dcsimg

Treasure turns up in unusual places.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Loving all these cool finds! This is a fun thread to look through. That 2-man saw is really neat.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This is a fun thread to look through.

I think it’s funn too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

wow you guys find some pretty interesting things. lol all i found was tim hortons cups and cauking tubes behind the walls.

wow you guys find some pretty interesting things. lol all i found was tim hortons cups and cauking tubes behind the walls.

But was it a roll up the rrrrrrim to win cup?

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

Can you imagine what this boy is thinking?

Top button done up again, that and the ever present watch chain

The cabinet behind was a backdrop as it was in many

Very pretty hat and lady

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Some great finds. I’ve never been lucky enough to find anything more then a few coins.

wow nice find guys , i like the explosive wood cover from the box @Chad , the saw is very cool ,
    Peter nice find ,

Wow. Some nice finds, and great work on the photos too. All I ever find is “past due” notices around the house….lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Here’s my fav of all them …

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

Wow, these are great finds. The only thing I have come across is clothing stuffed in the stud bays for insulation, empty beer cans, and a few business cards from past renovations.

Doobie

I was helping a friend reno a basement into a rental suite 20 years ago that he bought under ‘power of sale’. We found three guns and a whack load of bullets. Called the cops each time we came accross them. On the third occasion, they brought him in for questioning and he was needlessly grilled for a couple of hours. Nothing ever came of it further. Poor Sean. He’s my friend to this day I’ve known since childhood and not the brightest star in the sky, but he didn’t deserve that. It kind of traunatized him for years onwards.

The person who ran the house into the ground was the son of a deceased owner and had tried to flood the house for an insurance claim for which it was denied and the house went into foreclosure. The pool in the back had a tree growing out of the deep end from years of unuse/neglect.

My friend had what was a very expensive to build concrete pool originally built by one of the most reputable firms for building them at the time in the Toronto area (Betz Pools) filled in rather than bring it up to snuff as he wasn’t much of a swimmer. Still shake my head at that decision somewhat. Still cost him 11K to have it filled in as they had no access and had to wheelbarrow the fill.

I was helping a friend reno a basement into a rental suite 20 years ago that he bought under ‘power of sale’. We found three guns and a whack load of bullets. Called the cops each time we came accross them. On the third occasion, they brought him in for questioning and he was needlessly grilled for a couple of hours. Nothing ever came of it further. Poor Sean. He’s my friend to this day I’ve known since childhood and not the brightest star in the sky, but he didn’t deserve that. It kind of traunatized him for years onwards.

Talking off bullets … I once had to clear a choked drain for a friend and took the “s” trap of under the sink expecting to find the normal collection of hair and collected gunge only to find a .22 bullet.

Then going back eeeeven farther to my teens and apprenticeship, one of the bigger jobs my boss took on was converting what was an x army drill hall in to a youth and community center in the town of Leven, Fife (Scotland). As a second year apprentice I was given many of the menial tasks one of which was I was sent outside with my buddy Rab and a 3 part extension ladder and told to clean out all the cast iron (rain) gutters (eaves-trough) … about half way through that task I hit something solid. On cleaning the moss and dirt off I was shocked to find one of these.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Here’s my fav of all them …

That is a winner for sure!

Then going back eeeeven farther to my teens and apprenticeship, one of the bigger jobs my boss took on was converting what was an x army drill hall in to a youth and community center in the town of Leven, Fife (Scotland). As a second year apprentice I was given many of the menial tasks one of which was I was sent outside with my buddy Rab and a 3 part extension ladder and told to clean out all the cast iron (rain) gutters (eaves-trough) … about half way through that task I hit something solid. On cleaning the moss and dirt off I was shocked to find one of these.

What do you do when you come across one of those….. after you stop running, of course?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

What do you do when you come across one of those….. after you stop running, of course?

Actually I took it home and had it for months … then someone pointed out the pin was out, that shook me more than a little. I then “dropped” it off at the local army cadets office. It caused quite a stir at first, then after one of the officers checked it over he put our minds at rest. He thought it was a practice nad made to feel like the real thing. The still took it from me and detonated it somewhere. sigh!!! I miss my nad

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Found this old 1903 Springfield in a forclosure once.

Looked up the serial numbers and it was an early rock island arsenal made weapon, apparently these were tempered by eye, and occasionally exploded during use. I hung on to it for a while and eventually traded it in.

Attachments:

It makes you think that those photos landed in there for a reason. Waiting over all the years for someone to find them that had a connection to someone who could bring them back. The world turns in weird ways sometimes.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

It makes you think that those photos landed in there for a reason. Waiting over all the years for someone to find them that had a connection to someone who could bring them back. The world turns in weird ways sometimes.

It’s strange … I keep thinking there are more there in those walls just waiting to be found.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Looked up the serial numbers and it was an early rock island arsenal made weapon, apparently these were tempered by eye, and occasionally exploded during use. I hung on to it for a while and eventually traded it in.

wow you guys are lucky, i have to buy my ammo and guns lol you guys just find them in random places.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice find though.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

It’s strange … I keep thinking there are more there in those walls just waiting to be found.

There probably is. Strange though why they would have done that in the first place.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.587 seconds