dcsimg

Trucks

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 257 total)
  • Author

Well it’s coming up to Two months in a week since I’ve ordered the truck , I talked to the salesman yesterday , they still haven’t heard from the missouri plant yet for the vin number 🥲

He also said first it could be 3 months , but yesterday , he said it could be more like 4 months , 🤷‍♂️ , hopefully it will be quicker than that 🤞

That’s too bad. I wouldn’t be surprised if is longer then 4 months.

Could be , but thank God I’m not in desperate need right now , after the repairs to my SUV , it’s still running good

But obviously I’m looking forward to getting it , hopefully sooner than that 🤞

I guess one never knows how long it will be. I am sure you your SUV will fine until your new truck comes in.

Yeah hopefully I don’t have to keep doing more repair to the Sorento

Looks like it may be even Longer than anticipated

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/05/gm-wentzville-plant-moving-from-three-to-two-shifts/

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well it’s coming up to Two months in a week since I’ve ordered the truck , I talked to the salesman yesterday , they still haven’t heard from the missouri plant yet for the vin number 🥲

He also said first it could be 3 months , but yesterday , he said it could be more like 4 months , 🤷‍♂️ , hopefully it will be quicker than that 🤞

Could be , but thank God I’m not in desperate need right now , after the repairs to my SUV , it’s still running good

I guess one never knows how long it will be. I am sure you your SUV will fine until your new truck comes in.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/05/gm-wentzville-plant-moving-from-three-to-two-shifts/

I am not surprise the way things are going. I heard the other day that factory that makes headlight for the Auto makers down the road from where I work is pretty slow right too.

Could not just go buy another new vehicle or did you pay a deposit to order your new truck?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I am not surprise the way things are going. I heard the other day that factory that makes headlight for the Auto makers down the road from where I work is pretty slow right too.

Could not just go buy another new vehicle or did you pay a deposit to order your new truck?

Yeah I could , but the problem is
    1 they don’t have what I’m looking for in stock ,
    And 2 nothing available in every dealership around Montreal 🤷‍♂️
    I didn’t have to leave a deposit , I just signed the contract , I’m sure it will get finished eventually , just have to be patient I guess ,
    I don’t want the Toyota Tacoma or the Nissan frontier
    I might be able to find a Chevrolet model Colorado , but prefer the looks of the canyon
    Also didn’t want the 4 cylinder turbo on the New Ford ranger ,
    And the Honda Ridgeline is to expensive and don’t really like the look of it

I wanted a V6
    Crew Cab 4×4
    Not to much choice in the midsize pickup trucks
    I don’t need a full size truck , I would love to have the V8 but don’t feel like paying double for the registration , then much more for gas ,
    Not just yet anyway , maybe in a few years ,

OLD THREAD WARNING

I called the dealership last Friday , I told the sales guy that it’s been 3 months 🤷‍♂️ I said I know that they have a chip shortage , but I just asked him if he has any info , please let me know when I can expect my truck , I was hoping to get it before my summer vacation the end of July 😭

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING

I called the dealership last Friday , I told the sales guy that it’s been 3 months 🤷‍♂️ I said I know that they have a chip shortage , but I just asked him if he has any info , please let me know when I can expect my truck , I was hoping to get it before my summer vacation the end of July 😭

From what your saying. The sales guy had no information for you.

Greg

OLD THREAD WARNING

From what your saying. The sales guy had no information for you.

Exactly , I have noticed that when I search the GMC Canada site , after I put in my postal code , Last week they had 27 vehicles that almost matching my search , this week it’s down to 17 , I was told after I called GMC Canada , that when you’re vehicle is being delivered , it will appear on the GMC Canada site 🤷‍♂️ , I really hope it’s soon 🤞

redwood
    Pro

I just read today that Ford had the same issue with chips on their F-150’s, but that hurdle has now been cleared. Hopefully GM will follow suit shortly.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I know that they have a chip shortage

Chip shortages are just one of the links that are strained. Global supply lines and the JIT system of manufacturing has been fractured by the pandemic, shortages of workers at ports, the jam up in the Suez canal, shortage of all kinds of transportation, etc.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

I know that they have a chip shortage

Chip shortages are just one of the links that are strained. Global supply lines and the JIT system of manufacturing has been fractured by the pandemic, shortages of workers at ports, the jam up in the Suez canal, shortage of all kinds of transportation, etc.

