dcsimg

Triton Track Saw

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

So I guess no one has tried one yet?
    I’ve been intrigued by it, and have taken a look at it at my local tool store.
    They are currently on sale with a 59″ track, and I am leaning towards the purchase. As far as compatibility goes…they are not able to work with the Festie and Makita tracks.
    I’ve been looking for some feedback as to whether or not they are comparable with a Makita. Still no feedback yet…
    I may end up being the guinea pig for this, and I will know for sure by the end of the month.
    Mind you, if I can talk the tool store into swinging a deal on the Makita with a track for the same price as the Triton, I’ll go with that.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Looks like Woodworkers Journal is going to be testing it, along with other track saws including Mafell and Festool in the next issue:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WoodworkersJournal

Orange County, CA

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Looks like Woodworkers Journal is going to be testing it, along with other track saws including Mafell and Festool in the next issue:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WoodworkersJournal

Excellent, thanks!

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

I may end up being the guinea pig for this, and I will know for sure by the end of the month.

I personally would not want to be a guinea pig, but if you are able to hold off until the Woodworkers Journal review, then you would be in great shape! Still, Triton is a solid brand, and if this track saw has any sort of quality on par with their routers, you will be in good hands.

John S

It doesn’t look to bad. It looks nicer than the other generic model Grizzly is selling. Their track looks a lot like the Makita track with the locking groove. I wouldn’t mind having the short 27″ section for smaller cuts with my Festool. Amazon has them @ $499 though so if cost isn’t it’s advantage, what is?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This saw looks different than the POS one I bought. It does have the same short tracks.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Attachments:
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That track saw review will be interesting and I think it will finally shed some light on some brands we don’t hear much about.

One thing I noticed on the short video that WJ did was that the Triton also has a scoring feature, similar to Mafell…so that is pretty cool. I am looking forward to the review.

Orange County, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The standard arbor is a plus! I own the Makita and it’s a pain to order blades online because nothing is available locally with a 20mm arbor.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The standard arbor is a plus! I own the Makita and it’s a pain to order blades online because nothing is available locally with a 20mm arbor.

The Makita takes the same size blade as the Festool track saw.

Dirty

I have noticed more and more places are stocking the 20mm arbor blades from other manufacturers. Ordering online would be a pain unless you can plan for it. Not sure if there is a Woodcraft in your area, but they stock the Festool blades as Dirty mentioned.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Not sure if there is a Woodcraft in your area, but they stock the Festool blades as Dirty mentioned.

The problem there is they say Festool on them and the price is over the top like the cornholes. I’d just go online and get a Tenryu blade when I need one.

Dirty

I have heard lots of good things about Tenryu blades. I will buy one and try it when I need to replace mine.

Orange County, CA

I emailed Triton Tools overseas and asked them if their tracks work with the Festool saw and if their saw work with the Festool tracks. They said yes. The bevel lock feature obviously won’t work when using the Festool track since it is missing the groove for it. So I imagine these tracks are identical to the Makita ones then…I might see if I can find a short one to try. Hopefully these tracks will be better priced.

Andrew

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The Makita takes the same size blade as the Festool track saw.

The Makita and Festool both have 20mm arbors, but the Makita is actually 165mm while the Festool is 160mm. You can certainly use the smaller blade on the Makita, but doing so all but eliminates the 2mm deep scoring feature (if you use it or even care.) That said, there are many more blade options in the 160mm. I own and use 3 of them on my Makita- all Freud…14T, 24T and 40T I believe. No problems whatsoever.

Jon P.
    Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have noticed more and more places are stocking the 20mm arbor blades from other manufacturers. Ordering online would be a pain unless you can plan for it. Not sure if there is a Woodcraft in your area, but they stock the Festool blades as Dirty mentioned.

My nearest Woodcraft is about an hour away. The last time I ordered blades online I got 3, so I haven’t had to deal with the hassle lately. My local yard has the Makita on the shelf, but ironically doesn’t stock blades for the thing…

Jon P.
    Instagram

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

This saw looks different than the POS one I bought. It does have the same short tracks.

Saw that track saw online and thought about purchasing it, but couldn’t find enough reviews to take the plunge. Glad I didn’t.

Bert

Saw that track saw online and thought about purchasing it, but couldn’t find enough reviews to take the plunge. Glad I didn’t.

Yeah I think Dirty’s burned up real quick!

Andrew

<P>I have noticed more and more places are stocking the 20mm arbor blades from other manufacturers. Ordering online would be a pain unless you can plan for it. Not sure if there is a Woodcraft in your area, but they stock the Festool blades as Dirty mentioned.</P>

<P>My nearest Woodcraft is about an hour away. The last time I ordered blades online I got 3, so I haven’t had to deal with the hassle lately. My local yard has the Makita on the shelf, but ironically doesn’t stock blades for the thing…</P>

Makes sense…I have been to Bloomington a few times this year already. It is a drive to get to a lot of places in Indiana! But, very pretty area.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

the Makita is actually 165mm while the Festool is 160mm.

So you are saying this page http://www.makitatools.com/en-us/Modules/Tools/ToolDetails.aspx?Name=SP6000J
    under the specs is wrong?

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.906 seconds