dcsimg

Trucks

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

nothing sounds better than the rumble of an 8 cylinder to me

Did you notice the price of gas lately?

It is on the rise here as well.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

still my favorite truck that F150 maybe one day lol

If is your favorite truck why are you looking GMC trucks?

Greg

Like I mentioned earlier posts it’s out of my price range for now 🤷‍♂️

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Oh I must of missed that. Sorry! I didn’t realized Fords are more expensive then GMC now. I always knew to be the other way around.

Greg

Oh I must of missed that. Sorry! I didn’t realized Fords are more expensive then GMC now. I always knew to be the other way around.

That’s okay , it’s the financing that makes it more expensive now ,
    GMC have 0 percent and Ford is about 5.5 , so it definitely makes a difference , I made the mistake a long time ago when I was younger , I gave a good amount of money down for a car I really wanted , only to realize years later it was a waste of cash , now I don’t always get the exact vehicle I want , but my money keeps working for me and I pay next to nothing in financing
    I like that 😎
    Also it’s very unfortunate that my wife isn’t working for the last company she was , they use to get a great deal on the 3 big manufacturers.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am 6′ 3″ and would like to put some side steps of some sort on mine. It sits pretty tall on stock suspension.

I have step rails on my truck and sits pretty low. They are still nice to have. Every once in awhile I smack my knee on the dash when jump up in the truck. Boy it does hurt. It doesn’t help my knees have been giving issues since last fall.

Greg

Okay , a question for the truck owners out there that have , or had a bed cover , I’m not sure what to get , soft roll or whatever you call it flip up , or hard cover that can be flipped up ,
    If I did go with the soft , what brand and should I have it dealer installed , obviously I know I could do it ,

redwood
    Pro

Okay , a question for the truck owners out there that have , or had a bed cover , I’m not sure what to get , soft roll or whatever you call it flip up , or hard cover that can be flipped up ,

If I did go with the soft , what brand and should I have it dealer installed , obviously I know I could do it ,

Figure out all the things that you might ever carry in your truck and whether they will fit with whatever you choose.

Covers were never a option for me, as I needed a lumber rack. Even with the shell, there have been items that I couldn’t fit into my truck, so I wouldn’t get anything that flips up, only one that rolls back.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have hard cover on my truck and love it. There are alot more money then soft cover. Maybe more money then you want to spend. I am sure the hard covers with out last the soft covers. I like that you can lock the cover and keeps everything in the box secure. It is great when travelling. I find that it keeps groceries cooler Then if they were in the cab.

You are limited what you can carry in the box for height. This can be pita for sure but doesn’t happen very often for me. I just found alot things I just laid down. I have carried alot of stuff in the back of my truck that were too height. I just put a blanket over the item and strapped the lid of the cover to the trailer hitch.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

soft roll or whatever you call it flip up , or hard cover that can be flipped up ,

Mine has the Ford soft cover that folds in three. It’s nice and light, easy to remove if needed, or can be clipped into the folded position which I have done. It’s handy, keeps the snow and crap out of the bed. First one I’ve had, so I can’t compare it to others. My son has a hard segmented roll up one on his Dodge that you are supposed to be able to drive an ATV on top of it. He likes it.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Figure out all the things that you might ever carry in your truck and whether they will fit with whatever you choose.

Covers were never a option for me, as I needed a lumber rack. Even with the shell, there have been items that I couldn’t fit into my truck, so I wouldn’t get anything that flips up, only one that rolls back.

Thanks Mark , that’s what I’m leaning towards is the soft roll up cover’s. It will be mainly for lumber and supplies , obviously the bigger tools that I can’t fit in the cab like saws , I’m looking forward to it

I have hard cover on my truck and love it. There are alot more money then soft cover. Maybe more money then you want to spend. I am sure the hard covers with out last the soft covers. I like that you can lock the cover and keeps everything in the box secure. It is great when travelling. I find that it keeps groceries cooler Then if they were in the cab.

You are limited what you can carry in the box for height. This can be pita for sure but doesn’t happen very often for me. I just found alot things I just laid down. I have carried alot of stuff in the back of my truck that were too height. I just put a blanket over the item and strapped the lid of the cover to the trailer hitch.

Thanks Greg , yeah I remember yours , I’ve seen it a few times on some of the post’s you added

soft roll or whatever you call it flip up , or hard cover that can be flipped up ,

Mine has the Ford soft cover that folds in three. It’s nice and light, easy to remove if needed, or can be clipped into the folded position which I have done. It’s handy, keeps the snow and crap out of the bed. First one I’ve had, so I can’t compare it to others. My son has a hard segmented roll up one on his Dodge that you are supposed to be able to drive an ATV on top of it. He likes it.

Thanks Jim , that’s what I’m thinking about , I like the fact that you can have different openings with the roll up , actually just saw a colorado (same as the Canyon ) at the store , it actually had that I think it’s 3 piece hard folding cover , it’s nice , I’ll definitely be looking into options.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

that you are supposed to be able to drive an ATV on top of it

Not sure I want to do that. I flopped my ATV out of my old 2 wheel drive pick up. It was a good experience when the ramps kicked out when the weight of the ATV got in the back the truck.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Thanks Greg , yeah I remember yours , I’ve seen it a few times on some of the post’s you added

Your welcome. Like I said I really like this cover. I have haul alot of stuff in my truck with cover.

One of buddies bought a truck with hard cover that folded into 3 sections. The cover all folded on top one other at the front of the box. He could still put his Atv in the back with tail gate down. It was 6 ft box. He ended up removing the cover as he found it leaked and he did like it at all. I can’t remember what he replaced with.

Greg

Well looks like that truck I was inquiring about has sold , I talked to the salesman today , he said the other option is to order it 🤷‍♂️ he said it would take approximately 3 months 🙄
    I’m going to see him later tonight , 🤞

Well I saw that salesman last night , and I decided to order the GMC canyon pick up , supposed to get it within 3 months 🤷‍♂️
    Unless something else comes up 🙄🤞

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well looks like that truck I was inquiring about has sold , I talked to the salesman today , he said the other option is to order it 🤷‍♂️ he said it would take approximately 3 months 🙄

That must be quite the truck you are wanting. That they have another one like it.
    I when my wife bought her Jeep the dealer got one from another dealership.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well I saw that salesman last night , and I decided to order the GMC canyon pick up , supposed to get it within 3 months 🤷‍♂️

Unless something else comes up 🙄🤞

So I guess you decided not to get full size truck then? Three months won’t be long coming around.

Greg

That must be quite the truck you are wanting. That they have another one like it.

I when my wife bought her Jeep the dealer got one from another dealership.

Yeah , it was at another dealership , but I guess it sold 🤷‍♂️
    Oh well these things happen

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.337 seconds