Yeah , I was reading another article about GM relaxing slightly on the testing for drugs and alcohol because of difficulty finding working people to fill up the production line ,
    Also the chips are pretty much in all aspects of the fabrication on lots of new vehicles , those information center consoles , parking and lane departure , backup camera and plenty more systems in, I might have to wait longer than anticipated 😢😢
    Good thing my Kia Sorento is still in pretty good shape , that being said , apparently used vehicles are fetching a good price ,
    I’m definitely not looking to make a killing on resale , I just want a decent price , but more importantly to me , I want to give someone a safe vehicle for their family ,
    I guess due to the situation , I just have to be patient , I’m extremely fortune to be in the situation I’m in , my wife and I have been working , and more important , we are healthy , so I , or we definitely can’t complain ,
    I was just looking forward to getting the truck before my summer vacation , lots of things I would rather use it for compared to the SUV lol ,

I just read today that Ford had the same issue with chips on their F-150’s, but that hurdle has now been cleared. Hopefully GM will follow suit shortly.

Yeah , I was actually just reading about that , GMC have been getting batches of chips , but I believe one of the biggest issues for them are trying to find shift production workers , apparently they and other manufacturing places are having a hard time finding full time employees.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I just read today that Ford had the same issue with chips on their F-150’s, but that hurdle has now been cleared.

Saw this today…Maybe things are getting better a bit at a time…

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news/ford-scored-some-silicon-and-is-back-to-building-f-150-report-says/ar-AALTwgw?li=AAggFp0&ocid=mailsignout#image=AALTwgw_1|3

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Just read this , amazing how many chips it takes in today’s car’s and trucks ,

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/07/2021-full-size-gm-suvs-to-lose-wireless-phone-charger/

Just read this , I was hoping to have received my truck already , but hopefully at least by the end of July 🤞

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/07/all-remaining-build-shy-chevy-colorado-trucks-to-ship-by-july-19th/

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Just read this , I was hoping to have received my truck already , but hopefully at least by the end of July 🤞

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/07/all-remaining-build-shy-chevy-colorado-trucks-to-ship-by-july-19th/

The end of July is only a few weeks a way. You would think your dealer would know when they would be receiving your truck.

Greg

The end of July is only a few weeks a way. You would think your dealer would know when they would be receiving your truck.

Yup , not impressed with the communication so far , I actually drove by the dealership Friday after work , they have tent’s up because they are having some big sale , lol it’s very funny , empty lot and only a few cars on the lot , anyways , I talked to my salesman , he said that they received confirmation from GMC that my truck was coming soon 🤞

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yup , not impressed with the communication so far

No doubt. I know I wouldn’t be.

I actually drove by the dealership Friday after work , they have tent’s up because they are having some big sale , lol it’s very funny , empty lot and only a few cars on the lot , anyways ,

Seems like that everywhere really. Most likely sales down so they have do what they can to bring some business.

he said that they received confirmation from GMC that my truck was coming soon

With out a date. Doesn’t really mean alot.🤷‍♂️

Greg

Was just reading this ,

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/gm-shut-truck-assembly-plants-again-cites-global-chip-shortage

Doesn’t seem to be the midsize truck , I believe they are still producing trucks in Missouri 🤞🙏

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Doesn’t seem to be the midsize truck , I believe they are still producing trucks in Missouri

That’s good. So you might be getting your truck pretty soon.

Greg

Doesn’t seem to be the midsize truck , I believe they are still producing trucks in Missouri

That’s good. So you might be getting your truck pretty soon.

I really hope so 🤞

😞😢😢😢

I was just reading this ,
    I hope mine is in the next batch 🤞

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2021/08/05/gm-parks-suvs-chip-shortage/5473476001/

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 257 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.725 seconds