dcsimg

Ultra-light miter saw?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Here’s a cheap and easy to use zero-clearance stick on that LV has just started to carry.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=74047&cat=51&ap=1

(Sorry if it is a bit of a thread steal. Just couldn’t search/find a better place to put it.)

Attachments:
    woodman_412

Here’s a cheap and easy to use zero-clearance stick on that LV has just started to carry.

I noticed those too Kevin, I’m tempted to try them out. The only thing is if you bevel the saw and make a cut you don’t have zero clearance anymore.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

I noticed those too Kevin, I’m tempted to try them out. The only thing is if you bevel the saw and make a cut you don’t have zero clearance anymore.

That is one of the issues of course, but those strips are so cheap. Most other alternatives are a PITA to swap out for when you’re doing a bevel cut.

Kamster
    Pro

(Sorry if it is a bit of a thread steal. Just couldn’t search/find a better place to put it.)

Those PVC strips are from Fastcap. I have been using them on my 12 inch slider and find them to be extremely good. They are stiff but easy to apply. Bevel cuts are an issue as you end up needing to reapply a new strip. I’ve made an effort to do bevel cuts on a table saw now

Doobie

Those PVC strips are from Fastcap. I have been using them on my 12 inch slider and find them to be extremely good. They are stiff but easy to apply. Bevel cuts are an issue as you end up needing to reapply a new strip. I’ve made an effort to do bevel cuts on a table saw now

Interesting that they are from Fastcap. First I know of LV carrying a Fastcap product at LV. Wonder if they will start carrying more. I’d like that for sure. Up til now, their distribution in Canada has been lacking and thru retailers I don’t generally deal thru.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Interesting that they are from Fastcap. First I know of LV carrying a Fastcap product at LV. Wonder if they will start carrying more. I’d like that for sure. Up til now, their distribution in Canada has been lacking and thru retailers I don’t generally deal thru.

they used to carry fastcap items but you know how leevalley is, you never know when they will pick up or drop products. They used to sell the fastcap glubot
    http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=48304&cat=1,110,42967
    However i may stop in today for some bumpers for the cutting boards i used and might pick up a set of these zero clearance if they are in stock .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bevel cuts are an issue as you end up needing to reapply a new strip.

I am sure that is why they are sold in packages of 5. They expect you to replace them after a bevel cut. They are disposable.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Kamster
    Pro

Lee Valley also carries Fastcap measuring tapes

for example these ones:

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=71706&cat=1,43513

are the same as this one

https://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=150&idcategory=0

And I’m pretty sure that the Lee Valley layered foam sheets are the same as the Kaizen foam

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Bosch has a 8 1/2″ mitre saw , it looks pretty light and mobile .

I have this saw and I go up stairs with it on one hand and the baby Bosch table saw in the other. It’s light weight and cuts great. I love the CM8S!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lee Valley also carries Fastcap measuring tapes

for example these ones:

I have both of those tapes and really like them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

And I’m pretty sure that the Lee Valley layered foam sheets are the same as the Kaizen foam

I went into Lee Valley yesterday to get more of that foam for my new l-boxxes and they are completely out of it right across Canada. I was super disappointed since that foam worked really well and was a good price. It was a limited stock item so as far as they know they won’t be getting more.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I went into Lee Valley yesterday to get more of that foam for my new l-boxxes and they are completely out of it right across Canada. I was super disappointed since that foam worked really well and was a good price. It was a limited stock item so as far as they know they won’t be getting more.

that sucks, i went into leevalleys on saturday and totally forget to pick up the zero clearance and i did notice they were out of the foam as the last visit they had tons of stock sitting on the floor, i should’ve bought some.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It was a limited stock item so as far as they know they won’t be getting more.

Why is it when there is a good product that works and you return to buy more, it is a limited stock item never to be seen again?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Ever since I got my Makita 7.25 My 12 inch Dewalt has been sitting. Its seldom I need that big of a saw these days.

Its nice, not perfect. There is a light too but shines on 1 side and can be better located. Overall its smooth and easy to move around.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Maybe you could look and see if you can pick up an older model Hitachi. The 8 1/2 inch model (C8FB) is a small lightish weight saw. Even the 10″ (C10FS) is still reasonably portable for a 10″ saw. I list those models specifically simply because I’ve used them. I used the 10″ today actually. Both are no-frills saws that get the job done.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

my local lee valley has them right out on the floor display.. how thick are they. just curious as to if it will kick up the material do to its thickness which can throw off the squareness of a cut

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Kamster
    Pro

Took me a while to find the package of tapes… I hate it when I *think* I remember putting it away in a specific box and it ends up being in another box. Anyways, the thickness of the PVC is about 0.5 mm. I was able to get the top of the tape level with the top of the miter saw table by using the adjust screws in the plastic throat plates

Kamster
    Pro

If you are looking at the 30mm thickness there are a few LV stores in Ontario still showing that they have stock. I just bought four of the 2 x 2 sheets and the Vancouver store still had lots.

You can ask for a store to store transfer if you don’t mind waiting and if you get someone who is willing to do the paperwork

Attachments:
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

It was a limited stock item so as far as they know they won’t be getting more.

Why is it when there is a good product that works and you return to buy more, it is a limited stock item never to be seen again?

I think the whole reasoning behind that was, when they negotiated an amazing price for a great product, they were only able to get this price that one time. They didn’t want to order more at the inflated price.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

My drag around saw is a makita ls1040…
    27 lbs around 2 bills

--Steve

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.350 seconds