dcsimg

Used books

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I received my 3rd shipment of used from ThriftBooks.com. I bought 4 books for basically the price of buying one new. Including shipping & exchange. The books are great condition. Now just need start reading.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

What type of construction or woodworking books are they .

Always willing to learn .

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The books I got are: Weekend Refinisher, 101 Quick & Easy Woodworking Projects, Making Birdhouses & Feeders, Wood Finishing: How to Select and Apply the Right Finish.

Greg

The books I got are: Weekend Refinisher, 101 Quick & Easy Woodworking Projects, Making Birdhouses & Feeders, Wood Finishing: How to Select and Apply the Right Finish.

From what the titles say . They should be good learning guides . Specially for finishing help .

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Can’t go wrong with good woodworking books.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

From what the titles say . They should be good learning guides . Specially for finishing help .

Yes thats what I was thinking they would be great learning guides. I got 101 Quick & Easy Woodworking Projects, Making Birdhouses & Feeders, to find some projects that I get my girls to help me with.

Can’t go wrong with good woodworking books.

You are right you can’t go wrong with good woodworking books. The price even makes it better.

Greg

Doobie

We have a second hand bookstore nearby that I’ve found quite a few books at of which some of them are real gems. No book is over $2. Think I’ve bought maybe 30 books off them in the last few years. All how-to books. Because they are so cheap, some I’ve bought just for inspiration/pics.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We have a second hand bookstore nearby that I’ve found quite a few books at of which some of them are real gems. No book is over $2. Think I’ve bought maybe 30 books off them in the last few years. All how-to books. Because they are so cheap, some I’ve bought just for inspiration/pics.

Wow. That’s great having a used book store that close. You can’t beat the price and get 30 books.

I too have used book near by. But I believe I have only bought 2 books in about 3 times I have been in the place.

Greg

Doobie

Wow. That’s great having a used book store that close. You can’t beat the price and get 30 books.

I too have used book near by. But I believe I have only bought 2 books in about 3 times I have been in the place.

I’m amazed at what they have frankly. Tons of trash/entry level stuff, but maybe because I live in a neighborhood that has generally older farts, they tend to donate their good books when they downsize.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I received my 3rd shipment of used from ThriftBooks.com. I bought 4 books for basically the price of buying one new. Including shipping & exchange. The books are great condition. Now just need start reading.

Greg,
    I just did a bit of browsing on their site. I see that they are US based.
    What method do they use to ship and is worth the shipping costs?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow that is great site, Thank you for sharing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Greg,
    I just did a bit of browsing on their site. I see that they are US based.
    What method do they use to ship and is worth the shipping costs?

Yes there are US based. My books came to me by Canada Post. Shipping for my order was $11.96 US. I ordered 4 books shipped in 3 different orders. I would say yes it worth it.

Greg

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Yeah they work with Amazon a lot too. I buy a lot of used books on Amazon for $0.01, which with $3.99 shipping is pretty good for the selection that Amazon affords you. I’ve gotten a bunch of books from them, and been very happy with the product. Good for hard-to-find or out-of-print books too.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Buying second hand books there’s nothing wrong with that. We only need the education inside.doesn’t matter where we get it from. You can find any book online these days.Internet really take a turn for good if you wanna use it for good cause

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have found a loty of woodworking books and how to books at the outlet mall bookstores. lots of times they are only 3 or 4 bucks.

Thanks, just found several books that will probably be ordered after sled hockey today

I never thought of a used bookstore – dumb on my part. Time to go check one out here in town and go online. Thanks for the post.

Buying second hand books there’s nothing wrong with that. We only need the education inside.doesn’t matter where we get it from. You can find any book online these days.Internet really take a turn for good if you wanna use it for good cause

The Internet / computers really killed the paper Industry . A lot of people lost there jobs from the logger down the line .

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I never thought of a used bookstore – dumb on my part. Time to go check one out here in town and go online. Thanks for the post.

I find I never think of them and your welcome.

Thanks, just found several books that will probably be ordered after sled hockey today

Your welcome good luck with your purchase.

Greg

gotwoodworkshop
    Pro
    Spring Hill, KS

Thanks for sharing, I’ll be sure to check them out and see if there are any books I’d like!

Matt
    Got Wood Workshop

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.415 seconds