I assume it will be when Brittany catches up on getting everyone’s redemption?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I GOT A BOX!

I don’t have a Bosch grinder. Guess I will need to find a grinder to use this with LOL!

Thank you Brittany!

Congrats , that looks like a good accessories. Is it for 5 Inch , or 4 to 4 1/2 , and how many points if you don’t mind me asking.

It fits both 4.5″ and 5″ Bosch grinders but NOT all models. Have to read the fine print lol. I have a Milwaukee grinder but do not like the cutting shroud, so wanted to take a look at this one before I go buy a Bosch grinder. I can’t believe I base my grinder selection based on its cutting shroud lol. I think it was 30000 points.

That’s great you got a Boxx,,, I’m still having a hard time.. I resent this morning…

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I GOT A BOX!

Thank you Brittany!

That’s great you got a Boxx,,, I’m still having a hard time.. I resent this morning…

What did you request? If you requested a pallet of tools it will take time to fulfill Vs something simple like a grinder shroud or an ice cream cone 😂

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘V-19 I GOT A BOX’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.877 seconds