dcsimg

Un-boxing a what?

This topic contains 109 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 110 total)
  • Author

Doobie

Noticed the Blaklader UK Gardener’s kilt also.

https://www.blaklader.uk/en/product/14741835-garden-kilt#11289

I spoke to the fellow at Blaklader Canada the other day to ask if the black kilt they offer here in Canada is at risk of being delisted and he said it sells well. But I did ask if there was a tartan kilt they made. He did not know, but I know that would sell even better. Ask any Scot! Although some may now want certain tartan colours, I still think it would fly off the shelves.

What do you think Mervyn @journeyman?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I spoke to the fellow at Blaklader Canada the other day to ask if the black kilt they offer here in Canada is at risk of being delisted and he said it sells well. But I did ask if there was a tartan kilt they made. He did not know, but I know that would sell even better. Ask any Scot! Although some may now want certain tartan colours, I still think it would fly off the shelves.

Are you contemplating getting one as well Kevin?

Doobie

Are you contemplating getting one as well Kevin?

I gotta say, I am. Hot summer days…makes a lot of sense. I don’t give a rats arse what my persnickety neighbors see me wear and I’ve got some distant Scottish heritage somewhat. I’ve always had close Scottish friends I’ve had as buds all my life. I could never get into Haggis though. 😉

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Ya i would prefer that to the one available to us

I like that one also.

JM you do a he11 of a job rocking the kilt I will now have to get one. I would be good for that fungus we get here in the subtropics.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Maybe I will get a kilt. With my legs the neighbors will pay me good money to get back in pants

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

lol a couple buddies have tried it on in store but cant bite teh bullet and pay 180 for a tool kilt

the tartan print would be a awesome idea.. that way it will look more like a kilt from a distance as opposed to those extra baggy shorts that ravers and goths wear

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

JM you do a he11 of a job rocking the kilt I will now have to get one. I would be good for that fungus we get here in the subtropics.

With the heat we have had down here the past week or so I could go for a little extra ventilation.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

lol a couple buddies have tried it on in store but cant bite teh bullet and pay 180 for a tool kilt

the tartan print would be a awesome idea.. that way it will look more like a kilt from a distance as opposed to those extra baggy shorts that ravers and goths wear /blockquote>

What a pity they missed out the freedom you get is awesome … I don’t think the tartan idea would be good if they make it as long as the cotton was as tough as Blaklader make them.

Ya i would prefer that to the one available to us

I like that one also.

lol @ your subtropics … so thats what you call you meat and two veg down there?

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

Doobie

Maybe I will get a kilt. With my legs the neighbors will pay me good money to get back in pants

I might get the opposite and have a fan club. My wife said that one of the things that attracted her to me when we first met was my muscular legs. But that was back in my hiking days. There not near as in shape like they used to be. 🙁

I might get the opposite and have a fan club. My wife said that one of the things that attracted her to me when we first met was my muscular legs. But that was back in my hiking days. There not near as in shape like they used to be. 🙁

Mine have seen better days too when I played a lot of tennis and five-a-side football. you know … with the round ball.

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

Doobie

Mine have seen better days too when I played a lot of tennis and five-a-side football. you know … with the round ball.

I played a lot of tennis too years ago. I was more into the lesser round ball game of Rugby though.

I once heard somebody astutely refer to the two sports in this manner….”Soccer is a gentlemen’s sport, enjoyed by hooligans. Rugby is a hooligan sport, enjoyed by gentlemen”. That just made so much sense to me, I never forgot it.

I played a lot of tennis too years ago. I was more into the lesser round ball game of Rugby though.

I once heard somebody astutely refer to the two sports in this manner….”Soccer is a gentlemen’s sport, enjoyed by hooligans. Rugby is a hooligan sport, enjoyed by gentlemen”. That just made so much sense to me, I never forgot it.

I have heard that many times … no segregation needed at rugby matches, pubs and trains etc shared fans … never any problems. It’s a real tough sport on the pitch but again after the match the players end up having beers together and are best of friends.

Now … you want to see a tough sport … watch shinty or hurling … man thats murder.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

Shinty … a game from the Scottish Highlands … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcRwbuSoGyc

Hurling … very similar to Shinty but from Ireland … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzwzVg7Gmfg … only shin pads used and very little head gear used unless someone has had a previous head injury.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hurling …

Is also a game played in the southeastern US after consuming large quantities of beer in the hot sun.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Hurling …

Is also a game played in the southeastern US after consuming large quantities of beer in the hot sun.

Bill that’s one game I never have enjoyed playing. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Hurling …

No one enjoys that … especially a Scotsman …. we paid a good penny for that beer only to pebble dash it on to a wall … sacrilege!!!

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

Doobie

Now … you want to see a tough sport … watch shinty or hurling … man thats murder.

Never seen it up close. I’m actually amazed I’ve never been to a Highland games. I have so many Scottish friends over the years and many either compete, judge or play at them regularly.

One of my old friends and good buds plays the bagpipes like Frank Zappa. Just wails on them. He marathon runs to keep his lungs up to par and while he’s getting older, he’s won many competitions. He has piped in the last two Toronto Chiefs of Police. He’s quite the bagpiper.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hurling …

TAMCG it’s even played out here but I haven’t played it in a really long time.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Never seen it up close. I’m actually amazed I’ve never been to a Highland games. I have so many Scottish friends over the years and many either compete, judge or play at them regularly.

One of my old friends and good buds plays the bagpipes like Frank Zappa. Just wails on them. He marathon runs to keep his lungs up to par and while he’s getting older, he’s won many competitions. He has piped in the last two Toronto Chiefs of Police. He’s quite the bagpiper.

Shinty or Hurling is like field hockey’s version of mixed martial arts (MMA).

Now a bagpiper playing Frank Zappa … thats a must see. Zappa was often over looked but his playing skills (guitar) were second to none.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

we paid a good penny for that beer only to pebble dash it on to a wall … sacrilege!!!

You know what they say you never really buy beer you just rent it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.557 seconds