dcsimg

Trucks

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 133 total)
  • Author

Well, the truck goes in to the shop on Thursday. I now have a full notebook sheet filled with items to be repaired/replaced.

Dropping it of a couple days before the truck goes in so they have time to get the necessary parts ordered. Then the only thing to do is wait for the bill…..

Sounds like you have a decent amount of work to get done , hopefully it’s not going to cost you an 💪 and 🦵 lol

I have been debating changing my SUV , but decided to hold off until next year , that being said , I just spent 800 bucks for snow tires 🤷‍♂️ oh well

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

I stopped at the shop Tuesday to drop off my list of things to be done in case they needed to order parts. Girl just laughed and said “No way we can get all this done in one day”.
    So it looks like this will be a multi-visit situation. 🙂

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I stopped at the shop Tuesday to drop off my list of things to be done in case they needed to order parts. Girl just laughed and said “No way we can get all this done in one day”.

Well that kinda sucks. I thought the way you were talking it would be in the shop for awhile.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Wow sounds like a lot of work to do , that’s one thing I have a hard time with , finding time to bring in the car /truck and not loosing time off work or having to either rent a car or find other means of transportation
    Good luck with the truck , hopefully it’s not too expensive

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Girl just laughed and said “No way we can get all this done in one day”.

Bad news right there. Hope it all gets done eventually.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MTRoads
    Pro

Only 3 phone calls from the shop today. Needed two more parts than what I took them for the front suspension.
    Then they found a hole in the transfer case (which I guess is common for that year/transmission.
    Last call was to tell me that when taking apart the transfer case to put the new part on — the transfer case is pretty much toast.
    So… we’ll see how things go from here.

Stan

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Before long you’ll have a new vehicle.

MTRoads
    Pro

Before long you’ll have a new vehicle.

Not necessarily new, but good for another 80-100K and I’ll be happy with that.

Stan

Only 3 phone calls from the shop today. Needed two more parts than what I took them for the front suspension.

Then they found a hole in the transfer case (which I guess is common for that year/transmission.

Last call was to tell me that when taking apart the transfer case to put the new part on — the transfer case is pretty much toast.

Wow , hopefully it stops there for the repairs , so I assume you need a new transfer case , how much is that going to be
    What year is the truck

MTRoads
    Pro

Wow , hopefully it stops there for the repairs , so I assume you need a new transfer case , how much is that going to be

What year is the truck

Yes, new transfer case will be going in. Truck is a 2004 Chevy 2500HD. Haven’t got the final as far as cost, told them to ‘just put it on my tab’.
    The shop I have it at is booked out through the end of November, but said they would call me if they have any cancellations. Figure another 2 or 3 appointments and everything will be taken care of.

Stan

redwood
    Pro

Haven’t got the final as far as cost, told them to ‘just put it on my tab’.

You are a lot more trusting of Auto shops then I am. I’ve found them to be as bad as contractors.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

All these repairs sound expensive. Sometimes though if you know the history of the vehicle, getting it fixed is better than taking on new debt.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MTRoads
    Pro

<span class=”gdbbx-bbcode-underline” style=”text-decoration: underline;”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>Haven’t got the final as far as cost, told them to ‘just put it on my tab’</span>.

You are a lot more trusting of Auto shops then I am. I’ve found them to be as bad as contractors.

I have had my truck to this shop before and they treated my more than squarely. Benefits of a small town shop – if your name is not good, you don’t last long.

Stan

MTRoads
    Pro

All these repairs sound expensive. Sometimes though if you know the history of the vehicle, getting it fixed is better than taking on new debt.

Definitely agree. I have had the truck for about 7 years now and it has not let me down. Figure these repairs will get me a lot more miles out of the truck.

Stan

What year is the truck

Yes, new transfer case will be going in. Truck is a 2004 Chevy 2500HD. Haven’t got the final as far as cost, told them to ‘just put it on my tab’.

The shop I have it at is booked out through the end of November, but said they would call me if they have any cancellations. Figure another 2 or 3 appointments and everything will be taken care of.

Well sounds like you have and had good experiences with them , it’s hard to find a reputable mechanic and or garage , if you have one keep it ,
    I’m sure once it’s all fixed up , it will give you a few more good years of service.

@JimDaddyO
    I don’t know why you bought a pickup truck , you could have stayed with Ford , but just bought something smaller like this mustang
    LMAO

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/11/who-needs-a-pickup-truck-when-you-have-a-ford-mustang/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Figure these repairs will get me a lot more miles out of the truck.

That is the way to look at it. Either new truck payments or invest in lower maintenance costs.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Figure these repairs will get me a lot more miles out of the truck.

That is the way to look at it. Either new truck payments or invest in lower maintenance costs.

Very true Bill , very true , I like not having any car payments , and it’s actually not that bad doing repairs

Picked up my new snow tires after work , I’ll most likely install them this week sometime
    Also just finished the online request for the mail in rebate

Oops picture or it never happened lol

Doobie

Picked up my new snow tires after work , I’ll most likely install them this week sometime

Also just finished the online request for the mail in rebate

Oops picture or it never happened lol

What brand did you go with Brian?

I’ve always been a big Michelin fan myself.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.408 seconds