dcsimg

V-10.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,012 total)
  • Author
    SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

Got the Bosch orbital 5 inch sander today. Had to walk out with a sander, and this one ended up being it. $59, down 10 from the regular price of $69. Hope it holds up.

Have you tried it yet? How’s it for vibration?

I used it quite a bit today. It doesn’t seem a whole lot different than my 15 year old Porter Cable was. It does have a variable speed dial, which has me puzzled. Never felt the need to sand slower.

Good luck with that thing….IMO, it’s a dud. The sander itself is good enough, but the hook and loop pad is crap. They are Not flat, so the discs don’t wear well.

what sander would you reccomend then? I’m in the market for a RO sander, but I don’t know anything about them. I don’t mind spending a little more for a good tool, but I don’t do a huge amount of woodwork (just enough to want a better sander)

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Got the Bosch orbital 5 inch sander today. Had to walk out with a sander, and this one ended up being it. $59, down 10 from the regular price of $69. Hope it holds up.

Have you tried it yet? How’s it for vibration?

I used it quite a bit today. It doesn’t seem a whole lot different than my 15 year old Porter Cable was. It does have a variable speed dial, which has me puzzled. Never felt the need to sand slower.

Good luck with that thing….IMO, it’s a dud. The sander itself is good enough, but the hook and loop pad is crap. They are Not flat, so the discs don’t wear well.

what sander would you reccomend then? I’m in the market for a RO sander, but I don’t know anything about them. I don’t mind spending a little more for a good tool, but I don’t do a huge amount of woodwork (just enough to want a better sander)

I replaced the Bosch with a 3.0A Makita and I’ve been very happy with it. No pad issues and thee is a noticeable power increase.

I believe it was $70-80.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

A couple of this month’s smaller review items arrived today. Klein stuff, which will be put to good use.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

A couple of this months smaller review items arrived today. Klein stuff, which will be put to good use.

Those All Purpose Pliers look good, I like the way the wire stripper is built in.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

A couple of this months smaller review items arrived today. Klein stuff, which will be put to good use.

Those All Purpose Pliers look good, I like the way the wire stripper is built in.

I saw a few of them like that for sale at lowes but not klein unfortunately or I would’ve snapped them up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another item just arrived, this electrician’s pouch. It’s like Christmas! 🙂

I saw a few of them like that for sale at lowes but not klein unfortunately or I would’ve snapped them up.

I’m assuming that they were Southwire brand. Made in China, at probably roughly the same price as the US-made Kleins, or close to – no thanks.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

@sparky603 congrats on the new stuff. That tool pouch looks awesome, I have been looking for something like that and I think I might order one.

Might have to order a new Fein MM. Our old 250 that we moved the the truck when we got our new 350 for the van is acting up. I read somewhere the speed swicth goes bad. So today I opened it up and bypassed the swicth….boy did it run really fast…and loud…and hot…lol!

If I can’t get a new switch it will be time to replace it.

Ever thought of getting a Supercut or Vecturo instead Andrew? I’ve always kinda wanted one, but just never pulled the trigger. I do have two MMs though. An old allen key style and the newer clasp on type.

@Doobie
    no I haven’t. I like that the MM uses Bosch blades without an adapter. The Supercut and Vecturo require an adapter and that is one more thing to lose or not work…that and they are way more expensive! The MM has done everything we need. I really like the newer 350…much jmproved over the 250.

Nice bag @Sparky603 ! Those ToughBuilt items are pretty decent.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Might have to order a new Fein MM. Our old 250 that we moved the the truck when we got our new 350 for the van is acting up. I read somewhere the speed swicth goes bad. So today I opened it up and bypassed the swicth….boy did it run really fast…and loud…and hot…lol!

If I can’t get a new switch it will be time to replace it.

Ever thought of getting a Supercut or Vecturo instead Andrew? I’ve always kinda wanted one, but just never pulled the trigger. I do have two MMs though. An old allen key style and the newer clasp on type.

@Doobie no I haven’t. I like that the MM uses Bosch blades without an adapter. The Supercut and Vecturo require an adapter and that is one more thing to lose or not work…that and they are way more expensive! The MM has done everything we need. I really like the newer 350…much jmproved over the 250.

Nice bag @Sparky603 ! Those ToughBuilt items are pretty decent.

Sounds a bit like me. The MM does everything I really have ever needed and the issue with either using an adapter to use existing stock of blades or having to buy the larger Supercut ones at a higher price.

But I have heard many who do get the SC claim there is no comparison. The MM is nowhere near as powerful and quick as the SC. Tempting if I see one at a good price, I could see myself impulse buying it in a heartbeat.

Yeah I would try one if the price was right, but it woukd have to really impress me. I do like the plunge attachment the Vecturo has…

Andrew

Needed some blades and a new jigsaw for one of the trailers. I have a barrel grip I keep for myself but a cheaper one is better for the trailer. Blades were on sale for a about 25% off The best price I could find.

Got to stock up and save when blades are on sale .

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the comments, guys!

@sparky603 congrats on the new stuff. That tool pouch looks awesome, I have been looking for something like that and I think I might order one.

Thanks, @jstare. I’m pretty partial to leather, but it seems pretty nice for something under $35. I like that though it’s nylon or whatever, most of the pockets have something inserted so that they keep their form. I’ll put a little use on it and then let you know what I think.

Our new Rubi mixer, Razor tile blade, and RLS pliers and clips shower up today!

Andrew

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice stuff, OA! That mixer looks pretty cool. Hadn’t seen one before.

Nice stuff, OA! That mixer looks pretty cool. Hadn’t seen one before.

Thanks @Sparky603 ! It is a Rubi thinset mixer. It is very comfortable to handle with two hands. I will be trying it out tomorrow. It has soft start and variable speed controls right by your thumb. I hope it eliminates that gush of water you get starting up a paddle mixer in a regular drill.

Andrew

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like that the MM uses Bosch blades without an adapter.

I like that too, my JobMax uses the good Bosch blades with no adapter.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It does have a variable speed dial, which has me puzzled. Never felt the need to sand slower.

I love the 3 speed button on my Makita and use it all the time.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

that is a sweet mixer, I should’ve just bought one when I started this porch project. With all the times i’ve rented it, i could’ve bought one new lol.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

that is a sweet mixer, I should’ve just bought one when I started this porch project. With all the times i’ve rented it, i could’ve bought one new lol.

Yeah, in hindsight I would agree. Also too bad I moved to another site where the foreman is an ass and makes borrowing tools seems so difficult (even though the Owner and PM has no issue whatsoever) and now being on the glass and sealant building don’t really have any tools to borrow there.

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Our new Rubi mixer, Razor tile blade, and RLS pliers and clips shower up today!

Nice mixer, haven’t heard of the Rubi name before.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,012 total)
  • The topic ‘V-10.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.905 seconds