dcsimg

Trailer Organization

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    kzcarp
    Pro

I have an old 22′ class C motorhome that I hardly use anymore, Still runs fine and everything works but it’s starting to show it’s age on the outside. If you could find something like that to convert. They’re pretty cheap really, Maybe $2000ish. and a class C has the bed over the cab for storage or taking a nap

So Boyd, is that $2,000.ish delivered ? 😉

kevin

woodman_412

I’ve thought about making a setup for it that is knock-down and removable so that I could use the trailer both ways.

That seems like it would be quite the design challenge… Perhaps investing in some sort of racking system that you could easily attach/remove might do the trick… Is there a way such that you could finish the innermost part and still leave room for hauling?

John, with only 5×10 of space to work with I don’t think I could outfit part of the trailer with racking etc and still have enough room to haul cabinets. Usually when I do a kitchen install the trailer is packed full with cabinets so I need pretty much all the space. I guess if I wanted to be outfitted to both store tools and haul cabinets I would need to get a bigger trailer. One thing I really like about the size of the trailer I have is it’s easy to fit into tight driveways etc.

Dan

danpattison.com

Do you have land or driveway space at your house for a second trailer and then could get another 5×10 for your go-to tools for a portable jobsite per se? It would still be easy to handle and yet give you the versatility without having to compromise by only feeling like you could do x% of the new bigger trailer with racking/tool storage/etc

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have an old 22′ class C motorhome that I hardly use anymore, Still runs fine and everything works but it’s starting to show it’s age on the outside. If you could find something like that to convert. They’re pretty cheap really, Maybe $2000ish. and a class C has the bed over the cab for storage or taking a nap

So Boyd, is that $2,000.ish delivered ? ;)

kevin

LOL Maybe, I’ll have to jump start it cuz I’m sure the battery is dead by now, Fill it up with tranny fluid and down road it’ll go..Ooops forgot, I’ll also have to empty it out as it has turned into a backyard ‘Trailer Storage’ LOL. Honestly I may never sell it, It’s still good for a weekender once in a while. Especially out on the desert 4 wheeling and stuff. It was also good for bowling night when the beers out numbered the strikes 🙂

Andre_C
    Pro
    Miramichi, New-Brunswick

Here is the link for a peek at Ron Paulks trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuhDERZbBeY‎

He also designed the workbench that one of us is building.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

He also designed the workbench that one of us is building.

There have actually been quite a few conversations about his workbenches. Nice trailer though. Wonder how much weight all that wood adds to the trailer.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I put 1.25″ lips on most of my shelves. Things don’t move too much because I have dual torsion axles, but I also put bungies across the openings too just as a precaution.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Got pics @hdpro? BTW, what part of upstate are you in? I lived in Evans Falls (by Watertown) for a while and traveled across the top part of the state every weekend heading to Vermont.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I do appreciate his simplicity in design. I am always torn between slides and just wood on wood for drawers. I have done both, and at times think both are the way to go.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

redwood
    Pro

OK, here are a couple of picks of POS tool trailer. It definately could use a upgrade.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Got pics @hdpro? BTW, what part of upstate are you in? I lived in Evans Falls (by Watertown) for a while and traveled across the top part of the state every weekend heading to Vermont.

I don’t. It’s something I need to do. I’ll try to do that for you.

I’m near Binghamton.

Here is ours. It’s basic. It’s an 18′ long with barn doors and a side door. We use it for framing, siding, windows, etc. We keep it more as a job trailer than a tool trailer.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Here is ours. It’s basic. It’s an 18′ long with barn doors and a side door. We use it for framing, siding, windows, etc. We keep it more as a job trailer than a tool trailer.

I was going to say – way too clean to be a tool trailer of sorts 😛 😛 That looks great, but I am guessing you are wishing it was a 20′ long trailer (isn’t there some kind of law on that sort of thing haha)

I am really impressed with how you have snuck all those massive ladders in there without them taking up all of the space/being hard to get. Brilliant.

John S

Thanks @supimeister! We did just clean it out from our last house build so its not that clean always, but we do try to keep up on it. I can’t think of a time we wanted longer actually. It seems to be the perfect balance. The walk planks are 16′ long and there is still room in front of them for a 6′ ladder standing up.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That is a nice and clean setup. I think that trailers are the way to go, the low maintenance costs, and the fact that you probably are not going to trade it in because of high miles makes it an attractive option. I looked into car haulers some, because of the size, and storage options available. Things like this:
    <P></P>
    <P></P>

I would live in that ! 🙂

FOG guys have great ideas for inspiration of trailer setups… Here is another good one worth glancing at:

http://festoolownersgroup.com/workshops-and-mobile-vehicle-based-shops/my-version-of-the-paulk-mobile-shop/

John S

Attachments:
    jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015
    jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015
    WoodDoc
    Pro

Tricky part is having a wall clear to load material (4×8 sheets etc.) and yet still maxing out tool storage.
    What do you guys do for security for your trailers? Always an issue when all your eggs are in one basket?

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

security
    #1 hitch lock
    #2 safety chains wrapped around hitch and padlocked.
    #3 heavy chain through wheels
    #4 back double door , has a dead man stick
    #5 Car alarm with motion sensor on self contained battery.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.417 seconds