dcsimg

USERNAMES The Straight Dope!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 256 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

USERNAMES The Straight Dope where it come from, how’d you pick it? I see some funky usernames. Lets hear it!

Who the heck is this DirtyWhiteBoy guy? DWB! (I’m diein’ to ask you about the name, but I’ll digress! )

OK here it comes— Out on the ewa plane on Oahu I- DWB and my parnter Tim were the new guys back in 2003 on the Gentry homes after about one month there they gave me two men and sent me down the road stacking trusses
    ,. The company was pumping out 2.5 houses a day, well Tim and I were the like the only white guys out there and this little guy 5’2″ or 3″ Hal you know the funny guy always had something funny to say but not to bright
    and he was like black but not African type
    he was Filipino some of them get very black in the sun
    anyway he coined us the Dirty White Boys and it has stuck Our little friend Hal had a hard time and took a shot of hot lead
    and is in a state of eternal rest RIP Hal I can here his voice every time I hit my nail puller, he always had something to shout out from the next or 2 over roof……….Well now you know.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Mine is just what it says…I am a Tool Junkie and since I am a dude, thought I would add the Mr to it. Nothing fancy about it. You have a story to go with yours and it is cool to honor your friend’s memory.

Orange County, CA

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I didn’t pick a nick, I just used my business name when I signed up here. Only place I’ve ever used it as a nic. Guess I didn’t think it though enough when I signed up, otherwise I would have used Trailsnail. I normally go by the nic Trailsnail. Was big into anything outdoors and off the beaten path. It always seemed to fit, even if I wasn’t the snail.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

The last place I lived was called Cranbrook , that name was taken along with cranbrook 1 so I went with Cranbrook 2 ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

When did this happen? I got on this morning and the first one I saw was JohnL’s avatar with a weird name, I thought we got a new member and he stole JohnL avatar. Wow, This will take some getting used to but I like it..

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I just use my name. Weird, I know

When did this happen? I got on this morning and the first one I saw was JohnLโ€™s avatar with a weird name, I thought we got a new member and he stole JohnL avatar. Wow, This will take some getting used to but I like it..

I was secretly hoping your Dabbs was somehow related to the Dobby from Lord of the Rings, but I knew it was a bit of a stretch… ๐Ÿ™‚

Mine is simply a play on my last name with โ€œmeisterโ€ added to it… It was something other guys gave me in high school/college – probably just because it sounded cool. Though it is pretty neat what meister actually means if they intended that at all with regards to my nickname:
    Meister means master in German (as in master craftsman, or as an honorific title such as Meister Eckhart). The word is akin to maestro. In sports, Meister is used for the current national, European or world champion.

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I drink white russians and some people think that I am pretty laid back, man. The 306 is my area code.

It’s been with me for years

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Unfortunately my nicknames all break the forum rules, so I had to go by Matt ๐Ÿ™‚

I work in Information Technology by day and wood by night and weekends. Thus the IT_Woodguy was born

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Well, I live in Milwaukee (MKE) and I spend some time working in electrical (Voltage). If I had known it would become my name on here I would have been more creative.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I drink white russians and some people think that I am pretty laid back, man. The 306 is my area code.

It’s been with me for years

The dude abides….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Well, I live in Milwaukee (MKE) and I spend some time working in electrical (Voltage). If I had known it would become my name on here I would have been more creative.

Mke Voltage sounds pretty cool ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, many of you remember me as framerman. I had a guy on my crew one day, he was just horsing around saying “Kent-man” like “bat man” and it just morphed into framerman. That was a long time ago.

One of the builders I work for, we were working on a project and he had the class clown of the construction industry working for him. It would be like Jim Carey on the job, 24/7. He never stopped. Somehow he got onto calling me K-Dawg and ever since, my builder friend, that is how he addresses me.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I like jason, would have been more creative if I had know it was going to show up here…wonder if I can change it?

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

SamM
    Pro

My first name is sam….and my last name starts with m….

I don’t know where these bursts of creativity come from

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Mke Voltage sounds pretty cool :-)

Thanks John, I guess it could be much worse.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Well it’s simple. I live in NJ and build homes do other things. It just makes sense.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I chose my user name because I live in the desert and I LOVE to play poker. I chose to use ‘deuces’ rather than the typical ‘aces’ because I’m just a plain ole person. Just plain Pat is just plain deuces regarding poker playing, LOL.

Pat

Pat, I thought Deuces were often wild. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 256 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.807 seconds