dcsimg

V-17 I GOT A BOX

This topic contains 1,004 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,006 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Post em up your BeThePro Boxxes here,,,
    so here’s the ol thread,,,http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-16-i-got-a-box/page/51/

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Merry Christmas to me! Thanks Jim @bethepro, I can’t wait to see what this baby can do!

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Merry Christmas to me! Thanks Jim @bethepro, I can’t wait to see what this baby can do!

Congrats , thats perfect timing for Christmas , enjoy your new sander ,

Merry Christmas to me! Thanks Jim bethepro target=”_blank”>@bethepro, I can’t wait to see what this baby can do!

grats on your new sander – thats a pretty nice early x-mas gift, enjoy

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@cmeyer25 oooh that is a great sander, now to start ordering mirka sand paper.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Nice box, @cmeyer25, Congrats

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@boschmanbrian, @madman_us, @58chev, @r-ice, thanks!

@r-ice I bought some sandpaper just now to see how it handles different grits, but I keep hearing about that Mirka sand paper – what’s the all the hype about?

Attachments:

Charlie

Instagram

Nice @cmeyer25 i guess everyone got that sander

@r-ice I bought some sandpaper just now to see how it handles different grits, but I keep hearing about that Mirka sand paper – what’s the all the hype about?

Its similar to drywall mesh paper. A vac can get almost everything so the grit never gets clogged of gummed up. Lasts longer and woeks cleaner

It is delicate if you snag it though

Nice….it may not be the NEXT thing on my list, but it is right up there.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@montreal_medic I’m terrible with snagging paper on rough edges – the pads on all my sanders over the years have gouges and burnt areas all over them, so I don’t know if I could make it worth my while to invest in something that costs more if my poor sanding habits will ruin them faster.

And also, thanks for the tip to let it break in. I let it just run a bit last night and this morning, and I’ll be doing a ton of sanding with it today prepping more plywood for a feature wall, so I’m curious to see how it handles after a few hours of use. It is definitely aggressive, but so far I’m liking that!

Charlie

Instagram

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

@cmeyer25 – now you can sand you @$$ off.

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Congrats @cmeyer25 Will keep you busy during the Holidays!

Merry Christmas to me! Thanks Jim @ bethepro, I can’t wait to see what this baby can do!

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Its similar to drywall mesh paper. A vac can get almost everything so the grit never gets clogged of gummed up. Lasts longer and woeks cleaner

It is delicate if you snag it though

yups eric is right, to me it is nearly the ultimate sanding paper you can get. As long as you pair it with a dust deputy and vac you will be good to go. The vac keeps the abranet clog free and you can sand for longer and keep up the pace. I prefer it to most sandpapers.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Congrats on your new sander @cmeyer25. A good sander makes life much easier.

oooh that is a great sander, now to start ordering mirka sand paper.

I wished I would have those on hand today for removing 3 layers of latex paint and texture on the wall.
    Might need to get my hand on the 1250 as well.

And also, thanks for the tip to let it break in. I let it just run a bit last night and this morning, and I’ll be doing a ton of sanding with it today prepping more plywood for a feature wall, so I’m curious to see how it handles after a few hours of use. It is definitely aggressive, but so far I’m liking that!

charlie there is also a thread for it. worth checking out, great tips for sand paper and other useful tips.
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-dual-mode-sander-1250devs/

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Congrats on the new sander, you are going to like it. It is very nice as I have one as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Merry Christmas to me! Thanks Jim bethepro, I can’t wait to see what this baby can do!

Congrats on the box. The 1250 is a nice sander.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Nice looking sander there. Definitely would love to get one of those someday.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Congrats, @cmeyer25 You’re gonna love it! It has become one of my favourite tools in the shop.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. -- Red Green

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,006 total)

The topic ‘V-17 I GOT A BOX’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 1.709 seconds