dcsimg

Trucks

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

Wow Jim, that’s not bad. Here if you show up at at a auto repair shop, it probably costs that much for a estimate.

Yes 4wd does ease your mind a little bit, but you still need to drive responsibly. I live in a mountainous area with snow and not all people drive alike.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Well, getting the 4WD working again only cost about $300 and change. What a relief. It was just one actuator that needed replacing.

Took a trip down a road today that we got stuck on before and the truck, with the studded snow tires, 400 lbs of weight, and functioning 4WD performed it flawlessly.

This area is kind of mountainous. Seems every time there is a steep hill, they decided to put a sharp curve or two in it. It’s nice to have a bit of confidence that your ride will make it to the other end, and better yet, back home again.

Nice to hear that it was not as bad as expected ,
    Sounds like you have a safe truck again Jim
    4×4 is great in the snow , we are having a storm here , and I’ve been out a few times this morning , and love that 4×4 mode 👍

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

you still need to drive responsibly.

You got that right. About 30 to 40 mph in some places. Not any faster on the “good” sections.

I have always told my wife that northern Ontario drivers are better than southern Ontario drivers. In the south, if you go off the road, you end up driving into a farmers field and get another chance. In the north, if you go off the road, you go into a rock cut or over a cliff…natural selection takes care of the careless drivers up here…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

natural selection takes care of the careless drivers up here

LOL funniest thing I’ve read today.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have always told my wife that northern Ontario drivers are better than southern Ontario drivers. In the south, if you go off the road, you end up driving into a farmers field and get another chance. In the north, if you go off the road, you go into a rock cut or over a cliff…natural selection takes care of the careless drivers up here…lol.

It is alittle different here in Eastern Ontario. Not as many farms and more rough country with rock cuts all major high ways.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I had an issue just before the Christmas break , my battery light came on , it’s about 3 years old the battery , and the negative post had a bunch of like white crusty build up , I cleaned it up and put special grease on the post , it’s about 3 weeks and it’s starting to do it again , and the light comes on , not all the time , but it happened once this past week , and hasn’t happened again , I was reading up on it , I heard that if it’s the positive side , it means it could be the altinator , but if it’s the negative post it’s possible it’s the battery 🤷‍♂️
    I tested it myself , battery is around 12.4 and when the car is started it gives me a reading of 15 ish if I remember correctly.

If anyone has any input or advice I’m definitely open to hear that.

Old thread warning

Just got my truck /SUV back from the garage , 600 bucks later
    It runs really good
    But I also went to see a salesman at GMC , talked about the 2021 Sierra and the Canyon ,
    Both nice trucks ,
    The benefits of the fullsize
    The room and the feeling of greater safety
    For my use , obviously it has better towing and hauling , but also has not as good had mileage as the canyon , that plus the fact that I would have to pay easily 200 bucks more for registration because of the 5.3 v8 🤷‍♂️
    The canyon has a 3.5 v6
    Also definitely a smaller cabin
    That being said , the full size Sierra is lots more 💵
    I’ll do more searching this weekend , I’m going to be looking at suv’s and pickup trucks

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Old thread warning

Just got my truck /SUV back from the garage , 600 bucks later

It runs really good

But I also went to see a salesman at GMC , talked about the 2021 Sierra and the Canyon ,

Both nice trucks ,

The benefits of the fullsize

The room and the feeling of greater safety

For my use , obviously it has better towing and hauling , but also has not as good had mileage as the canyon , that plus the fact that I would have to pay easily 200 bucks more for registration because of the 5.3 v8 🤷‍♂️

The canyon has a 3.5 v6

Also definitely a smaller cabin

That being said , the full size Sierra is lots more 💵

I’ll do more searching this weekend , I’m going to be looking at suv’s and pickup trucks

Good for miles now. What type vehicle is it?

Sounds like you are not sure what to buy. Driving a full size pick up to any distance can use alot of gas. Just got doing for 6 years. But I wouldn’t give of my full truck for anything.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Both nice trucks ,

I’ll say they are. Not sure which I would choose in your position. One thing I wish I had on mine is an 8′ box. Hard to find used with the extended cab. I wanted both but had to settle for just one. The ability to put full length lumber and sheets of plywood in the box is nice. I know most of the truck buying public don’t agree with that, but they seem to want giant size sedans instead of a truck. Most never see a lick of work. Well, way up north here may be the exception to that.

redwood
    Pro

Both nice trucks ,

I’ll say they are. Not sure which I would choose in your position. One thing I wish I had on mine is an 8′ box. Hard to find used with the extended cab. I wanted both but had to settle for just one. The ability to put full length lumber and sheets of plywood in the box is nice. I know most of the truck buying public don’t agree with that, but they seem to want giant size sedans instead of a truck. Most never see a lick of work. Well, way up north here may be the exception to that.

I was in the same boat, but took the extended cap with short bed. 99% of the time, it doesn’t matter and it is easier to park.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Both nice trucks ,

Yeah I like the look of them , yesterday I sat in the canyon , and realized it’s definitely a smaller truck , especially sitting in the cab your legs are more stretch out instead of in the Sierra , I actually prefer the short box , but the salesman said it definitely would be easier selling it with a longer box down the road 🤷‍♂️
    I looked at the ranger also , nice size truck to , just to much for financing , and they only offer them in a 4 cylinder , definitely wanted the 8 cylinder in a full size truck , but after hearing feedback from some work colleges , they have some trucks with the echo boost and a few other have the ram with the 6 cylinder , all of them are happy with the choice , just like yourself Jim I think they are okay with a smaller engine , just as long as you don’t need to pull a heavier load
    , I can tell you though , nothing sounds better than the rumble of an 8 cylinder to me , especially that ram hemi with the dual exhaust ,
    I’ll try to check out more this week , it’s hard because I’m a 6 foot and 2?? Lb Something guy

Another small thing I noticed is , surprised how smooth of a drive the bigger trucks have compared to the midsize , and the trucks of yesterday , technically has come a fairly long way , even just between my 2012 to know

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

nothing sounds better than the rumble of an 8 cylinder to me

Did you notice the price of gas lately?

nothing sounds better than the rumble of an 8 cylinder to me

Did you notice the price of gas lately?

