dcsimg

Triton Track Saw

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I noticed that one of our Canadian online tool dealers seems to be running a big promo on the Triton track saw, I’ve never seen them before and didn’t know they even offered one. The price point is pretty low (About $400 Cad – so probably a bit cheaper in the US – including the track) and it looks like they took care of two things that are missing on the Festool (anti-kick back and no more tipping when cutting at a 45).

I’m impressed with the looks of this – has anyone used it hands on?

redwood
    Pro

I assume they are made by the same company (Triton) that JohnS posted some info on not too long ago. Australian company?

It will be interesting to see if this is a legit option in the track saw market.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Thatkid
    Pro

That’s pretty cool I like the anti kickback lock. It does look similar to the grizzly track saw which makes me wonder if they are made in the same factory.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I assume they are made by the same company (Triton) that JohnS posted some info on not too long ago. Australian company?

Yes – the same company that makes the routers and the other jaw / clamp + workstation that John posted. Apparently Kreg is the distributor for them in North America – that actually builds my confidence in them quite a bit, I’ve always liked my Kreg stuff – a nice blend of works well but still reasonably priced.

Thatkid
    Pro

Oh wow I didn’t relies kreg was involved. Everything I have gotten from kreg I have liked and thought was well built.

Interesting…I just want to know if the tracks are compatible with Festool or if they match the Grizzly ones…

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

If it matches the makita/festool tracks that would be cool. I still don’t get why the festool is so much money.

Good to see more competition,

Are you seeing this bosch?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The price point is not far off from the Makita saw. I would be interested to see a comparison of the two

redwood
    Pro

I wasn’t able to find it available in the US. It is listed on the Amazon site, but not currently available.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Never heard of them before. Mark couldn’t find them for sale here. That could be why lol. I’d like to learn re before I buy my track saw. Gotta see all my options first

Yes – the same company that makes the routers and the other jaw / clamp + workstation that John posted. Apparently Kreg is the distributor for them in North America – that actually builds my confidence in them quite a bit, I’ve always liked my Kreg stuff – a nice blend of works well but still reasonably priced.

I think they are Australian but I am not 100%. That seems to be where I saw all of the stuff available to buy online, so that is my assumption.

Triton definitely makes a quality router, so I would assume they have a decent track saw. They are somewhat similar to a Festool in some of the products they come out with (like that workcenter) but just a wee bit lower in price. Like a Bosch-esque quality and price rather than the extra green tax. Looks like an interesting option for a track saw if it is available…

haha…

I was not impressed with the dust collection in the video though….

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I noticed they weren’t in stock on Amazon.com – here’s a link to where I found them, they seem to have a really decent set of accessories available. I was tempted to but the rail bag for my festool rails. They have clamps, different lengths of track, angle guide, rip guide and even a dust bag for the dust port – something NAINA with Festool right now.

http://www.elitetools.ca/en/product/plunge-track-saw-vari-speed-1400w-with-60-tct-blade-and-1500mm-track-tts1400/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’d stick with the 2 proven ones Makita and Festool. I’ve tried the off brands and was burned. I see that one seemed to have a short track too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

This looks like a rebranded DeWalt…similar accessories too.

Orange County, CA

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

I wonder if they will be in stores. Price is not that bad.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

After reading about Dirty’s bad experience a while ago on CT, I’ve been leery of any of the “other” brands…

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Ditto! See the excitement at a Track Saw alternative?

--Steve

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Ditto! See the excitement at a Track Saw alternative?

Exactly.

I like the angle guide that is on the site.

http://www.elitetools.ca/en/product/angle-guide-for-tts1400-plunge-track-saw-ttsag/

One thing I will have to say for it is that I like the fact that it takes a normal 6 1/2″ blade. Makes it easier to find a replacement.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I like the angle guide that is on the site.

http://www.elitetools.ca/en/product/angle-guide-for-tts1400-plunge-track-saw-ttsag/

One thing I will have to say for it is that I like the fact that it takes a normal 6 1/2″ blade. Makes it easier to find a replacement.

Yeah, some of the accessories look really nice. I wish I could see the rails in person, I have a feeling they must be compatible with someone – I’ve heard Mafell and Bosch use the same system for some tools. I wonder if these are close to the DeWalt.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

If your not used to Plunge cutting with a track saw. That anti kick could really help.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.782 seconds