dcsimg

V-14.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

• This topic has 1,013 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,014 total)
  • Author
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I bought couple drywall tools today due to all the good comments about Goldblatt.
    I am excited to use them in the next couple days. I am still debating which Inside Corner Trowel I gonna keep, the big one or the small one.

I never did like those corner trowels. Not sure if it’s just that I never got the feel of using one, but I never got a satisfactory result.

never tried a corner trowel. just seems kind of annoying since you have to mud the corner with a regular knife anyway then switch

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I bought couple drywall tools today due to all the good comments about Goldblatt.
    I am excited to use them in the next couple days. I am still debating which Inside Corner Trowel I gonna keep, the big one or the small one.

I never did like those corner trowels. Not sure if it’s just that I never got the feel of using one, but I never got a satisfactory result.

I was waiting for someone else to say what I was thinking. But then again I never really get much of a satisfactory result when I’m holding any kind of trowel.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

never tried a corner trowel. just seems kind of annoying since you have to mud the corner with a regular knife anyway then switch

It is annoying. I bought one a while back but never use it. If you are careful, you can mud both sides of a corner without one anyway. They just seem to add another step…then you have to clean one more tool too.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

redwood
    Pro

I usually used the corner trowel for the first coat and maybe the 2nd coat and then finished with a knife. They work fine once you are used to them. They help to push mud into the corner seam. I should say that I use mesh tape, so that might make a difference.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I like the corner trowel myself. It’s faster to get a good looking/even corner for me.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like the corner trowel myself. It’s faster to get a good looking/even corner for me.

I tried it once but didn’t really get it,,, I think I need a lesson.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I usually used the corner trowel for the first coat and maybe the 2nd coat and then finished with a knife. They work fine once you are used to them. They help to push mud into the corner seam. I should say that I use mesh tape, so that might make a difference.

I use FibaFuse on the the flats and paper in corners because the FibaFuse rips horribly if you catch it with a knife while mudding the corner. I’m assuming a corner trowel would prevent this from happening.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

That sounds the same for me as well. Once I got used to it, I relied on it to get perfect corners.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Well for me its gonna be the first time using a corner trowel.
    But I am always down to learn new things

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well for me its gonna be the first time using a corner trowel.
    But I am always down to learn new things

Good luck, I suck at drywall.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I can see how corner trowel would work pushing the mud into the corner seam.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Got the final piece to the 17″ Drill Press I picked up from auction last month.

The keys are in and it is now a complete unit that can be used.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Attachments:
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah i learnt from @58chev and i find that it helps push the mud in to the corner really well, much faster for me then using a regular trowel to get nice even lines.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

yah i learnt from and i find that it helps push the mud in to the corner really well, much faster for me then using a regular trowel to get nice even lines.

I watched youtube like I always do when there is something new I never done before.
    Thats why I decided to get a corner trowel because it looks easy.
    And of course like you guys said it pushes the mud even and nice in the corner.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice that the drill press is all done and working.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man seeing those keys brings back memories of always trying find them to change bits and tips on drills .

Always willing to learn .

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I have used a corner trowel a few times. I made a big mess instead of the complete and utter disaster I got when just using a straight one. 🙂

I suck at it either way.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

redwood
    Pro

With those corner trowels, like all things joint compound you want a thin, even coat, so you do want to apply some pressure. Mud will gather on the outsides of your corner trowel and then you use your regular knife to scrape off the excess.

Practice makes perfect.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I suck at drywall.

I suck at it either way.

Practice makes perfect.

RW are you any good at the mudding of the drywalling??

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,014 total)
  • The topic ‘V-14.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.477 seconds