Nope 🤷‍♂️🤣😆🤣 yeah I know that’s another reason why I’m considering the midsize and the V6

Also I do mainly highway driving , so it’s slightly better than city driving

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

they have some trucks with the echo boost and a few other have the ram with the 6 cylinder , all of them are happy with the choice , just like yourself Jim I think they are okay with a smaller engine , just as long as you don’t need to pull a heavier load
    , I can tell you though , nothing sounds better than the rumble of an 8 cylinder to me , especially that ram hemi with the dual exhaust ,
    I’ll try to check out more this week , it’s hard because I’m a 6 foot and 2?? Lb Something guy

I have the 3.7l non turbo V6 in my F150 and it pulled my loaded 12′ utility trailer through the mountains nicely. It had to shift gears a bit, but it got the job done. I don’t know how much better it is on gas than an 8 cyl, but it does not seem to be overly thirsty.
    I like a V8 rumble too, except at 6am when the guy across the street starts it up and lets it idle for an hour. I got older and like my daily drivers a bit more quiet now. Sure the Hemi is a nice engine….until the lifters collapse and you need a rebuild.
    I am 6′ 3″ and would like to put some side steps of some sort on mine. It sits pretty tall on stock suspension.

they have some trucks with the echo boost and a few other have the ram with the 6 cylinder , all of them are happy with the choice , just like yourself Jim I think they are okay with a smaller engine , just as long as you don’t need to pull a heavier load

I have the 3.7l non turbo V6 in my F150 and it pulled my loaded 12′ utility trailer through the mountains nicely. It had to shift gears a bit, but it got the job done. I don’t know how much better it is on gas than an 8 cyl, but it does not seem to be overly thirsty.

I like a V8 rumble too, except at 6am when the guy across the street starts it up and lets it idle for an hour. I got older and like my daily drivers a bit more quiet now. Sure the Hemi is a nice engine….until the lifters collapse and you need a rebuild.

I am 6′ 3″ and would like to put some side steps of some sort on mine. It sits pretty tall on stock suspension.

I was just checking them out now , seems like the new one is a 3.3 non turbo , and then they offer 2.7 and 3.5 echo boost I think , I’m getting brain freeze juggling all the specs for each brand and so on 🤯
    I find they make it difficult to judge side by side , so many different configurations and such , just for example , the new ranger only has a 4 cylinder and the Chevy or GMC offer both 4 or 6 🤷‍♂️
    Lmao that’s hilarious , yeah I hear ya , I have a neighbor like that , good thing he’s a few houses over , it’s not as loud at 6 am lol

I’m debating on getting side steps for sure , I find getting older , I’m getting less flexible lol

redwood
    Pro

I have a 2013 Echo Boost and love it. It pulled my trailers better then my F250 V10.

I am also now a fan of the side step.

2013-Ford-F150-1red

2013-Ford-F150-2red

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

I have a 2013 Echo Boost and love it. It pulled my trailers better then my F250 V10.

I am also now a fan of the side step.

2013-Ford-F150-1red

2013-Ford-F150-2red

Wow that’s a beautiful truck Mark ,
    Looks like it’s in great shape , that’s pretty much the truck that I wanted to buy , except for the 5liter motor , but right now I just can’t afford it ,

redwood
    Pro

I can understand the cost factor. I bought mine with 9000 mi., as a demo truck driven by the GM at the dealership. It was equipped with more stuff then I would have gotten, but I’ve come to appreciated some of those. Much cheaper then if I ordered a truck to my specs. It still cost a lot and that was 8 years ago. I don’t want to even think about what it would cost today.

Here is a more recent pic. Still not a dent on it {knock on wood). It’s actually never been serviced, other then oil changes. It has the original brakes and battery. I just replaced the tires last year.

2013-Ford-w-racks-2red

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

I can understand the cost factor. I bought mine with 9000 mi., as a demo truck driven by the GM at the dealership. It was equipped with more stuff then I would have gotten, but I’ve come to appreciated some of those. Much cheaper then if I ordered a truck to my specs. It still cost a lot and that was 8 years ago. I don’t want to even think about what it would cost today.

Here is a more recent pic. Still not a dent on it {knock on wood). It’s actually never been serviced, other then oil changes. It has the original brakes and battery. I just replaced the tires last year.

2013-Ford-w-racks-2red

Holy carp Mark , how much milage does it have , still my favorite truck that F150 😭😭 maybe one day lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

One thing I wish I had on mine is an 8′ box.

I quite happy with my 6 ft box on my truck. I do know what you mean when you want to put a sheet of plywood wood in the box and close the tailgate. I don’t do this very often. I have had lots of loads of lumber in my truck since I bought it. Some lengths were 12 & 14 feet long.

One thing I wish I had on mine is an 8′ box. Hard to find used with the extended cab.

I hardly see them at all really. Even new I haven’t seen to many new.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.219 seconds