dcsimg

V-12.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 1,010 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Fedex came at some point this morning.

I had a battery mower. Never again. Battery replacement was the killer. Every three years. First time covered under warranty. Second time would have been $200 on my dime. It went in the trash.

The only novelty was it was nice and quiet and people would walk by and give ooohs and aaahs. Big deal!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you gonna have any lawn to cut after you test the riding mower from a few weeks ago?

No, I didn’t really need it, did I? I don’t even have much lawn to begin with, lol. The choices in the outdoor section were pretty limited this month. I thought it was a 40v one, but it’s 2 18v’s. I don’t know what to expect of it, and it’ll be months anyway before I have grass to even cut.

I had a battery mower. Never again. Battery replacement was the killer. Every three years. First time covered under warranty. Second time would have been $200 on my dime. It went in the trash.

I love my gas-powered stuff, and never would have purchased one, but it was available.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Caterpillar has a new smart phone. The S60. Powered by Android Marshmallow it is a 1/2″ thick making it a bulky phone. There is a reason for this, this is the first phone with a FLIR camera built right in to the phone and a massive 3800 mAh battery. It can survive 810G miltary testing drop test and uses Gorilla Glass 4. It can covert to hide the speaker and buttons so it can be used up to 16 feet (This feature I could use for very dusty environments) under water.

-Dedicated FLIR thermal camera app with MSX technology; still image, panorama, and video capture; changeable heat palettes; temperature spot meter; and min, max, and average temperature data

It will be nice to see more trade related phones that can take a beating and over perform our tasks on site.

http://www.catphones.com/en-gb/news/press-releases/cat-s60-announced-as-worlds-first-smartphone-with-integrated-thermal-camera

A Working Pro since 2004

Attachments:

@Sparky603 congrats, that’s a cool little mower, eventually I will cave in for a battery operated lawn mower, they make some very decent ones now.

@utopia78
    that’s a very nice looking phone Chris, you thinking of changing

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@utopia78 that’s a very nice looking phone Chris, you thinking of changing

My screen has been cracked for 5 months. An upgrade is inevitable 😀

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dedicated FLIR thermal camera app with MSX technology; still image, panorama, and video capture; changeable heat palettes; temperature spot meter; and min, max, and average temperature data

Wow that’s interesting. Can’t wait to see the apps developed to take advantage of that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fedex has been here again.

Very nice, congrats again,

Doobie

I love my gas-powered stuff, and never would have purchased one, but it was available.

I thought it was a product testing item you received.

@utopia78 that’s a very nice looking phone Chris, you thinking of changing

My screen has been cracked for 5 months. An upgrade is inevitable 😀

Will that be one of the phones you will be looking at, is that your moto G? That has the cracked screen,
    I’m guessing you need a solid phone Chris,

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Caterpillar has a new smart phone. The S60. Powered by Android Marshmallow it is a 1/2″ thick making it a bulky phone. There is a reason for this, this is the first phone with a FLIR camera built right in to the phone and a massive 3800 mAh battery. It can survive 810G miltary testing drop test and uses Gorilla Glass 4. It can covert to hide the speaker and buttons so it can be used up to 16 feet (This feature I could use for very dusty environments) under water.

-Dedicated FLIR thermal camera app with MSX technology; still image, panorama, and video capture; changeable heat palettes; temperature spot meter; and min, max, and average temperature data

It will be nice to see more trade related phones that can take a beating and over perform our tasks on site.

http://www.catphones.com/en-gb/news/press-releases/cat-s60-announced-as-worlds-first-smartphone-with-integrated-thermal-camera

Nice! Flir have put the thermal chips for sale now to all smartphone makers so I hope it will only be a matter of waiting for more companies to integrate them. I have a pre-order in on the newest FlirOne and had the old one as well. It’s great technology and once you get used to having it in your pocket you will end up using it all the time, really handy stuff to have.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Sparky603 congrats, that’s a cool little mower, eventually I will cave in for a battery operated lawn mower, they make some very decent ones now.

Thanks, Brian. Those EGO brand 56v ones are pricey, but they seem to get good reviews. I see they have a snow blower coming too. I don’t know how much to expect from the one I received.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@utopia78
    Chris,
    You need to get yourself a SONIM.. LOL
    We tested these for our warehouse environment, These phones can take a beating.

That Klein multi-meter looks like a nice tool to be testing out.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Hey, nice little box to be getting. Have fun with it.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@utopia78,
    Chris,

What a great testing facility! Never heard of Sonim before; must do a search and check them out.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Clev08
    Pro

Not sure why I needed it but for less than $20 why not.

Attachments:
    redwood
    Pro

Not sure why I needed it but for less than $20 why not.

I’ve never seen a Bosch multimeter, but I’m not surprised they make one. They come in handy for lot’s of things. In my case, checking battery voltages.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

There’s a drywall lift going on sale as a Special Buy at Princess Auto early next week for $150. Gonna buy one. Renting one is like $50/Day or $160/Week. I know I’m gonna save money by buying one instead already.

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/11-ft-drywall-hoist/A-p8415754e

While their website shows that price already, they are not available in the store at that price til Tuesday. I called the PA in Whitby, and they said they have 25 in stock ready for next Tuesday.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@utopia78,
    Chris,

What a great testing facility! Never heard of Sonim before; must do a search and check them out.

That is a cool facility. The Cat phone took a real beating! Nice video thanks Frank, I’ve never heard of the SONIM before that I remember.

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

There’s a drywall lift going on sale as a Special Buy at Princess Auto early next week for $150. Gonna buy one. Renting one is like $50/Day or $160/Week. I know I’m gonna save money by buying one instead already.

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/11-ft-drywall-hoist/A-p8415754e

While their website shows that price already, they are not available in the store at that price til Tuesday. I called the PA in Whitby, and they said they have 25 in stock ready for next Tuesday.

Kevin,
    Line up at the door early. 😉
    They go like hot cakes when they are on sale.
    The first thing to make sure with the PA one id that the crank handle locks. r-ice bought one and ended up returning it because the crank handle did not ratchet properly.

I never knew that testing facility was out in Oshawa either. LOL

That is a cool facility. The Cat phone took a real beating! Nice video thanks Frank, I’ve never heard of the SONIM before that I remember.

Sonim have been making indestructible phones for some time. They were more known for walkie style phones, kinda like the old Mike Network ones. We drove a forklift over one and it only got dusty from being on the floor.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 1,010 total)
  • The topic ‘V-12.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.834 seconds