dcsimg

TriHorse: Three-legged sawhorse design, use and building

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 140 total)
  • Author

Thanks,

I use noisy power tools most days at work, went I get home, I like it quiet as much as possible. I have a collection of human-powered mowers. I keep them sharp and fine-tuned and they cut about as fast as a gas-powered model. The old ones cut the best, but they are a bit of effort to push.

Looking for another one. Used one for years. Matter of fact , sons spent many hours / summers on one before they were allowed to use a motor driven one. Don’t want to get off subject, but if you know of any makers of decent ones, or ideas on where to get a decent older one could you shoot me a PM?

Fiskars StaySharp Max – very decent

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s great to see BassWood out and showing his product. If he has a program for a CNC he can really start pumping them out.

Doobie

It’s great to see BassWood out and showing his product. If he has a program for a CNC he can really start pumping them out.

That’s a great idea. Surprised it hasn’t happened yet as he’s worked that setup for quite a while now,

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I thought this was part of his kickstarter campaign, how did that go? does anyone know?

Doobie

I thought this was part of his kickstarter campaign

Is it? I wasn’t aware. Sorry if I missed that.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That’s a great idea. Surprised it hasn’t happened yet as he’s worked that setup for quite a while now,

I thought this was part of his kickstarter campaign, how did that go? does anyone know?

We could always ask @basswood to see how the kickstart went. Nice to see that his product is out and about.

According to the kickstarter post it was funded and units are coming off the production line:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trihorse/trihorse-sawhorse-and-workstation-production-run/posts/1292039

Hi ALL,

Yes The TriHorse Kickstarter was a success and we started manufacturing 6 different sawhorse models in July. They are only available in the local MN market for pick up at my shop and I won’t do any sales pitch on BTP.

I can show more about how they work and some of the ideas that went into the design could be useful to the members here. I’m in here on a short break from work and have to get back to it (doing restoration work on an old Palladian window today). Can post more on the horses and the window work later though.

Thanks for asking about where things are going with this worksite system/Trihorse venture.

Brian

Attachments:
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

@basswood that looks like the display you had at the Steel County Fair. I wish I would have realized you were on BTP and said hello. Good luck with the Trihorse.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@basswood looking forward to your update. Great concept.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Sweet, always good to see good and honest kickstarters make it.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Glad that things are working out for you.

Rwb
    Pro

I was wondering if someone on here could help me. I bought the plans for the trihorse but I am having trouble figuring out the exterior cut line for the double leg component. I figured out the main rail, the radius for the curves were on the plan but I don’t see the ones for the double leg.
    Thanks

Doobie

I was wondering if someone on here could help me. I bought the plans for the trihorse but I am having trouble figuring out the exterior cut line for the double leg component. I figured out the main rail, the radius for the curves were on the plan but I don’t see the ones for the double leg.
    Thanks

The fellow who invented it who started this thread, Brian – @basswood, follows this thread, so he’ll probably chime in at some point if nobody can answer it for you otherwise.

Rwb
    Pro

Thanks Kevin
    Ya I tried to message Brian on Facebook but he’s probably busy by the looks of his page. So I was hoping if anyone else on here had the same issue.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

wow those trihorse sawhorses are badass – i like’em

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

yellaD
    Pro

This is the new thread on the TriHorse. I designed this sawhorse to overcome limitations of traditional sawhorses. The three-legged design does not rock on uneven terrain (as 4-legged horses do). I also wanted a sawhorse that packs flat for transportation or storage, and sets up without tools. The design is kinda like Tinker Toys. It can be connected to other sawhorses as the basis for work tables or work stations supporting tools like miter saws and table saws.

Basically TriHorse is the basis of a knockdown portable workshop that assembles in about 3 minutes. I no longer need a dedicated miter saw stand or table saw stand. Two of these sawhorses work as traditional sawhorses, but also replace those saw stands too, so all my carpentry tools now fit in a Honda Odyssey minivan instead of a full-sized Ford van and trailer.

I make 3 and 4-legged versions of these, bored and slotted for clamping, tool storage, and all sorts of other functions.

I will follow up here with more photos, tips on use, and building them and will answer any questions you have. If you want to build these, basically give the plans away for these. The cost only covers the cost of the CAD drawings, and cost of the website that makes them available. I won’t post that link here.

Most here could easily build these without plans, they are offered essentially as a convenience. I will openly share any information you need to build these here. I really don’t want to piss off any moderators or anyone else, so let me know if I cross any lines here and I will be glad to pull any posts or content.

My goal is to improve our profession and make carpentry, safer, easier, and more efficient!

That’s cool! Is it totally modular? Can you make different formations depending on the tools needed?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

you should try building one to see how well it would work. I debated between that one and another one that was from here.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

you should try building one to see how well it would work. I debated between that one and another one that was from here.

That would be good if he likes them that much to build a set and he could post up the progress pics. I don’t think I’ve seen any pics from @madman_us yet.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

thanks for digging this old thread up.. I still haven’t built mine either. I think they are going to be my on site set up as my OA table has found a permanent home in my shop!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.267 seconds