dcsimg

Trucks

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes the chip shortage is easing but there is a backlog of both trucks to make and especially to ship. Hope your wait is not too much longer.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes the chip shortage is easing but there is a backlog of both trucks to make and especially to ship. Hope your wait is not too much longer.

Yeah , now even used trucks are fetching a higher than usual price

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is the whole crazy thing about this chip shortage. 2-3 year old used cars are selling for more than they sold new. Here’s another anomaly, even though new car sales are down, the dealers have no new cars to sell, profits are way up. Manufactures are reporting much lower July sales but reporting record profits. Why? no discounts.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is the whole crazy thing about this chip shortage. 2-3 year old used cars are selling for more than they sold new. Here’s another anomaly, even though new car sales are down, the dealers have no new cars to sell, profits are way up. Manufactures are reporting much lower July sales but reporting record profits. Why? no discounts.

Yeah , the salesman told me that they are selling trucks even a few thousand more than the sticker price , 🤷‍♂️ not sure if that’s true , car salesman are pretty good at selling lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yeah , the salesman told me that they are selling trucks even a few thousand more than the sticker price , 🤷‍♂️ not sure if that’s true , car salesman are pretty good at selling lol

I pretty sure I wouldn’t be paying a few thousand over asking price for a truck. It wouldn’t matter how good the salesman is at selling. I can’t believe what people have created here.
    It all started with people hording toilet paper the driving house prices. Then everything in between.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I pretty sure I wouldn’t be paying a few thousand over asking price for a truck. It wouldn’t matter how good the salesman is at selling. I can’t believe what people have created here.

It all started with people hording toilet paper the driving house prices. Then everything in between.

LoL yeah I totally agree , sometimes I wonder if they are hoping I drop the contract hoping to sell it higher than what I got as a deal

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

sometimes I wonder if they are hoping I drop the contract hoping to sell it higher than what I got as a deal

Maybe! You would never know what they are thinking. Honestly I am not sure if I would have waited this long for a truck. I either would have went else where just changed my mine. I know there is a shortage of chips. Who says these will work fine once they are installed.

Greg

sometimes I wonder if they are hoping I drop the contract hoping to sell it higher than what I got as a deal

Maybe! You would never know what they are thinking. Honestly I am not sure if I would have waited this long for a truck. I either would have went else where just changed my mine. I know there is a shortage of chips. Who says these will work fine once they are installed.

Yeah , I thought about going elsewhere. But even Ford or the higher priced Tacoma and the outdated Nissan frontier had problems finding what options I was looking for , like I mentioned before , I personally don’t need the full size truck , and as long as waiting , it’s not a real issue as my SUV is still in good condition

I don’t think they will be any issues from the chip delay and shortage , even if they are , the truck is guaranteed , so it’s going to be alright

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

as long as waiting

…or…you could ask how much the dealership is willing to pay you to cancel the order. Do a reverse salesman on them…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

as long as waiting

…or…you could ask how much the dealership is willing to pay you to cancel the order. Do a reverse salesman on them…lol.

Ha ha. That’s a great idea! Might be worth a try.

Greg

redwood
    Pro

Since you don’t actually need the truck, you should be in a good position to do whatever you want. But maybe not, this has been such a strange year. Nothing like it, for as long as I remember.

I was told that I could sell my 8 year old Ford F150 for what I paid for it, since it has only 42,000 miles.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

as long as waiting

Hahaha that’s funny Jim 👊👍

Since you don’t actually need the truck, you should be in a good position to do whatever you want. But maybe not, this has been such a strange year. Nothing like it, for as long as I remember.

I was told that I could sell my 8 year old Ford F150 for what I paid for it, since it has only 42,000 miles.

Well it’s not that I don’t need it , I definitely could use it , but I’m just not in a position that I must have it because of lacking a vehicle , my SUV is still running good ,

Yeah you are right about that Mark , I know another person who just sold his truck for almost what he paid for it a few years ago , and with about 45 thousand klms more on the odometer , it’s another SUV , they are in demand

I was hoping to get a decent price for mine , definitely not looking to gouge anyone , I want to make sure that they get a good vehicle for the price they will pay

as long as waiting

Ha ha. That’s a great idea! Might be worth a try.

Funny thing is , my wife’s Nissan rogue is coming up to return on the lease , we are actually thinking about buying it back , and turning around to sell it , make a slight profit

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

But maybe not, this has been such a strange year. Nothing like it, for as long as I remember.

It sure has been a strange year and it isn’t over yet.

You probably could with out a problem. Then again how could you replace it? I know your probably not selling it. But it might be a problem replacing it.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

make a slight profit

I am sure you will be making more then slight profit or you would be doing it. Selling things privately can be quite headache. There is all the tire kickers, low ballers,. There are the crazy questions about payment plans etc. Look forward hearing how you make out about this.

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Toyed with the idea of selling my truck a few months back, no way that is going to happen now, used prices around here have really gone crazy as apparently other places have.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

OLD THREAD WARNING

Just left the dealership , I spoke to the manager , she confirmed that my truck actually exhists lol

I just contacted GMC Canada , gave them the info and they will contact me in 72 hours to let me know what’s happening with the truck , the manager actually showed me the screen that says my truck is awaiting semiconductor chips

Also my co worker just received his Tacoma after ordering it the beginning of April

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Just left the dealership , I spoke to the manager , she confirmed that my truck actually exhists lol

Well that’s good news! That your truck does exhist.

I just contacted GMC Canada , gave them the info and they will contact me in 72 hours to let me know what’s happening with the truck , the manager actually showed me the screen that says my truck is awaiting semiconductor chips

Just curious why you contacted GM Canada with info and not your dealership🤷‍♂️?

Greg

Well that’s good news! That your truck does exhist.

Just curious why you contacted GM Canada with info and not your dealership🤷‍♂️?

I was on the GMC CANADA website , and started to chat with the message pop up , they asked me if I had a contract and vin number , I checked my contract from the dealership , I sent them the contract number I had on the contract I signed in March , they told me that the truck was delivered in February 🥺😯🤯
    I found out today that the number I gave GMC CANADA. Is the code from the truck that I initially saw , and when the salesman tracked it down in March when I was ordering the truck , they just use the same order number for reference purposes to order the same truck , it’s the salesman that never gave me the updated information ,
    Oh well , the manager said my truck is on hold because of the famous semiconductor shortages.
    She said judging by the amount of time, it should be within a few weeks. 🤞

I just went by the dealership because I wanted a better answer than the salesman gave me

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.234 seconds