dcsimg

Un-boxing a what?

This topic contains 109 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • Author

No … now what I really need from Blaklader is a kilt belt buckle … I see they do a belt

I just bought the two types they sell in Canada. I like them so far. They’re stretchy belts.

Do you have photos of those Kevin?

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

Doobie

No … now what I really need from Blaklader is a kilt belt buckle … I see they do a belt

I just bought the two types they sell in Canada. I like them so far. They’re stretchy belts.

Yep! Here ya go. 😊

Yep! Here ya go. 😊

Thanks … loving the shamrock suspenders too (braces in Scotland)

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

There you go fellas … one kilt at work … my buddy Kevin was just a little surprised when I showed up this morning.

Way to go journeyman. This has definitely got to be a first for BTP.

Actually it’s not. We had a member Brutus that rocked a kilt from time to time.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

There you go fellas … one kilt at work … my buddy Kevin was just a little surprised when I showed up this morning.

But is it a Blaklader and from Be The Pro?

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

Doobie

I got them as a door prize during a St Patrick’s day at the local pub quite a few years ago, but didn’t start using them til I got my first Blakladers about 3 years ago. It was actually somebody else who won them and they didn’t want them and gave them too me.

They have served their purpose well for me so far, but I have been looking for something better and I also need a second set of them anyways.

I bought the LV ones this week, but I’m still undecided on them and might return them. I just don’t really care for the imprinted woodworking Veritas images on the straps. I wear suspenders only with my Blakladers – along with a belt also – while doing reno work and never in the shop and having images of planes and woodworking such stuff just doesn’t suit the task where I’d be using them. Just doesn’t seem right for some reason.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=73474&cat=1,71260

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I thought the stretchy belt is only available in Canada and can be gotten off the list by the Canadian members?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I got them as a door prize during a St Patrick’s day at the local pub quite a few years ago, but didn’t start using them til I got my first Blakladers about 3 years ago. It was actually somebody else who won them and they didn’t want them and gave them too me.

They have served their purpose well for me so far, but I have been looking for something better and I also need a second set of them anyways.

I bought the LV ones this week, but I’m still undecided on them and might return them. I just don’t really care for the imprinted woodworking Veritas images on the straps. I wear suspenders only with my Blakladers – along with a belt also – while doing reno work and never in the shop and having images of planes and woodworking such stuff just doesn’t suit the task where I’d be using them. Just doesn’t seem right for some reason.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=73474&cat=1,71260

Yeah those are a little twee for me too … I like my measure tape suspenders.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Good looking kilt you got on there JourneyMan.
    that kilt has a bunch of pockets

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I thought the stretchy belt is only available in Canada and can be gotten off the list by the Canadian members?

I wasn’t aware of that. I just bought two of the Blakladers. Would have been nice to redeem for them instead. Can anybody confirm this?

I like my measure tape suspenders.

Where did you get those? I’d wear that.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

But is it a Blaklader and from Be The Pro?

Heck I don’t know. You would have to ask him.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

lol does the kilt have the knee pads or would that make it look weird.

wow, you went there?

If the years experience don’t count the men that made history in them should. You have definitly brought some life to the place with all your threads

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@journeyman Those are some awesome pics of the Blaklader Kilt! Thanks for sharing

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I wasn’t aware of that. I just bought two of the Blakladers. Would have been nice to redeem for them instead. Can anybody confirm this?

i’d want the belt, if it is redeemable i may have to get a pair.

edit: sent an email off to jim and lets see what he says.

i’d want the belt, if it is redeemable i may have to get a pair.

edit: sent an email off to jim and lets see what he says.

Let me know what he says please

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

Doobie

What about those yellow tape measure suspenders @journeyman? Where can I get those? They decent quality?

Amazon … https://www.amazon.ca/Bucket-Boss-61100-Liars-Suspenders/dp/B00004T82R

Amazon … https://www.amazon.ca/Task-Tools-T77419-Tradespersons-Suspenders/dp/B00A479OO2

Your local Home hardware … http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Tools/Hand-Tools/Workshop-Org/Tool-Belts-Acc/Pouches-Suspenders/Work-Apron-Suspenders/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I1075632?Ntt=suspenders

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Noticed the Blaklader UK Gardener’s kilt also.

https://www.blaklader.uk/en/product/14741835-garden-kilt#11289

A Working Pro since 2004

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Noticed the Blaklader UK Gardener’s kilt also.

https://www.blaklader.uk/en/product/14741835-garden-kilt#11289

Ya i would prefer that to the one available to us

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.467 seconds