dcsimg

V-12.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

• This topic has 1,009 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,010 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here’s a new thread to post up pics and tell us about you new tools you buy.

Here’s the old thread.
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-11-0-toolaholic-public-announcement-page/page/51/

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Just bought a Milwaukee Super Sawzall – the 15 amp saw. Had a great price at HD and online for a little cheaper, so HD matched it. Just did a few test cuts and seemed to run really smooth and had plenty of power. I was debating this and the Makita, but since the Milwaukee was available at my local store and no one had the Makita, Miwaukee won out. I had thought about the Bosch units, but I need to cut lots of steel and I want non-orbital cutting for this and the Bosch units are only orbital machines.

I do like the the Makita has a lock-on switch – not many of the other saws have this feature and I would guess it is a safety thing, but I thought that was one thing lacking on the Milwaukee. I do like that this saw is assembled in the USA. Not manufactured in the US, but at least some factory workers put it together.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Just bought a Milwaukee Super Sawzall – the 15 amp saw. Had a great price at HD and online for a little cheaper, so HD matched it. Just did a few test cuts and seemed to run really smooth and had plenty of power. I was debating this and the Makita, but since the Milwaukee was available at my local store and no one had the Makita, Miwaukee won out. I had thought about the Bosch units, but I need to cut lots of steel and I want non-orbital cutting for this and the Bosch units are only orbital machines.

I do like the the Makita has a lock-on switch – not many of the other saws have this feature and I would guess it is a safety thing, but I thought that was one thing lacking on the Milwaukee. I do like that this saw is assembled in the USA. Not manufactured in the US, but at least some factory workers put it together.

I’ve had sawsall that have a orbital or straight switch. The Makita AVT is a great recip saw.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve had sawsall that have a orbital or straight switch.

What is the orbital switch? I have never had this feature on a recip saw.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve had sawsall that have a orbital or straight switch. The Makita AVT is a great recip saw.

I agree. The AVT just blows through anything in its path…and the vibration control is the best I’ve ever experienced. It’s an expensive saw, but totally worth it.

I’ve had sawsall that have a orbital or straight switch.

What is the orbital switch? I have never had this feature on a recip saw.

It’s a switch on the side of the saw that changes the sawing motion from simply straight back and forth to an elliptical motion…same sawing motion that a jigsaw uses.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

elliptical motion

Yup that’s right , wood likes the elliptical motion and metal the straight .

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

elliptical motion

Oh OK. Thank you. Nice to know.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

elliptical motion

Never knew that either. Learn something new every day here.

woodman_412

elliptical motion

The new Bosch recip that I got has constant orbit so you can’t switch back and forth but it seems to cut really quick on metal just the same. I’ve always gone with the orbit on wood and straight on metal with other saws I’ve used but the Bosch seems to work well on both with the permanent orbit mode.

Dan

danpattison.com

yellaD
    Pro

elliptical motion

Wow

Never knew that either. Learn something new every day here.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

You’ll really like that saw Tool Junkie. The 15 amp is a beast so if it gets pinched…….hold on cause you’re going for a ride! Lol.

If my super Sawzall ever goes out I will be getting the Makita. So many have said it is just as powerful but a bit more of a pleasure to use.

Honestly I don’t use my super Sawzall very much since I got the Milwaukee Fuel Sawzall.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

elliptical motion

The new Bosch recip that I got has constant orbit so you can’t switch back and forth but it seems to cut really quick on metal just the same. I’ve always gone with the orbit on wood and straight on metal with other saws I’ve used but the Bosch seems to work well on both with the permanent orbit mode.

I think you’ll find that the blade life won’t be as long when cutting metal. When I forget to turn off the orbital action while cutting metal, I’ve noticed that my blades burn up more quickly. I think the teeth are being “forced” downward into the metal which prematurely dulls them.

I could be wrong, but it seems like this is true on my particular reciprocating saw (15A Makita AVT).

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Finally found two of the masonry/brick jointers that I have been looking for in the Kraft Tool catalog. One is the “double end grapevine jointer” and the other is a ball jointer. I’ve never used the ball jointer but am willing to give it a shot.

A Working Pro since 2004

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

my new IR air compressor should arrive someday this week.
    the company sorted everything out with the manufacturer.
    damaged one will be picked up when they deliver the new one.
    received a email with a bill of lading paper which i have to hand over to the truck driver that i dont get billed for it

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

received a email with a bill of lading paper which i have to hand over to the truck driver that i dont get billed for it

I was using my DeWalt Emglo compressor today. It takes a lot of Amps but runs good and over 10 years old.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice they got it all sorted out for you and you are a getting a new compressor.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Finally found two of the masonry/brick jointers that I have been looking for in the Kraft Tool catalog. One is the “double end grapevine jointer” and the other is a ball jointer. I’ve never used the ball jointer but am willing to give it a shot.

@utopia78,
    I’ve never seen the ball jointer before.
    The double ended one is just a newer take on the jointers that have been around for decades.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I was using my DeWalt Emglo compressor today. It takes a lot of Amps but runs good and over 10 years old.

I hear good things about those Emglo compressor’s. They do seem to last a long time.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

It’s a switch on the side of the saw that changes the sawing motion from simply straight back and forth to an elliptical motion…same sawing motion that a jigsaw uses.

@jponto07 interesting Jon, is this only on corded models, or on both corded and cordless, I know my older Bosch cordless Sawzall does not have that features,

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@jponto07 interesting Jon, is this only on corded models, or on both corded and cordless, I know my older Bosch cordless Sawzall does not have that features,

I’ve got an older Dewalt one and no way to control how the blade cuts.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,010 total)
  • The topic ‘V-12.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.979 seconds