dcsimg

Used books

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Thanks for sharing, I’ll be sure to check them out and see if there are any books I’d like!

Your welcome. I enjoy my books.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well I add a few more books to my library. I picked up Woodworking Projects For Your Shop book. There is a bunch a projects in this book which will help help me sort my organizing problem. I purchase this book used and I also bought Build it with Dad book. It looks like a great book. Look forward to build some projects from these books.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Well I add a few more books to my library. I picked up Woodworking Projects For Your Shop book. There is a bunch a projects in this book which will help help me sort my organizing problem. I purchase this book used and I also bought Build it with Dad book. It looks like a great book. Look forward to build some projects from these books.

Good finds, Greg. When I hear of a book I am interested in, I go right to Abebooks or Bookfinder to search. There have been some exceptional deals there for me.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

most of the books i buy are from amazon.ca. occasionally different sellers on amazon offer up used books.. i bought a used copy of gary katz guide to trim a couple years ago..

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Good finds, Greg. When I hear of a book I am interested in, I go right to Abebooks or Bookfinder to search. There have been some exceptional deals there for me.

Thanks Peter. I will have try options you use. I have never tried them before.

most of the books i buy are from amazon.ca. occasionally different sellers on amazon offer up used books.. i bought a used copy of gary katz guide to trim a couple years ago..

The last 2 books I bought were used off Amazon. They were used. I have bought books from ThriftBooks.com. They have a good selection of used books.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING

I ordered this used Green Woodworking book on Amazon. I picked up in the mail yesterday. I looked threw it a little and looks like has some interesting stuff in it. I am happy with purchase.

Greg

Attachments:
    Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING

I ordered this used Green Woodworking book on Amazon. I picked up in the mail yesterday. I looked threw it a little and looks like has some interesting stuff in it. I am happy with purchase.

Is it a book about being environmentally friendly in woodworking, or about working with green/wet wood in woodworking.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING

Is it a book about being environmentally friendly in woodworking, or

Kevin it is a book about working with green/wet wood in woodworking. From what have saw by just looking threw talks about tool used with Green Woodworking.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING

Kevin it is a book about working with green/wet wood in woodworking. From what have saw by just looking threw talks about tool used with Green Woodworking.

Good find, Greg. Looking forward to seeing some green wood projects.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING

Good find, Greg. Looking forward to seeing some green wood projects.

Thanks it was a good find and a good price. You just might see some green woodworking projects.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING

I have been looking threw this book. It doesn’t have any plans for projects. I need start reading it. Still looks like a good book.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Old Thread warning!!

I ordered this used book Rodale’s Illustrated Cabinetmaking. It shows you how design and construct furniture that works.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Old Thread Warning

I heard alot about the book Measure Twice Cut Once Book By Jim Tolpin. So I thought I should get and see what it is all about.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Old Thread Warning

I bought a used book on Making signs. I wanted try carving a sign. This covers alot different ways of making signs.

Greg

Doobie

Old Thread Warning

I bought a used book on Making signs. I wanted try carving a sign. This covers alot different ways of making signs.

Tried carving years ago. I stunk at it myself.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s too bad. What type of carving did you try?

Greg

Doobie

It was a fairly simply sign. It turned out awful.

One day I’ll get a CNC and I’ll do my sign making all I want. Which I can’t see as being a ton anyways.

What kind of signs are you looking to make? Do you have the carving tools yet?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:
    Doobie wrote:

It was a fairly simply sign. It turned out awful.

One day I’ll get a CNC and I’ll do my sign making all I want. Which I can’t see as being a ton anyways.

What kind of signs are you looking to make? Do you have the carving tools yet?

That is too bad your sign turned out awful. CNC is a good way of making signs.

I was planning making a sign with our name on it. Maybe a few others for gifts if I get good at. I do have a few carving tools I got for spoon carving. I would like to get a couple more.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

A used book order awhile ago arrived the other day. It it is a older book. Has alot information in it. I am sure it will come in very handy.

Greg

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

A used book order awhile ago arrived the other day. It it is a older book. Has alot information in it. I am sure it will come in very handy.

I had another used book arrived from this order. This is another book on sign carving.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.373 seconds