dcsimg

V-16 I GOT A BOX

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author

@skillman man you keep winning something online all the time. Congrats

Did you see me trying to hit those nails in my video . Lol i did terrible to the other guys. .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie

There’s no place near me that sells the L-Boxxes on their own. While I had thought of maybe going to a retailer that carries them far away with my insert I got imported from Alex for the sander in hand, I simply had said, why am I doing this as it is clear that the L-Boxx 4 is simply 5 inches taller than the L-Boxx 3. It’s not that simple is it?

@doobie,
    Pull up a chair and sit down. Get ready … You ready?

The CT near me had them on their shelf when I was in there last week.
    Just did a search on their site and they are now listed there.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/search-results.html?q=lboxx

What store are you near 58chev?

I have been in the CTs in my area lately snagging some Bosch clearance deals and I do go up and down the tools sections aisles each time and have yet to see any L-Boxxes.

Just now I did pull up the L-Boxx 3 and 4, and there are none in any of their 10 closest stores listed. The only way they sell them I think is you would have to order for pick-up in two weeks only.

I just did the same search, nothing near me either. But it’s a good sign that they might start carrying those L boxes.

Im near the one on The Queensway.
    They a number of them in stock except for the L-BOXX1, all other sizes on the shell.

Where I shop they are all located on the very back wall near the tools, but not in any of the tools aisle’s.

And the Quennsway is the only one I could find them in stock. Might as well go to Atlas for me if I’m gonna go out there.

But maybe it’s an early sign that they will be carrying them at other Canadian Tire stores soon.

Thank you Boyd. I did not realize that characteristic about the L-Boxx design in that the larger they get, the more tapered the base will be.

My thoughts were to get the larger L-Boxx 4 for my Half Sheet Sander with the thought of building some kind of upper storage tray for rolls of abrasives for the top part. That obviously would have not worked by the sounds of it.

There’s no place near me that sells the L-Boxxes on their own. While I had thought of maybe going to a retailer that carries them far away with my insert I got imported from Alex for the sander in hand, I simply had said, why am I doing this as it is clear that the L-Boxx 4 is simply 5 inches taller than the L-Boxx 3. It’s not that simple is it?

Nope, If I had an Lbox4 I’d measure and compare to an Lbox3 but I don’t. Perhaps someone on here that has one could, I think the width is the same it’s just the ‘depth’ (meaning front to rear)

I will try an L3 insert in an L4 in the next couple of hours

Ok, the 1250DEVS doesn’t quite make it to the bottom of an L4. Fits the L3 like it was made for it (it was)

You could probably trim the insert a hair if you really want to

Thank you Eric for being able to try that for me/us! That answers my question. Not sure I really want to go about trimming it though just to get it to fit in the larger L-Boxx 4 the insert was not intended for. I’m likely gonna stick with putting it in an L-Boxx 3 as the insert was intended for.

Funny, Systainers and Tanos boxes don’t have that characteristic of being tapered to the bottom. Wish my imported insert would fit in there as I have a spare # 4 Systainer I could re-purpose for it right now.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

And for you even “decoded”

So I’m the only one that looks at this site that doesn’t know all the model #s????? I’m not a google crawler. I’m a real person. I build for a living and out in the real world of building nobody talks like that. What are you in school for???

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

What happens is atleast for me you look of the item and get the specs and search online for the model number many times over trying to get a deal on pro tool. Soo you learn the model number and if you look couple days over and over your brain puts it into to longterm memory and it stays there. Thatd how i know all the model number

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What happens is atleast for me you look of the item and get the specs and search online for the model number many times over trying to get a deal on pro tool. Soo you learn the model number and if you look couple days over and over your brain puts it into to longterm memory and it stays there. Thatd how i know all the model number

If I were that smart I wouldn’t be a carpenter.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

So I’m the only one that looks at this site that doesn’t know all the model #s????? I’m not a google crawler. I’m a real person. I build for a living and out in the real world of building nobody talks like that. What are you in school for???

Did I miss anything or why do you reply “again” on that post (from end of August)? I don’t get it.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

You guys need to get over this issue of tool ‘callage’. Stop nippin at at each other over it. Who cares!

Yes, it’s nice to see model numbers for SEO forum purposes as a good forumite soldier and to be accurate in what we are all referring to exactly, but just mentioning a tool in its generic nomenclature manner also should just be just fine as well especially seeing as this site is primarily dealing with those who do such in being bonafide tradesmen and how they more commonly and acceptably are describing their weapons of their trades.

Chill guys. Please. What are we all after here for to a large extent. Tool knowledge and practice. Whether you call it a ‘To-ma-to, or a To-ma-Toe’ really doesn’t matter. It really shouldn’t imo.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is my fifth pair of Keen footwear acquired this year, my third as a redemption. Thank you Jim and BTP!

Nice looking boots. Congrats on the box.

Congrats on the new boots Kevin. They look really nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If I were that smart I wouldn’t be a carpenter.

Not sure how or why this came up again, but I’ll bite

You’ve often posted that you would not be a carpenter if you were smarter.

Im really curious, if things were different – smarts, education, opportunities, whatever – what would you have wanted to be?

@Doobie you got a box of Tomatoes? Lol

I personally didn’t realize how important those numbers are till all the confusion with the new HDH183 and hDS183 dds183 dhs183 ffsfyjnx3368(#*6875+ffuh

Man its tuff at first, but I think I’m getting it,
    Looking forward to the HDH183 it even comes with the fast new charger

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I personally didn’t realize how important those numbers are till all the confusion with the new HDH183 and hDS183 dds183 dhs183 ffsfyjnx3368(#*6875+ffuh

I can’t keep up with the numbers. Makes it really hard when it’s a letter or two that separates models. I wish there was a better way to differentiate models.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I can’t keep up with the numbers. Makes it really hard when it’s a letter or two that separates models. I wish there was a better way to differentiate models.

