dcsimg

V-14.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

• This topic has 1,013 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,014 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I had mentioned before in the now broken/closed V13 version of the this thread that there was a drywall lift going on sale as a special buy at Princess Auto come tomorrow (Tuesday). They have 25 of them in stock, and I just called them again as I was suggested to do by the girl I spoke with last week.

Didn’t know they did this, but they’ve put one on hold for me for tomorrow morning pick up. Yippee!

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/11-ft-drywall-hoist/A-p8415754e

EDIT: Anybody want a closer look at this, I found a fellow who did an unboxing and review of that exact same lift.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/xfF65ewnMRk?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” allowfullscreen=”” frameborder=”0″ height=”433″ width=”770″></iframe></figure>

My wife threw out all “my” flyers!!!! How much? They usually have pretty good prices.

It’s $149.99 CDA.

They have their regularly carried model for $239 and the only diff is the wheels on the Special Buy model are 4in plastic wheels versus 5in rubber on the other more expensive one.

EDIT: There must be other diffs as well though. I noted that for both of them, there is a 5 ft extension that can be used to bring the maximum lift height to 16 ft for either model. Each model though has a different SKU number and price for their respective extension accessory.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I had mentioned before in the now broken/closed V13 version of the this thread that there was a drywall lift going on sale as a special buy at Princess Auto come tomorrow (Tuesday). They have 25 of them in stock, and I just called them again as I was suggested to do by the girl I spoke with last week.

Didn’t know they did this, but they’ve put one on hold for me for tomorrow morning pick up. Yippee!

EDIT: Anybody want a closer look at this, I found a fellow who did an unboxing and review of that exact same lift.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/xfF65ewnMRk?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” allowfullscreen=”” frameborder=”0″ height=”433″ width=”770″></iframe></figure>

My wife threw out all “my” flyers!!!! How much? They usually have pretty good prices.

It’s $149.99 CDA.

They have their regularly carried model for $239 and the only diff is the wheels on the Special Buy model are 4in plastic wheels versus 5in rubber on the other more expensive one.

well for $90 cheaper who cares haha

Still beats the $45/day rental last time I used one.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I bought couple drywall tools today due to all the good comments about Goldblatt.
    I am excited to use them in the next couple days. I am still debating which Inside Corner Trowel I gonna keep, the big one or the small one.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Attachments:
    Clev08
    Pro

I bought couple drywall tools today due to all the good comments about Goldblatt.
    I am excited to use them in the next couple days. I am still debating which Inside Corner Trowel I gonna keep, the big one or the small one.

Someone bought the whole set! They look really nice!

redwood
    Pro

I don’t know too many people that get excited about spreading mud.

You should actually use both trowels, just like joints, each coat should get progressively wider.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I thought it was TreeFiddy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very nice set. Looks like you have a big drywall project coming up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

It’s $149.99 CDA.

EDIT: There must be other diffs as well though. I noted that for both of them, there is a 5 ft extension that can be used to bring the maximum lift height to 16 ft for either model. Each model though has a different SKU number and price for their respective extension accessory.

from all the reviews i read, and from talking to the people in store, the special order they do for these, they are decent drywall lifts. No one has any complaint about them. Just make sure it is put together the right way lol. make sure it locks the right way lol @58chev and i learnt the hard way, when we had the board all the way up and the thing wouldn’t lock.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

You should actually use both trowels, just like joints, each coat should get progressively wider.

Nice purchase. Mark is right I would keep and use both corner trowels.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Kevin,
    It’s a great tool to own and later down the road when you have no use for it. You can easily get your money back selling it used.

As mentioned, just watch that the ratchet on the turning wheel was installed properly from the factory.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Congrats Alex. Keep both inside corner trowels as you will find that they will both be very useful.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

It’s $149.99 CDA.

from all the reviews i read, and from talking to the people in store, the special order they do for these, they are decent drywall lifts. No one has any complaint about them. Just make sure it is put together the right way lol. make sure it locks the right way lol @58chev and i learnt the hard way, when we had the board all the way up and the thing wouldn’t lock.

That must have been funny in hindsight. Lol!

@Montreal_Medic congrats Eric, that’s a very nice big box to get,
    Looks like it’s in good shape, looking forward to seeing you set it up

@madman_us
    congrats those are nice shiny new trowel tools.
    I guess you will be mudding your garage walls soon

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Thanks Mark. I think its all about the new tools. Not so much about spreading mud haha. I wanna see the difference to the drywall tools I already own.
    bought some on garage sales and 2 knives came with the house, laying around in the garage. almost like “give a broad hint” – there is work to do in the house

@RonW
    @58Chev thanks yeah I will keep both corner trowels

@theamcguy
    well its just the garage. should have bought all those nice tools when I did my dining room 😀

@Clev08
    thanks yeah I bought it all haha 😀

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Woot!

Ordered online Thursday night, waiting on my front step today when I got home

Congrats on the saw Eric. Must have been a good deal.

Went and picked up my drywall lift. Of course, I was shopping hungry and had to buy a few other things. Lol! 😉

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Woot!

grats Eric on your purchase. you will love that saw!

@Doobie

grats Kevin on your drywall lift. Its on my list too!
    I am waiting that HD has a Drywall Equipment sale again.
    I believe its the brand “Pro-Series” or so.
    I have couple 5/8″ 4.5’x12′ sheets for the garage ceiling. The lift will come in handy for that job.
    its cheaper to buy one instead of renting for a week

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Woot!

Congrats on the saw Eric. Must have been a good deal.

Went and picked up my drywall lift. Of course, I was shopping hungry and had to buy a few other things. Lol! 😉

Dont you just hate shopping hungry?!

Nothing wrong with more extension cords and 3-ways.

Don’t you hate

Doobie

The only deterent is it eats up a chunk of room when in storage.

The only deterent is it eats up a chunk of room when in storage.

Once you’ve covered the rental cost, and the job is done, you can sell it, give it, or toss it

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Woot!

Congrats on the new miter saw. You’re going to like it.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,014 total)
  • The topic ‘V-14.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.809 seconds