dcsimg

Un-boxing a what?

This topic contains 109 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Author

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Congrats on the kilt Mervyn, looks to be useful with all the pockets.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

this is awesome!!!! okay you gotta get a picture of yourself on the job lol

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Congrats on your first box.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Congrats Merv. I just knew you would find it worth your while to come here. It’s paying off already.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Wow – congrats, I’d think it takes some serious guts to wear the work kilt – more power to you!

Will

Doobie

The comments here have been priceless but the one that takes the biscuit has to be from

Finally! And not surprisingly, it took a Scotsman to finally redeem for the kilt.

Merv, you do a glowing review, without showing us your haggis under the kilt, I’ll go get one myself!

Be very careful what you wish for my good friend … watch this space. As for haggis I will keep those critters well hidden on the jobsite and the review.

Thanks Merv! I thought you’d get a chuckle out of that one. 😊

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Hahaha classic. I like the stitching, but shouldn’t it be out of tartan?

Doobie

You’re right! But more importantly, does it have a bagpipe belt loop holder? 😂

It came from the Canadian store so a Timmie’s cup holder only.

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

I won’t lie, I kinda want one.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

But isn’t Timmies American? Maybe Molson Canadian… no, wait, that’s American, too.

Is there anything left that is still Canadian?

But isn’t Timmies American? Maybe Molson Canadian… no, wait, that’s American, too.

Is there anything left that is still Canadian?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hortons

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

There you go fellas … one kilt at work … my buddy Kevin was just a little surprised when I showed up this morning.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

I always wonderer if the kilt was an option.

Wouldn’t want to be down below in that last pic though..

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Nice I have been tempted but I would no be allowed to wear it on site. Long pants only

Doobie

I happen to see this vehicle parked tonite going to my son’s baseball game and thought of this thread of course. 😎

PerfectStud
    Pro
    Coralville, IA

Way to rock the kilt journeyman

Wish I would could have been at the table when they came up with the business plan for that:)

Doobie

I won’t lie, I kinda want one.

I kinda do too. And it’s not like I’ve ever had a penchant to get in mommy’s clothing. It’s just different, but at the same time, on a hot summer day, they seem practical. I’ve had a lot of Scottish influences in my life surround me since childhood even though it is not my direct heritage.

Kilts are fun to laugh at, but I actually don’t get phased by them. I’ve hung out with guys in kilts plenty AND enjoy a good bagpipe player. One of my closest buds plays the bagpipes like Frank Zappa plays a good guitar solo.

I’m lucky. I work alone and really only on my own stuff on my property. I frankly don’t give a ‘rats bottom’ what the neighbors think if they see me in a work kilt. I’m sure they’ll talk, but that’s their hobby….talking about others. My hobby is doing/building stuff! Not wasting my time with mindless and useless chatter about others. The ‘Jones’s’ I ain’t!

Still have to ponder whether I should order a pair though.

I picked a bad summers day to wear it to be honest, I showed up to work as you see me in the photo above … a tee shirt, kilt and boots (yes I had jockey’s on under despite being tempted not to. We had to work on a deck in Auburn, Ontario where it rained most of the morning, you know that drizzle or light rain that you don’y think you will get wet in. Plus the temp had dropped from the low 20’s to i’d say around 10 or 11. My mate Kev showed up in long pants two sweaters and a teeshirt plus his baseball cap. He was even shivering for the first half hour till we got going … I on the other hand was warm through and through.

@doobie … a kilt is a singular item not a pair … unless you were thinking of buying two kilts.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

There you go fellas … one kilt at work … my buddy Kevin was just a little surprised when I showed up this morning.

Way to go @journeyman. This has definitely got to be a first for BTP.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.566 seconds