The european model number rules are easier to understand but basically it follows a rule

HDH181
    First two mean Hammer Drill. DD means Drill Drill. ID means Impact Drill

Next letter H means heavy duty. S means compact. B means Basic.

18 is 18v

1 is the generation. Generations start at 0

So DDB180 would be drill, basic, 18v, first generation

IDH181 means Impact drill, heavy duty, 18v, 2nd generation

DDS183 is compact drill; 18v, 4th generation

CCS180 is 18v compact circular saw, first generation

GTS1031 is Table Saw, Compact, 10 inch, 4th generation, 110v. Reaxx is GTS1041 by the same scheme. The old 4000 and 4100 predate this naming convention but would be GTS1011 and Gts1021

I dont remember all the starting prefixes but thats the new naming scheme

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The european model number rules are easier to understand but basically it follows a rule

HDH181

18 is 18v

CCS180 is 18v compact circular saw, first generation

GTS1031 is Table Saw, Compact, 10 inch, 4th generation, 110v. Reaxx is GTS1041 by the same scheme. The old 4000 and 4100 predate this naming convention but would be GTS1011 and Gts1021

I dont remember all the starting prefixes but thats the new naming scheme

Holy jumpin’! That is an education right there. I hope I can remember that. Will that be on the test?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Holy jumpin’! That is an education right there. I hope I can remember that. Will that be on the test?

Sorry – and it was also pretty off-topic.

I created a thread of its own to hold the logic of the model naming. A cheat sheet for that test 🙂

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-model-codes/

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I received a box from a contest .

That’s awesome! Can’t beat winning some tools

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did I miss anything or why do you reply “again” on that post (from end of August)? I don’t get it.

I don’t know?? Some how the software put me on that page??? The fact you are doing JUST for Me is a joke.

Anonymous
    Inactive

HDH181

18 is 18v

That helps to understand it and I don’t mean to get all technical on ya but doesn’t ‘DD’ mean Drill/Driver? Not Drill Drill

And ‘IDH’ mean Impact Driver? Not Impact Drill.

And the last one I quoted of DDS183 would be Drill Driver and according to you ‘S’ meaning Compact??

I can’t keep all these model numbers straight but I don’t even try, I’ve got more important things to concentrate on while working on something…..

I understand the SEO thing but as far as the average trades person goes, I can’t imagine anyone saying;

Hey buddy, Could ya hand me that DDS180 or a IDH181? Oh, And I’ll need a HDH181 too. And grab me that board by the GTS1021 LOL.

You guys need to get over this issue of tool ‘callage’. Stop nippin at at each other over it. Who cares!

Yes, it’s nice to see model numbers for SEO forum purposes as a good forumite soldier and to be accurate in what we are all referring to exactly, but just mentioning a tool in its generic nomenclature manner also should just be just fine as well especially seeing as this site is primarily dealing with those who do such in being bonafide tradesmen and how they more commonly and acceptably are describing their weapons of their trades.

Chill guys. Please. What are we all after here for to a large extent. Tool knowledge and practice. Whether you call it a ‘To-ma-to, or a To-ma-Toe’ really doesn’t matter. It really shouldn’t imo.

Indeed Thank you

That helps to understand it and I don’t mean to get all technical on ya but doesn’t ‘DD’ mean Drill/Driver? Not Drill Drill

And ‘IDH’ mean Impact Driver? Not Impact Drill.

And the last one I quoted of DDS183 would be Drill Driver and according to you ‘S’ meaning Compact??

I can’t keep all these model numbers straight but I don’t even try, I’ve got more important things to concentrate on while working on something…..

I understand the SEO thing but as far as the average trades person goes, I can’t imagine anyone saying;

Hey buddy, Could ya hand me that DDS180 or a IDH181? Oh, And I’ll need a HDH181 too. And grab me that board by the GTS1021 LOL.

Actually, I think DD, HD, and ID more specifically mean “Drill/Driver, type Drill” “Drill/Driver, Type Hammer” and “Drill/Driver, Type Impact” but it all works out to the same

I hear what you are saying, but if you are on a forum talking about a hammer, you might call it the Eastwing 16oz or something, but in the site, its a “hammer”. Not the same context.

On a car forum, my daily driver is a 2004 Volvo S40 T5. To my wife, its “my car”.

For most things, the description is more than enough, I agree. But If Im talking about how I like a given tool (or dont like it) I think it makes sense to include the model number, both so searches find it and so readers know which one Im talking about.

For example, I really dont like the PS31 drill (the brushed 12v drill) but I do like the newer brushless model that replaced it (the PS32). If I just said Im loving the 12v drill, it would be missing a key detail – at least to me.

But I wont give anyone grief for using or not using the numbers. In fact, when there is a clear “marketing name” I prefer that. Bosch Glide and Reaxx are better names than the codes, but at least everyone knows exactly which tools they are.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I myself as a trademan/toolgeek know the model numbers are important. Now the majority of trademan might not know the model name but the tool geeks do! Most social media now expects the model number and actually has been this way a long time if you look at the whole idea of unboxing videos.

Maybe Bosch should just scrap the model number all together and just call is hammer drill release v8.00 or wait a second, I guess that’s a model number now also.

A Working Pro since 2004

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok very good. I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, Probably best to use both the model# and the name of the tool on here if you want to be sure the SEO thing is covered and so everyone knows what tool someone is talking about too

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,004 total)
  • The topic ‘V-16 I GOT A BOX’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.388 seconds