dcsimg

Un-Boxing A Bosch 1978-8 7'' High Angle Grinder

This topic contains 37 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Skillman 3 years ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Thanks for taking the time to do the unboxing @skillman. I also subscribed to your channel.

I like the vibration control on that Bosch bad boy.

A Working Pro since 2004

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Does it have variable speed?

Clev08
    Pro

Bosch seems to be adding vibration control to a lot of tools lately, did you notice a big improvement with this grinder @skillman?

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@skillman congrats again, and thanks for taking the time to make those videos,

@jzmtl thanks for getting those videos up.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice video! That is a beast of a grinder!! Nice to see a pro get a great tool who will put it to good use!

I agree a tool like that in the hands of a pro can really be tested and used hard and put away wet and see how it holds up. Rotary hammers is a tool that Bosch is know for.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Bosch seems to be adding vibration control to a lot of tools lately, did you notice a big improvement with this grinder @skillman?

Which is a great thing. The old 7 in grinder without it makes your hands hurt after a while of using it.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

just came across your thread. really nice unboxing video @skillman and congrats again on your new grinder. that’s a beast!

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

When ypu get older, especially as an occasional user with certain tools, you really appreciate the anti-vibration.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

When ypu get older, especially as an occasional user with certain tools, you really appreciate the anti-vibration.

True, it helps, but then again so do gloves.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The grinders Vibration control connection is pretty sweet . It really lowers the users work it puts on the body . Cause usually when you turn a grinder on it kicks one direction for starts . Then it kills the muscle grinding for long periods . This option on the 7″ grinder makes it a buy .

The handle spot connection on the left and right is good . But if they made one for the top it would help with surface grinding floors and welds . Like an optional D-handle you can buy after .

One negative I don’t like about the grinder is that the dust collar doesn’t go 360 around the arbor . The set screw on bracket gets in th way hitting the motor unit . So you have just rotate it the other way when you change grinding direction .

I love the trigger handle feature . You have to push forward the trigger to engage the motor to turn on . You can’t just pull the trigger up and it wont turn on as a safety feature . Bosch has it cut into the plastic handle . Check image i posted .

The blade lock button could also be a little smoother . Holding it down and changing blade was a bit awkward . Could just be my units spring .

Always willing to learn .

The grinders Vibration control connection is pretty sweet . It really lowers the users work it puts on the body . Cause usually when you turn a grinder on it kicks one direction for starts . Then it kills the muscle grinding for long periods . This option on the 7″ grinder makes it a buy .

The handle spot connection on the left and right is good . But if they made one for the top it would help with surface grinding floors and welds . Like an optional D-handle you can buy after .

One negative I don’t like about the grinder is that the dust collar doesn’t go 360 around the arbor . The set screw on bracket gets in th way hitting the motor unit . So you have just rotate it the other way when you change grinding direction .

I love the trigger handle feature . You have to push forward the trigger to engage the motor to turn on . You can’t just pull the trigger up and it wont turn on as a safety feature . Bosch has it cut into the plastic handle . Check image i posted .

The blade lock button could also be a little smoother . Holding it down and changing blade was a bit awkward . Could just be my units spring .

Thanks everyone for watching my video . I know it’s not the best . I just used my IPhone .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Skillman excellent insight on the grinder. Thank you for sharing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Skillman excellent insight on the grinder. Thank you for sharing.

No problem I hope I can help others out on the 7″ grinder I received . It’s a great grinder @theamcguy

@jzmtl you the man for getting it posted on here thank you again .

@sorpa it does not .

@utopia78 I glad you enjoyed it i added some more insight .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I saw that Jim posted your video on bethepro’s facebook page.
    A lot of folks gonna see it now 😀
    Looks like you put your new grinder right to use.
    the vibration control on those grinders work pretty good.
    I used a 9″ surface grinder at woc and was amazed that I barely feel anything of the tools vibrations.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I used a 9″ surface grinder at woc and was amazed that I barely feel anything of the tools vibrations.

Yeah I noticed it too this afternoon . I’m famous now lol . Did you think the 9″ surface grinder to be a little big for handling .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Yeah I noticed it too this afternoon . I’m famous now lol . Did you think the 9″ surface grinder to be a little big for handling .

You sure getting there. one day you end up like John with his birdhouses 😛
    the handling was pretty good. no complains at all.
    I used the 1994-6D.
    the Diamond Cup Wheel was a 7″ if I remember correctly with dust extraction.
    the DC worked amazingly good, no dust at all.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Congrats on that Skilman. Nice video by the way.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@skillman,
    Nice heavy duty grinder, I might have to replace my 7″ with a Bosch one, now. LOL
    ThanX for the videos.

Hint: for your next video, hold the phone sideways for full screen video. 😉

Thanks for the video tip . I know zero about video filming . So far I’m really impressed with it @58chev

Nice video! That is a beast of a grinder!! Nice to see a pro get a great tool who will put it to good use!

Thanks man i appreciate that comment .

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.096 seconds