dcsimg

TriHorse: Three-legged sawhorse design, use and building

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

thanks for digging this old thread up.. I still haven’t built mine either. I think they are going to be my on site set up as my OA table has found a permanent home in my shop!

I want ti build a set too. I did collect the ply but it’s not treated, I gotta get some treated ply sick of the bugs eating my stuff.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

wow those trihorse sawhorses are badass – i like’em

you should try building one to see how well it would work. I debated between that one and another one that was from here.

That would be good if he likes them that much to build a set and he could post up the progress pics. I don’t think I’ve seen any pics from @madman_us yet.

nope you dont. but you will see some soon. my shop/ garage is a disaster atm. cant build sh** in there

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

We need something like this tri-horse so bad. Mine are so raggedy. I just keep throwing odds and end pieces together to have something. @madman_us…not enough hours in the day.

We need something like this tri-horse so bad. Mine are so raggedy. I just keep throwing odds and end pieces together to have something. @madman_us…not enough hours in the day.

Agree, was going to make couple last summer, but things happen. Going to order the plans, they are fairly detailed from what I hear

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Ok it has been some time now. Who built them? Are you still using them? or were they not as useful/handy as you first thought?

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

These are very interesting saw horses. It’s really more than just saw horses, it’s a work station system. It looks like with a little creativity you could customize them to no end.

One thing after another and I havn’t built them yet. But will…

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Ok it has been some time now. Who built them? Are you still using them? or were they not as useful/handy as you first thought?

I want to build some. I just need to get some plywood. The ¾” ply I have is not treated and will not work.

I want to build some. I just need to get some plywood. The ¾” ply I have is not treated and will not work.

I’m going to build these too I may just make a set from untreated as most times this will not be in the weather to often.

Thanks for sharing this BTW … it’s awesome

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m going to build these too I may just make a set from untreated as most times this will not be in the weather to often.

Mervyn looking forward to seeing your take on these when they are finished.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I think i would try a good BC and give it a good coat of something before i would go with treated. Most treated i see is rough and gets bad when it dries if not sheer nailed down. Being able to break them down i just wouldnt leave them outside too often.

Mervyn looking forward to seeing your take on these when they are finished.

I agree , it would be great to have your input on these.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nope not in your area. Darn bugs would have it eaten up shortly after you got one together.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think i would try a good BC and give it a good coat of something before i would go with treated. Most treated i see is rough and gets bad when it dries if not sheer nailed down. Being able to break them down i just wouldnt leave them outside too often.

I don’t have a choice everything must be treated. They treat all kinds or wood rough or smooth.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I don’t have a choice everything must be treated. They treat all kinds or wood rough or smooth.

NC we have a choice but if it will be outside then you have to go treated. Our treated lumber is actually quite nice and smooth. Except for the weight and color you can buy top rated grade lumber that is treated.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I bought a set of these plans, but havent built them yet. Really need to do that.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

If you can get treated that is stable great. Nothing against treated in general. Just the stuff here is rarely even thickness, the layers are often separating and wavy as the north shore once it dries

Sorry to revive an old thread, but are the plans still available for purchase anywhere, all the links I’ve found are dead.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but are the plans still available for purchase anywhere, all the links I’ve found are dead.

Hello Daniel
    I’m not sure if they still are , it’s a very nice design
    I think I also saw it on YouTube , not sure I can’t remember if it was that exact same one.
    If you do find out , please drop by and let us know.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Here are a couple of links I found, the guy was from St. Paul, MN and had a display at our fair a couple years ago. I would try the Twitter feed and he may answer it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcJbE3eTMDAIfeg6D5wnnpg

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.450 seconds