dcsimg

Updated rewards list

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Ok btp going away and email says to spend the points.

Going through the rewards list many items no longer available. Can we get a list of what is and is not available

@crotalusco, There is no list other than going through the rewards on here on the site. Click on the link to the item and if nothing shows it will not be available. Other items may not be available also.

Going through the rewards list many items no longer available. Can we get a list of what is and is not available

That would have been great , but some of the members have been asking for it for awhile now ,
    Guess you just gotta keep trying to find something available.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Like Brian said people have asked for updated Rewards list with no luck. It has and will make picking a tool not a easy job.

Hopefully someone will reply quicker if the tools are not available.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I think the next update list is October 1 2021 and it says NONE or PROGRAM DISCONTINUED lol.

How does it work now? If you see a pic on the Bosch website from the list it is available? I suppose it isn’t a big deal if it does not work.

Orange County, CA

I think the next update list is October 1 2021 and it says NONE or PROGRAM DISCONTINUED lol.

LoL 🤣 , you have a good sense of humor Sami

I say you nailed that one. LOL Sorry to see the program go but it is quite understandable.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

If you see a pic on the Bosch website from the list it is available? I suppose it isn’t a big deal if it does not work.

It seems that way. If the tools is still on the list. The picture comes on when you click the link. It has worked that way for me. I have only put in one request this year.

Greg

Doobie

Keep in mind that some of the links are so old that you MAY still be able to get that tool, but it is a newer model of it.

I know the 4100 TS was upgraded, but the old link stopped working a few years ago. I asked for it, and got the newer model. It went from the 4100-09 to the 4100-10 about 2 years ago. The only change between the two if I recall was that the gravity rise stand had some minor changes, one of them the weight. Similar weight tweak happened to the T4B miter saw stand also.

Same went for one or both of the of the vacs if I recall correctly. They have the old non-Hepa vac links in the prize list and all of them now are Hepa vacs.

While most items that are truly discontinued outright that are still on the prize list will NOT be redeemed, some will be honoured if it is simply a newer model being offered with minor tweaks to the newer model and they simply never updated the link to the newer model since Jim left 2 and half years ago and gives you a PRODUCT NOT FOUND message on the Bosch NA Tools Site.

Don’t hold me to this. But it’s been my experience with a handful of redemption requests since Jim left. Hope you get similar results in certain scenarios. I do not get any preferential treatment from Bosch. I’m in the same boat as you guys when it comes to redemptions.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Keep in mind that some of the links are so old that you MAY still be able to get that tool, but it is a newer model of it.

I know the 4100 TS was upgraded, but the old link stopped working a few years ago. I asked for it, and got the newer model. It went from the 4100-09 to the 4100-10 about 2 years ago. The only change between the two if I recall was that the gravity rise stand had some minor changes, one of them the weight. Similar weight tweak happened to the T4B miter saw stand also.

Same went for one or both of the of the vacs if I recall correctly. They have the old non-Hepa vac links in the prize list and all of them now are Hepa vacs.

While most items that are truly discontinued outright that are still on the prize list will NOT be redeemed, some will be honoured if it is simply a newer model being offered with minor tweaks to the newer model and they simply never updated the link to the newer model since Jim left 2 and half years ago and gives you a PRODUCT NOT FOUND message on the Bosch NA Tools Site.

Thanks for point this out Kevin. I guess you never know till you try.

Greg

Doobie

I agree!

Sami has a sense that is unlike most. Smart & Sharp contributor too!

I hope that once the points system is gone contributors and valued forumites like Sami still post.

Call me a dinosaur, but I’m just not into the IG and Twitter FB stuff. I like this kind of forum. I plan to keep on posting myself. Hope others think likewise also.

I agree!

I hope that once the points system is gone contributors and valued forumites like Sami still post.

Call me a dinosaur, but I’m just not into the IG and Twitter FB stuff. I like this kind of forum. I plan to keep on posting myself. Hope others think likewise also.

I too like forums better than other platforms. I am proudly a dinosaur!

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

General rule of thumb if the link is broken the tool is not available, only corded tools and expendables are still available

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I agree!

yup , I agree with you , great guy , hope we still stay in touch on BTP

Don’t hold me to this. But it’s been my experience with a handful of redemption requests since Jim left. Hope you get similar results in certain scenarios. I do not get any preferential treatment from Bosch. I’m in the same boat as you guys when it comes to redemptions.

I actually had the exact same experience as you did , and both those exact items , was really happy to have been able to have redeemed for them

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am use the platforms you mention. I do prefer forums over the platforms you mentioned. They really are not the same. I plan on posting as long as I can.

Greg

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I am use the platforms you mention. I do prefer forums over the platforms you mentioned. They really are not the same. I plan on posting as long as I can.

don’t get me wrong i like ig,twitter social media stuff but to share information, it just doesn’t beat forums.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

In my opinion they are for different things.

A forum such as this, is must more effective for discussions, back and forth, sharing of ideas, get input and build on the knowledge and experiences of others.

While IG, FB and other social media is more to announce, share and publish something then see the kind of reactions, comments, likes you get as a result. Social Media is more “personalized” so it becomes a vehicle for someone to gain followers and subscribers and allow monetization.

For a true discussion nothing beats a forum like this, especially for someone looking for help. Can you imagine someone going on IG and say “My toilet is backing up what do I do?” you are going to get nothing helpful but may be 200 throw up emoticons.

The downside of these discussions is that they are all one off. It’s close to impossible to group, categorize them in a way that will help others in the future. Often times when someone tries to search a forum to see if a certain topic was previously discussed it’s a hit and miss.

I personally like discussion forums for the exchange of ideas and experiences.

Doobie

The downside of these discussions is that they are all one off. It’s close to impossible to group, categorize them in a way that will help others in the future. Often times when someone tries to search a forum to see if a certain topic was previously discussed it’s a hit and miss.

TAGS semi-solve that problem on some forums for those who bother to ‘tag’ a thread with a certain subject matter. Thing is, there is no such tool here, and even on forums that do have them, most folks don’t bother to execute a “tag’ to their posts or threads.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.282 seconds