dcsimg

Trucks

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

News says shortages may delay auto production now due to lack of tires.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

redwood
    Pro

There are shortages of ton’s of stuff, not just truck parts. My ex-wife was involved in a 2+ year planning process of replacing the sewer line that goes through her backyard. It was finally supposed to start last month, but has been delayed indefinitely by the unavailability of the sewage pipe, due to the freeze in Texas closing down the industry.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Yeah I saw that news about the tire’s ,
    Lots of industries struggling now , my wife is in the steel industry , she’s having a hard time supplying material to her customers.
    Hey even the pool store is having a hard time keeping up the stock. , That plus they are having a hard time with replacing liners for pools.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Really never heard that. There is a big Goodyear Tire plant not far from me.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yeah I saw that news about the tire’s ,

Lots of industries struggling now , my wife is in the steel industry , she’s having a hard time supplying material to her customers.

Hey even the pool store is having a hard time keeping up the stock. , That plus they are having a hard time with replacing liners for pools.

Our plant hasn’t had any issues getting raw material this year, like last year. Our issue is having enough people to work.
    If have anyone has Covid related symptoms your off work till your are symptom free for 10 to 14 days. This year is going be busiest year yet.

Greg

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have been on calls indicating that exterior doors and appliances are in short supply due to the Freeze in Texas and a shortage of the insulation compounds that they inject into them. I am also hearing shortages of electrical boxes in some places especially the electrical ones.

My Pella Window rep indicated that they have a piece that is used in one of their windows that comes from a plastics plant in Texas that they cannot get which has pushed out some of their window deliveries to 13 weeks.

It seems that between Covid and the deep freeze the south had, there are still a lot of supply chain issues out there.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow that would screw things up what with the chip shortage and now this. The supply line is really messed up right now.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have been on calls indicating that exterior doors and appliances are in short supply due to the Freeze in Texas and a shortage of the insulation compounds that they inject into them. I am also hearing shortages of electrical boxes in some places especially the electrical ones.

My Pella Window rep indicated that they have a piece that is used in one of their windows that comes from a plastics plant in Texas that they cannot get which has pushed out some of their window deliveries to 13 weeks.

It seems that between Covid and the deep freeze the south had, there are still a lot of supply chain issues out there.

Yeah definitely , my wife is in the steel industry , she had ABB for a customer , definitely having a hard time getting steel for electric boxes and other supplies , it’s hard getting cold rolled steel , and then finding a place that can stamp and galvanizing is hard to find also ,
    You are right , that freak storm that hit Texas definitely has an impact on the production of certain things.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I have been on calls indicating that exterior doors and appliances are in short supply due to the Freeze in Texas and a shortage of the insulation compounds that they inject into them.

Same problem her.
    Same reasoning.

Well it’s coming up to Two months in a week since I’ve ordered the truck , I talked to the salesman yesterday , they still haven’t heard from the missouri plant yet for the vin number 🥲
    He also said first it could be 3 months , but yesterday , he said it could be more like 4 months , 🤷‍♂️ , hopefully it will be quicker than that 🤞

redwood
    Pro

Well it’s coming up to Two months in a week since I’ve ordered the truck , I talked to the salesman yesterday , they still haven’t heard from the missouri plant yet for the vin number 🥲

He also said first it could be 3 months , but yesterday , he said it could be more like 4 months , 🤷‍♂️ , hopefully it will be quicker than that 🤞

That really sucks. I hate waiting for things, especially big purchases where I have agonized over the decision. Probably why I have never ordered a vehicle.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Dang it , I responded to you Mark , but maybe because I added a link it’s also in the holding area lol

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2021/03/24/gm-wentzville-lansing-grand-river-chip-shortage/6974033002/

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s too bad. I wouldn’t be surprised if is longer then 4 months.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I could be believe what saw when I drove by the local GM dealership. They had sign out front of the dealership saying that their inventory was low and they were looking to buy used vehicles. After reading the sign I the car lot had less half vehicles what they normally do.

Greg

Could be , but thank God I’m not in desperate need right now , after the repairs to my SUV , it’s still running good
    But obviously I’m looking forward to getting it , hopefully sooner than that 🤞

I could be believe what saw when I drove by the local GM dealership. They had sign out front of the dealership saying that their inventory was low and they were looking to buy used vehicles. After reading the sign I the car lot had less half vehicles what they normally do.

I can believe that , the Ford and GMC dealership right here , both have more used trucks on the lot than New , I think GMC have about 6 max New and Ford have about 8 New , I’ve never seen these dealerships with their parking lot empty
    Plus the GMC is a chevrolet buick gmc dealer , so they have a huge parking lot

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I can believe that , the Ford and GMC dealership right here , both have more used trucks on the lot than New , I think GMC have about 6 max New and Ford have about 8 New , I’ve never seen these dealerships with their parking lot empty

Plus the GMC is a chevrolet buick gmc dealer , so they have a huge parking lot

Same here I have never this dealership so empty. Doesn’t look good to me.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Could be , but thank God I’m not in desperate need right now , after the repairs to my SUV , it’s still running good

I guess one never knows how long it will be. I am sure you your SUV will fine until your new truck comes in.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I guess one never knows how long it will be. I am sure you your SUV will fine until your new truck comes in.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 220 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.383 seconds