dcsimg

V-16 I GOT A BOX

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I haven’t got a BoXX for a long time….

It has been a while sense you posted one. Isn’t it about time for a box or two?

Fortunately, my box was left at the door with my 8in insulated Keen Abitibis workboots. Oh ya!

Congrats on the new boots.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

my box was left at the door with my 8in insulated Keen Abitibis workboots

congrats Kevin on your new kicks 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

This is my fifth pair of Keen footwear acquired this year, my third as a redemption. Thank you Jim and BTP!

Congrats on your new KEEN’s, Kevin. They do look like they will keep your feet warm.

Thanks Santa montreal_medic Love the old school steel you sent over. Can’t wait to use em in my bench.

Nice pair of Gramercy holdfasts.
    I know I put a set on my Christmas list. 😉 (hint hint)

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

This is my fifth pair of Keen footwear acquired this year, my third as a redemption. Thank you Jim and BTP!

Nice looking boots. Congrats on the box.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Congrats on the new boots Doobie! Now you can finish the shed this winter.

Doobie

Went out for a walk in my new boots. Everything good so far. Tomorrow we’re getting our first real winter storm. Of course I’ll be trying them in that.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Based on the CanPost tracking estimate, should be here on Monday. Yipee!

So instead, the doorbell rings at 6:30 PM just as I’m in my skivies about to hop in the shower. I get to a window only to see the CanPost guy hop in his truck and drive away. Fortunately, my box was left at the door with my 8in insulated Keen Abitibis workboots. Oh ya!

I tried them on with some semi-thick socks and the fit seems good so far. The nice thing I’ve found about Keens’ is they are true to size for fit from one model to another unless the product page on Keens’ website says differently. I also know that just like Bosch tools, ‘try em and use them and if you don’t like ’em, return or exchange within 30 days’.

The weather has just been around the freezing mark since mid this week and the ground has finally frozen since yesterday and it all looks pretty well this kind of temp or even colder in the foreseable forecast, so as I use them in the coming days even, I hope to find my feet are no longer freezing after a few hours outside working.

Nice looking boots.

I should ask, since you have a few pair, is there any break in time with Keens, or are they good for long days in them right from the start?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Santa Jim!

Nice Eric. I need one too for my insert I got from Alex for my half sheet sander. Just been debating whether I want a #4 box instead to be able to also fit rolls of paper in the top also.

Don’t forget about the bigger the box the smaller the footprint due to the tapered design, If the inlay is made for the Lbox3 it’ll probably be too big for the Lbox4. I guess you could always trim the inlay IF there’s enough of a flange around the edge??? @doobie

Doobie

Thanks Santa Jim!

Nice Eric. I need one too for my insert I got from Alex for my half sheet sander. Just been debating whether I want a #4 box instead to be able to also fit rolls of paper in the top also.

Don’t forget about the bigger the box the smaller the footprint due to the tapered design, If the inlay is made for the Lbox3 it’ll probably be too big for the Lbox4. I guess you could always trim the inlay IF there’s enough of a flange around the edge??? @doobie

Thank you Boyd. I did not realize that characteristic about the L-Boxx design in that the larger they get, the more tapered the base will be.

My thoughts were to get the larger L-Boxx 4 for my Half Sheet Sander with the thought of building some kind of upper storage tray for rolls of abrasives for the top part. That obviously would have not worked by the sounds of it.

There’s no place near me that sells the L-Boxxes on their own. While I had thought of maybe going to a retailer that carries them far away with my insert I got imported from Alex for the sander in hand, I simply had said, why am I doing this as it is clear that the L-Boxx 4 is simply 5 inches taller than the L-Boxx 3. It’s not that simple is it?

Thanks again for your comments @Dabbs!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@doobie i believe that atlas machinery has the lboxx on its own that you can buy. They generally sell each lines boxes, last time they were selling the makita box on its on for 5 bucks each.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Boyd. I did not realize that characteristic about the L-Boxx design in that the larger they get, the more tapered the base will be.

My thoughts were to get the larger L-Boxx 4 for my Half Sheet Sander with the thought of building some kind of upper storage tray for rolls of abrasives for the top part. That obviously would have not worked by the sounds of it.

There’s no place near me that sells the L-Boxxes on their own. While I had thought of maybe going to a retailer that carries them far away with my insert I got imported from Alex for the sander in hand, I simply had said, why am I doing this as it is clear that the L-Boxx 4 is simply 5 inches taller than the L-Boxx 3. It’s not that simple is it?

Nope, If I had an Lbox4 I’d measure and compare to an Lbox3 but I don’t. Perhaps someone on here that has one could, I think the width is the same it’s just the ‘depth’ (meaning front to rear)

Nope, If I had an Lbox4 I’d measure and compare to an Lbox3 but I don’t. Perhaps someone on here that has one could, I think the width is the same it’s just the ‘depth’ (meaning front to rear)

I will try an L3 insert in an L4 in the next couple of hours

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I got a box although it wasn’t from BTP it is Bosch.
    My boss got me this for work.
    GLL 3-15

Grats on this from my experience i would say to be sure to baby it. Its been a few years though so maybe they are making them tougher. Be curious as to its longevity for you

I will try an L3 insert in an L4 in the next couple of hours

Ok, the 1250DEVS doesn’t quite make it to the bottom of an L4. Fits the L3 like it was made for it (it was)

You could probably trim the insert a hair if you really want to

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Ok, the 1250DEVS doesn’t quite make it to the bottom of an L4. Fits the L3 like it was made for it (it was)

You could probably trim the insert a hair if you really want to

Well the 1250DEVS is made for the L3 haha 😛

The idea from Kevin could work, you just have to shave off the foam from the OS50VC insert. Then it could fit in the L4.

But I would not go thru all that hassle.
    Just put the half sheet sander in an L3 and get a separate L2 maybe just for sanding discs.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I received a box from a contest .

Congrats on winning the contest. Nice hammer too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@doobie
    Pull up a chair and sit down. Get ready … You ready? 😮

The CT near me had them on their shelf when I was in there last week.
    Just did a search on their site and they are now listed there.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/search-results.html?q=lboxx

— Glenn Botting

Doobie

@doobie,
    Pull up a chair and sit down. Get ready … You ready?

What store are you near @58chev?

I have been in the CTs in my area lately snagging some Bosch clearance deals and I do go up and down the tools sections aisles each time and have yet to see any L-Boxxes.

Just now I did pull up the L-Boxx 3 and 4, and there are none in any of their 10 closest stores listed. The only way they sell them I think is you would have to order for pick-up in two weeks only.

@doobie,

What store are you near @58chev?

I have been in the CTs in my area lately snagging some Bosch clearance deals and I do go up and down the tools sections aisles each time and have yet to see any L-Boxxes.

Just now I did pull up the L-Boxx 3 and 4, and there are none in any of their 10 closest stores listed. The only way they sell them I think is you would have to order for pick-up in two weeks only.

I just did the same search, nothing near me either. But it’s a good sign that they might start carrying those L boxes.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@doobie,

What store are you near 58chev?

I just did the same search, nothing near me either. But it’s a good sign that they might start carrying those L boxes.

Im near the one on The Queensway.
    They a number of them in stock except for the L-BOXX1, all other sizes on the shell.

Where I shop they are all located on the very back wall near the tools, but not in any of the tools aisle’s.

— Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,004 total)
  • The topic ‘V-16 I GOT A BOX’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.341 seconds