dcsimg

Trucks

Viewing 19 posts - 261 through 279 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Oh well , the manager said my truck is on hold because of the famous semiconductor shortages.
    She said judging by the amount of time, it should be within a few weeks.

That’s good!

I just went by the dealership because I wanted a better answer than the salesman gave me

I don’t blame you been. Sometimes the Salesman don’t care after they have made the sale. They are worried about getting the next sale.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Oh well , the manager said my truck is on hold because of the famous semiconductor shortages.

She said judging by the amount of time, it should be within a few weeks.

That’s good!

I just went by the dealership because I wanted a better answer than the salesman gave me

I don’t blame you been. Sometimes the Salesman don’t care after they have made the sale. They are worried about getting the next sale.

Thanks

Yes you are right about that part about salesman

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Sometimes the Salesman don’t care after they have made the sale.

The question I want to ask if when does the salesman get the commission? After the sale contract is signed and deposit received, or after the vehicle is delivered and you walk out the door?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The question I want to ask if when does the salesman get the commission? After the sale contract is signed and deposit received, or after the vehicle is delivered and you walk out the door?

Good question I have no idea!

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Good question I have no idea!

if the latter the salesman will be much more motivated to get the car here.

Personally I think it’s after the delivery , I mean I didn’t give any money down or start any payments ,
    I tell you , it’s gotta be hard being in his position , not sure how or if he has a base salary , and image I’m pretty patient and understanding of the situation , imagine dealing with some other people that continually call him being rude or aggressive towards the sales people

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Personally I think it’s after the delivery , I mean I didn’t give any money down or start any payments ,

I always thought you had to pay a deposit when order a vehicle from a dealership.
    If this the case you would think that the salesperson would be working alittle harder to keep you informed with delivery of vehicle.

I tell you , it’s gotta be hard being in his position , not sure how or if he has a base salary , and image I’m pretty patient and understanding of the situation , imagine dealing with some other people that continually call him being rude or aggressive towards the sales people

You could be right. I don’t feel sorry for them one bit. Honestly I was quite disappointed what witness when I was getting service at the dealership. As was in the waiting room talking to this young man who problem spent over $60 000 on 2 new vehicles. He was telling about the issue with his new car before driving it off the car lot and that day he had his truck to have looked at as every light was on in the dash. While we were talking the salesman that sold him the asked him how was. The young told he would better vehicles worked like new ones. The salesman pretty brushed him and changed the subject. Honestly you would have the salesman would have went got some answers what was wrong with his vehicle what they could fix the problems.

Greg

@GTokley yes if my car was doing that when I went to pick it up , it definitely wouldn’t be my car anymore , I’d just cancel the deal and order something else ,
    I can’t believe that happened , I mean aren’t they supposed to inspect the car before , that’s why we pay the dealership preparation fees 🤷🏼‍♂️

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@GTokley yes if my car was doing that when I went to pick it up , it definitely wouldn’t be my car anymore , I’d just cancel the deal and order something else ,

I can’t believe that happened , I mean aren’t they supposed to inspect the car before , that’s why we pay the dealership preparation fees 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah I can’t believe too. You would think they would be inspecting them before they leave the lot. They did take the car in garage and look at it. I don’t think they found the problem right them.
    Honestly those problems should never reach the dealership. They suppose to be tested after they come off the assembly.
    I knew a guy that was a mechanic at GM. When vehicles came off the assembly line with issues they went to him.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I just saw this morning a local Dodge dealer received 2 truckloads of new trucks.

Greg

I just saw this morning a local Dodge dealer received 2 truckloads of new trucks.

😮😮 Hopefully these manufacturers have received some semiconductor chips and will be delivering cars and trucks soon 🤞

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

😮😮 Hopefully these manufacturers have received some semiconductor chips and will be delivering cars and trucks soon 🤞

Looks like Dodge got some semiconductor chips. I would think this dealer wasn’t the dealer to receive vehicles.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

These dealers may have a car dealer discussion forum to talk about their cars and they may have a thread titled “I GOT A BOX” where this dealer posted “I just got two truck loads today” LOL.

Got a confirmation email from GMC Canada yesterday
    They said they located my truck , it’s been built , but awaiting the famous semiconductor chips to finish the last few things , then testing and quality control inspection and shipping out to the dealership , they said check back in about 4 weeks 🤔

Hopefully they are being generous in the estimate and I can get it before that time

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

They said they located my truck , it’s been built , but awaiting the famous semiconductor chips to finish the last few things

Sounds like good news to me.

It would have been nice to get a new vehicle in the spring so you could enjoy a summer of cruising in nice weather. Getting it later in the year means driving it through the slush and snow first.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

They said they located my truck , it’s been built , but awaiting the famous semiconductor chips to finish the last few things

Sounds like good news to me.

It would have been nice to get a new vehicle in the spring so you could enjoy a summer of cruising in nice weather. Getting it later in the year means driving it through the slush and snow first.

Yes it’s good news , but like you said , I would have liked to get it earlier 😢lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

They said they located my truck , it’s been built , but awaiting the famous semiconductor chips to finish the last few things , then testing and quality control inspection and shipping out to the dealership , they said check back in about 4 weeks 🤔

Hopefully they are being generous in the estimate and I can get it before that time

It is nice you heard back from them. It sounds like it hard to say when you will get your truck.

Greg

It is nice you heard back from them. It sounds like it hard to say when you will get your truck.

Yes it was nice , I guess I should start shopping for snow tires and wheels , plus the tonneau cover ,

OLD thread warning

Got my snow tires already , but still waiting for the truck

Bui I got the snow blower today lol guess it was faster than the truck LoL

Also my wife returned her car last week and we picked up her new Qashqai this past Tuesday
    I also got her snow tires and rims , plus installed them Thursday night
    Been a pretty busy week

Viewing 19 posts - 261 through 279 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.252 seconds