dcsimg

V-16.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author

Testing outside link as pro not admin: http://google.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Wiha 61601 MaxiFlex 39″ Folding Ruler Inside Reading
    Wiha 61606 Composite MaxiFlex 55″ Folding Ruler – Metric/Inch
    Wiha 61662 MaxiFlex Folding Ruler Metric/Inch
    Wiha 61620 MaxiFlex Folding Ruler 6′ Outside Reading w/ Depth Gauge

The 61620 with depth gauge seems to be similarly dimensioned to the Lufkin I have

I am a little inbetween on the composite hinges, they don’t feel as smooth as the Lufkin after I put the teflon wax lubricant on the hinges. For the 61620 I definitely needed it since the hinges were fairly stiff.

I’ll find out what brand mine is and you should get one of those. The hinges are very nice, they have specific detents that lock in place.

@r-ice

what brand is yours aaron? great when it stops/locks at certain angles.
    not every folding ruler does that.

I am thinking about placing an order for some wiha folding ruler too.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Testing as a pro not admin: http://bethepro.com/quikrete-home-free-challenge/

Seems to be working good half way to china..

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The 61620 with depth gauge seems to be similarly dimensioned to the Lufkin I have

I am a little inbetween on the composite hinges, they don’t feel as smooth as the Lufkin after I put the teflon wax lubricant on the hinges. For the 61620 I definitely needed it since the hinges were fairly stiff.

I’ll find out what brand mine is and you should get one of those. The hinges are very nice, they have specific detents that lock in place.

@r-ice

They are the long life folding ruler i got at lee valley’s. It isn’t wood but some sort of plastic, however it holds it shape pretty well. They are made in switzerland and of very high quality. Each joint is spring loaded and has its own detents, so it stays in place as well.

g0538

i wholeheartedly reccomend these.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Testing as a pro not admin: http://bethepro.com/quikrete-home-free-challenge/

Seems to be working good half way to china..

Yet not for everyone for some reason…R-Ice posted a link above and this is what I’m seeing.

@BTP2012
    @test-heather

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Attachments:
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@r-ice

They are the long life folding ruler i got at lee valley’s. It isn’t wood but some sort of plastic, however it holds it shape pretty well. They are made in switzerland and of very high quality. Each joint is spring loaded and has its own detents, so it stays in place as well.

please send me the link in a pm. I can’t see it / shows up as a picture.

Yet not for everyone for some reason…R-Ice posted a link above and this is what I’m seeing.

I see it the exact same way

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

All you have to do is put a space somewhere in the link and it will show up. Seeee
    http:/ /bethepro.com/forums/topic/pallet-shed/page/11/#post-538854

BtP2012
    Keymaster
    Test City, IL

We were trying to avoid folks doing that. This is happening because the site supports oembed, which generally is nice, but not when you’re embedding your own site in your own site 🙂

Technically it’s disabled, but somehow some are still getting through…

redwood
    Pro

All you have to do is put a space somewhere in the link and it will show up. Seeee

Maybe, but that does not seem to be a operable link.

I have been getting those same BTP pics with my profile. I thought it was just me.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

@r-ice
    The joints are fine in the Wihas, but they are a little awkward to operate because they have a lock at 90 degrees as well. They just don’t swing out as quickly and easily as the Lufkin.

I am warming up to the Wiha folding rules, you can definitely “abuse” them in a way that you can’t with a wooden folding rule. They’re fairly flexible when you have them flat but they’re as rigid when you hold them rotated.

We were trying to avoid folks doing that. This is happening because the site supports oembed, which generally is nice, but not when you’re embedding your own site in your own site 🙂

Technically it’s disabled, but somehow some are still getting through…

Sounds like me talking to my teenage sons, tech. not everything gets through, but some things do

Doobie

I have a handful of really old folding rules. Frankly they sit there as museum pieces.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I have a handful of really old folding rules. Frankly they sit there as museum pieces.

I wore out dozens of folding rules when I worked in the machine shop

Bought these at Home Depot . I’m really liking them so far . One is set up for paint and the other is cordless tools . Got the sale over Father’s Day buy two boxes get third free $98 bucks .

Always willing to learn .

Attachments:
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Bought these at Home Depot . I’m really liking them so far . One is set up for paint and the other is cordless tools . Got the sale over Father’s Day buy two boxes get third free $98 bucks .

nice purchase skillman. those ones are great – hear only good things about it…
    they are on my list too

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

nice purchase skillman. those ones are great – hear only good things about it…
    they are on my list too

I will post inside pictures of the setup . Could’t pass up saving $60 bucks . Tired of having painting tools spread all over in buckets .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Maybe, but that does not seem to be a operable link.

I have been getting those same BTP pics with my profile. I thought it was just me.

No it doesn’t work LOL but it’s better that the box looking thing. You can move it into the address bar and remove the space and it will work from there

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@r-ice

please send me the link in a pm. I can’t see it / shows up as a picture.

I see it the exact same way

thats weird, most of the time we can post links and not have a problem but for some odd reason in some threads, it just doesn’t want to show.
    here i am posting here with a space so anybody else who wants one can find the one i am talking about.

http ://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=72494&cat=1,43513

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I will post inside pictures of the setup . Could’t pass up saving $60 bucks . Tired of having painting tools spread all over in buckets .

thanks…pictures are always a pleasure 😀 now you can spend those 60 bucks on something else haha
    Siberian bought the same kit and has it filled up with drywall tools/ wall repair items.
    at my local HD those ridgid boxes sell out quick.

thats weird, most of the time we can post links and not have a problem but for some odd reason in some threads, it just doesn’t want to show.
    here i am posting here with a space so anybody else who wants one can find the one i am talking about.

Thanks – I just checked them out…they do look great.
    decisions to make – wiha or longlife or just buying both haha

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just moved it to my address bar and took out the space and I was there. It’s a go around for now.

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-16.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.921 seconds