dcsimg

Twitter

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

I find myself using it more and more now that I’m used to the format

@Kswiss, we have one, but do not use it after we polled our community members and the majority of them just do not use it. We try to focus on the tools (social that is) that the majority of our members use. For BTP that is FB. Which at the moment we are having some issues with and hope to be able to update the page soon. It’s not that we don’t want to be social, but what’s the point if only 3% of the community actually use it.

Thanks for the input though and if we open up our Twitter feed again, you’ll be the first I notify (and follow).

Cheers,

jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

That makes sense, thanks Jim

woodman_412

Has anyone started using Twitter more since this time last year? I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth it or not to get into Twitter to put updates out there on DP Shop Talk. I’ve never used it myself and from reading through this thread again unless things have changed since last year it doesn’t sound like you guys do either.

Dan

danpattison.com

I think twitter can be a decent time filler when you just want to mess around on your phone. I follow local police services and news feeds. They can sometimes advise if traffic issues before you get stuck in it. Will look up Bosch today and see what kind of stuff they’re tweeting

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Has anyone started using Twitter more since this time last year? I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth it or not to get into Twitter to put updates out there on DP Shop Talk. I’ve never used it myself and from reading through this thread again unless things have changed since last year it doesn’t sound like you guys do either.

If you can get a few people following and re tweeting your stuff then you’ll get a ton of exposure. The trick is getting those people to follow your account.

I dumped Twitter for Instagram . There’s really a lot great guys and professional there . Share advice and talk shop . Some members who haven’t posted here in sometime are over there . I’m up to 2,400 followers .

Always willing to learn .

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I have tried to figure it out in the past 5 or 6 months but I just don’t get it .

I have mastered the on/off button of the computer, thats it.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I have an account but rarely use Twitter. Maybe for a contest here or there.

A Working Pro since 2004

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

My twitter is for personal thing, and just to follow up latest products from several companies; such as Bosch, Milwaukee and others.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’m not involved with any of the social networking sites and tend to avoid those with any significant focus on them.

I’m with toolshead, I just can’t be bothered with the social media sites aside from YouTube, if you want to call it a social media site??

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Somehow, I just can’t see how Twitter could be useful for me in any way relating to woodworking or construction.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

woodman_412

So it sounds like most of my target audience isn’t on Twitter then. I’m reluctant to get into more social media since it takes enough of my time now keeping up with what I already have. My sister keeps chasing me to get set up on Instagram but I can’t see how that would be super helpful to me either.

Dan

danpattison.com

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I have heard people say twitter but I am old and have no clue about it.
    I am still figuring out my smart phone! lol It is still smarter than me.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

So it sounds like most of my target audience isn’t on Twitter then. I’m reluctant to get into more social media since it takes enough of my time now keeping up with what I already have. My sister keeps chasing me to get set up on Instagram but I can’t see how that would be super helpful to me either.

You still might want to consider using Twitter. It wouldn’t take too much time to set up an account, and if you keep your “tweets” to the essentials such as notifications of new videos, and maybe a few others in between, it wouldn’t be difficult to manage. You might be able to reach out to people who find you otherwise. Who knows, maybe not, but it might worth trying.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Somehow, I just can’t see how Twitter could be useful for me in any way relating to woodworking or construction.

yes and no, to reach your millennials twitter can work as that is what they check along with their facebook feed. If you are looking to reach an audience it is like instagram and how you hashtag your photo, you want to show off your work with a phone number beside it and get calls.

yes and no, to reach your millennials twitter can work as that is what they check along with their facebook feed. If you are looking to reach an audience it is like instagram and how you hashtag your photo, you want to show off your work with a phone number beside it and get calls.

That’s one of the great things about Instagram . Do a hashtag and millions can see it . I learn so much from other contractors , plumbers , sparkys , HVAC etc from my account on Instagram .

The tool review guys are awesome on keeps up with the newest tool . It s all about cross over with accounts

Always willing to learn .

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

That’s one of the great things about Instagram . Do a hashtag and millions can see it . I learn so much from other contractors , plumbers , sparkys , HVAC etc from my account on Instagram .

The tool review guys are awesome on keeps up with the newest tool . It s all about cross over with accounts

You got me going on Instagram a couple days ago and it has been great. Already seen some cool tool mods I haven’t seen before and some new tools. It’s been friendly and professional. I had an account before but wan’t using it in this manner. Thanks again!

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You still might want to consider using Twitter. It wouldn’t take too much time to set up an account, and if you keep your “tweets” to the essentials such as notifications of new videos, and maybe a few others in between, it wouldn’t be difficult to manage. You might be able to reach out to people who find you otherwise. Who knows, maybe not, but it might worth trying.

Sounds like a good idea Dan.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Well since last year, I did sign up, but I find its, not for me, i might be old school lol,

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.974 seconds