dcsimg

Triton Track Saw

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I’ll go out on a limb and say the Festool won.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Have you had a chance to put your Triton to work yet?

Orange County, CA

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Nope. But there’s a story behind that…

Stay tuned!

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So, here’s a head to head with the Festool TS55 REBQ…but, it’s in Russian.

Well lots of good that does us

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

So, here’s a head to head with the Festool TS55 REBQ…but, it’s in Russian.

Well lots of good that does us

You guy’s are on your own with that. I don’t speak Russian.

I give it a good look at a woodworking show this weekend at it seems to be pretty sold for price point .

Always willing to learn .

How has this machine held up so far? I was using my TS75 a lot this weekend and I do like it…I think a Mafell would be nicer, but the TS75 has done everything I have asked of it so not in a real hurry to replace it. I could see adding a smaller saw for sheet goods, which I do not process that often although it seems that as of late I have been using them more. I also have several projects planned that will use sheet goods, so maybe an upgrade. I would like to hear feedback on this Triton saw, though.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I give it a good look at a woodworking show this weekend at it seems to be pretty sold for price point .

I wonder what different tracks it fits on??

Looks like it fits Festool tracks.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@Skillman that does seem to be a good price.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

How has this machine held up so far? I was using my TS75 a lot this weekend and I do like it…I think a Mafell would be nicer, but the TS75 has done everything I have asked of it so not in a real hurry to replace it. I could see adding a smaller saw for sheet goods, which I do not process that often although it seems that as of late I have been using them more. I also have several projects planned that will use sheet goods, so maybe an upgrade. I would like to hear feedback on this Triton saw, though.

Scot, have you ever used your TS75 to cut multiple layers of sheet goods stacked up at one time?

Dan

danpattison.com

Scot, have you ever used your TS75 to cut multiple layers of sheet goods stacked up at one time?

I have…that way when I make a bad cut I can ruin several sheets at once, LOL…just kidding. Yes, it works well for duplicate parts. I do not use sheet goods all that often, but for the odd cabinet/built-in I do it really speeds up the process. First rip a clean edge, and then go to town with rips and cross-cuts. I think you can safely cut 3 sheets at once. It also helps to clamp them together the corners to keep everything aligned.

Orange County, CA

redwood
    Pro

Nope. But there’s a story behind that…

Stay tuned!

Well what is the story? It’s been a while.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Have any of you tried the Triton TTSTS T square 90* for being able to quickly set up your guide rails at 90*?

John S

I’ve owned the Triton TRC001 router for a lot of years and they do make solid tools. However, I had heard that Kreg are directing you to the UK for spare parts now, as apparently, they don’t deal with that aspect.

I think @jponto07 just ran into this problem when he needed parts for his Triton router.

Something to consider when contemplating the track saw. You would hope that parts are readily available in the US/Canada if needed.

Have any of you tried the Triton TTSTS T square 90* for being able to quickly set up your guide rails at 90*?

I am not sure how well this would work – I have the DeWalt version that looks pretty identical to it and you cannot calibrate it for square.

Orange County, CA

Doobie

I have the Festool version and like most other brands I’ve heard about also, they are OK for rough carpentry in squaring sheet stock where perfectly square can be forgiven, but pretty useless for getting true 90 degrees when you are making cabinet components in the shop without getting your square out to fine tune which makes it kinda useless.

http://www.amazon.com/Triton-TTSTS-T-Square-90°/dp/B00G5SQWDU

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve owned the Triton TRC001 router for a lot of years and they do make solid tools. However, I had heard that Kreg are directing you to the UK for spare parts now, as apparently, they don’t deal with that aspect.

I think @jponto07 just ran into this problem when he needed parts for his Triton router.

Something to consider when contemplating the track saw. You would hope that parts are readily available in the US/Canada if needed.

I called Kreg hoping to avoid buying parts over seas and they directed me to the same website Triton did. (Toolspares.com)

The process was straight forward, but I find it ridiculous that I can’t buy parts in the US for a tool that is readily sold here. After navigating the website, I found the part I needed, had to create an account on SagePay.UK and wait for it to arrive.

Fwiw, SagePay forced me to pay in British Pounds, so I was charged a fee by my bank for the currency exchange also. The site never mentioned American dollars at all. There was no method to switch the currency.

When the part arrived via FedEx, the return address was in Portland, Oregon….suspicious.
    I searched extensively, but could not find a dealer in the States based upon the return address, there must be a different place to send my money next time.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

@dirtywhiteboy What is the site that you find parts on? Do they have Triton stuff?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.771 seconds