dcsimg

Ugly Reason to gut an apartment!

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Palmetto bugs?

Doobie

When I was in Singapore , they had those big ones brown and black the brown ones could fly and the black ones could run faster than most people lol
    They were huge ,

Reminder to self……scratch visiting Singapore off of Bucket List.

When I was in Singapore , they had those big ones brown and black the brown ones could fly and the black ones could run faster than most people lol
    They were huge ,

Reminder to self……scratch visiting Singapore off of Bucket List.

Haha actually it’s a beautiful place. Plenty of interesting places to see and visit.
    And the food was great.

Singapore and New Zealand two of the places I liked the most. Oh yeah and Amsterdam was okay too 😂🤣🤭🤫👍💪

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Palmetto bugs?

I don’t know,, we just call em Roaches,,,,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Palmetto bugs?

Yea,, but they are the same ones you have up there. Here roaches are a part of life, clean or dirty no matter roaches are all over the place. Oh rats too.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Palmetto bugs?

Yea,, but they are the same ones you have up there. Here roaches are a part of life, clean or dirty no matter roaches are all over the place. Oh rats too.

May be they came with Captain Cook?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Palmetto bugs?

May be they came with Captain Cook?

No,, he brought syphilis. I think the Polynesians brought the pigs, goat and roaches or I bet they were already here.

CB
    Spectator

I drove a rental car across a mildly flooded road in HI once, after seeing several other vehicles drive through it and come out on the other side successfully. There was no alternative path around this adhoc stream. My motoring venture through the water went successfully too, and I thought no more of it until the next morning…

That’s when I opened the car doors to find the interior crawling with roaches. Ewwwwww. Half a vacation day cleaning out that car.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

These are the german roaches. I think we finally got a handle on them. I now rarely see one, and the ones I see are moving very slowly. That means the poison is working.

Pat

These are the german roaches. I think we finally got a handle on them. I now rarely see one, and the ones I see are moving very slowly. That means the poison is working.

That’s good news , do you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can get back to work without any danger to you

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

These are the german roaches.

Are those the little ones??

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

yes. those are the ones that are about an inch long.
    the american roaches – the huge ones – don’t bother anything and don’t enter the buildings. I haven’t seen them around in many years.

Pat

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have had German roaches treated due to tenants going on vacation for a week and more, and they opened and dumped ten or so wet cat food cans and placed them on the floor, attracting roaches indoors. I have had to use a bait system to really get rid of them as the eggs you can’t see can still hatch for weeks and months. They are very hard to completely eradicate. Good luck!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

yes. those are the ones that are about an inch long.
    the american roaches – the huge ones – don’t bother anything and don’t enter the buildings. I haven’t seen them around in many years.

Oh the big ones come inside here. We have a fly swatter in the kitchen just for them.. they are very fast.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

It’s been several days and no roaches seen. I’ve been spraying with something that also stops the eggs from hatching.

But I also opened up the walls to get at them. Lots of drywall work.

Now on to the incredibly huge amount of nail holes in every room and closet!

And, the cleaning is a huge job. There’s cooking grease all through the living room walls and ceiling. And the door stops have a coating of dust that looks like felt strips.

I had to replace all of the plumbing fixtures in the tubs. One of the overflow drain covers was broken off. I don’t know how they managed to shear the bolt off flush with the screw hole. I had to use an adapter to screw the new cover on.

But, we’re making good progress. I’ll post some photos as soon as I get a chance to collect them and figure out which ones tell the story best – and show off my handiwork!

Pat

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I don’t know how they managed to shear the bolt off flush with the screw hole. I had to use an adapter to screw the new cover on.

rough sex in the tub, no doubt.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t know how they managed to shear the bolt off flush with the screw hole. I had to use an adapter to screw the new cover on.

My thoughts exactly!

Doobie

My thoughts exactly!

Could just be that when the bolt was originally tightened down they cranked it too much causing a fracture that eventually failed outright over time.

Then again, it could be rough ‘sax’ playing in the shower, lol! 😆

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.325 seconds