dcsimg

V-11 I GOT A BOX

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author

Thanks guys!!!
    Tapcon emailed and said because they were late shipping out the prize that they would throw in 4 Tapcon bit set also. Looking forward to post the picture of the bucket of Tapcons. I have to thank them for being very professional.

BTW I just received these Kevlar Epoxy Metal Repair kit called “Patcher” from FMP coatings. Looking forward to trying these out. Nice that it can also patch metal under water. I should be starting a thread on this kit soon. Would like to test it and show the forum.

@utopia78
    man that’s cool of Tapcon to do that,

thanks for the info on the I-boxes , looking forward to see how you set them up Chris

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Thanks guys!!!
    Tapcon emailed and said because they were late shipping out the prize that they would throw in 4 Tapcon bit set also. Looking forward to post the picture of the bucket of Tapcons. I have to thank them for being very professional.

BTW I just received these Kevlar Epoxy Metal Repair kit called “Patcher” from FMP coatings. Looking forward to trying these out. Nice that it can also patch metal under water. I should be starting a thread on this kit soon. Would like to test it and show the forum.

Is that similar to the stuff they use to fix leaky radiators ?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

“Patcher” Kevlar Metal Epoxy by FMP would be similar to JB Weld (same cost) and Belzona 1111 (expensive). I would assume you could use it on rads. I’m going to test it out tomorrow and review the data sheets and specs so could give more info then.

A Working Pro since 2004

yellaD
    Pro

Thanks guys!!!

Would love to read about your experience with the underwater metal repair kit. Would I be wrong to think being able to do stuff “underwater” is a gateway to what will work in “space” eventually?
    BTW Anyone weld underwater before?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

DirtyWhiteBoy wrote:

Congrats on the L-Rack utopia78, so that thing clips on the bottom of any Boxx to make a spot for a accessory draw?

Yes sir!

But the draw doesn’t come with the rack?? How do you get the draw??

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

“Patcher” Kevlar Metal Epoxy by FMP would be similar to JB Weld (same cost) and Belzona 1111 (expensive). I would assume you could use it on rads. I’m going to test it out tomorrow and review the data sheets and specs so could give more info then.

I use the JB Weld epoxy puddy to fill screw holes. Like in hinges when I have to move the hing 1/8 or a 1/4 inch or if I need to move the strike plate i fill in with that stuff.

Doobie

I’m going to test it out tomorrow

What are you gonna test it on Chris?

@Utopia78

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’d be interested to see how this “Patcher” stuff turns out.
    I wonder if it would hold up to a gas tank repair? One of JB’s products is specifically made for that purpose.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

I’d be interested to see how this “Patcher” stuff turns out.
    I wonder if it would hold up to a gas tank repair? One of JB’s products is specifically made for that purpose.

What colour does it dry?

The one I used on my aluminum patio table leg, dries like an aluminum color, maybe a little darker, works great.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I once fixed a broken thermostat housing on my ’71 GMC 3/4 ton with JB weld to get me by. I ended up not replacing it. The patched up housing was still on it when I got rid of the truck. Tough stuff!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Thanks guys!!!

Would love to read about your experience with the underwater metal repair kit. Would I be wrong to think being able to do stuff “underwater” is a gateway to what will work in “space” eventually?
    BTW Anyone weld underwater before?

i think that requires a bit of schooling to do that right, it is a speciality that makes tons of money as their aren’t that many people able to do it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I once fixed a broken thermostat housing on my ’71 GMC 3/4 ton with JB weld to get me by. I ended up not replacing it. The patched up housing was still on it when I got rid of the truck. Tough stuff!

Lots of amazing stories using JB Weld. It really does work if the surface is clean and grease free.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Sorry guys, didn’t get a chance to work with it today and will start the thread tomorrow so we don’t clutter up the “I got a box thread”. Looking forward to reviewing it and sharing!!

Lots of amazing stories using JB Weld. It really does work if the surface is clean and grease free.

Your right! It’s very important to clean the surface and to actually rough it up a bit with some abrasive/sandpaper before applying.

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Your right! It’s very important to clean the surface and to actually rough it up a bit with some abrasive/sandpaper before applying.

I have used JB Weld to fill stripped bolt holes then drilled and tapped it and the repair worked out great.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I received my box of redemption items, my first redeem with BeThePro, so they are small but useful:

Model Number Points Description
    OSC114C 6000 1-1/4 Multi-Tool Carbide tooth plunge cut blade for metal
    T118A 6000 5 pack T shank Jigsaw blades for metal
    RA11257 15000 7 Piece Templet Guide Kit
    CST1 2500 ½” Titanium coated counter sink

Will

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I received my box of redemption items, my first redeem with BeThePro, so they are small but useful:

Great stuff! Congrats on your first BTP box!

A Working Pro since 2004

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Congrats on your first box! Really good that Bosch provides us with such nice stuff!

congrats , nice accessories to redeem for ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I received my box of redemption items, my first redeem with BeThePro

Always nice to get that first box. Congrats on your order.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘V-11 I GOT A BOX’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.073 seconds