dcsimg

Track Saw Workbench

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

For those of you wondering about what I cut on and it falling apart. You can see the saw cuts are clean . No worries about it making a mess .

Very nice, I don’t see any mess.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

For those of you wondering about what I cut on and it falling apart. You can see the saw cuts are clean . No worries about it making a mess .

i may have to switch to that when i cut with my track saw, the foam won’t gum up the blade at all?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

After seeing the picture it looks like a really good idea. I may pick up a sheet.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That’s what I was thinking although they really do last a lot longer than I initially thought. I was told when I bought it that the sacrificial strips last in a contractor usage situation one to two years. But I’ve found out since it tends to be longer.

It’s nice when things are under estimated and last longer than expected.

Whoa, I did not expect the cuts to be that clean – especially in the places where the cuts overlap. That is a perfect and easy solution… can you use your mft top with any dogs still?

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Whoa, I did not expect the cuts to be that clean

That is real nice really. Just lay the sheet on the floor and it will support the whole work piece. Really is a nice inexpensive solution.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yep I can second what Jerry has said. We have cut on foam for any finished or nice materials for a while now. It actually helps the dust collection on the saw work better and we don’t worry about scratches on the backside of whatever we are cutting. It doesn’t gum the blade because you are just scoring the foam…if your blade depth is set correctly.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

JerrySats
    Pro
    Garnet Valley, PENNSYLVANIA

Yep I can second what Jerry has said. We have cut on foam for any finished or nice materials for a while now. It actually helps the dust collection on the saw work better and we don’t worry about scratches on the backside of whatever we are cutting. It doesn’t gum the blade because you are just scoring the foam…if your blade depth is set correctly.

Pretty much sums it up , you just want to cut through whatever it is your cutting . Cuts in the foam are maybe 1/16″ deep if that .

can you use your mft top with any dogs still?

Not sure I understand this question . The holes in my top are 20mm , I didn’t do a good job of laying the holes out in my top so I don’t use them as 90* reference points . Basically just holes to run clamps up through to clamp work down .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

if your blade depth is set correctly.

This is the part I find to be the hard part, The depth gauge is in french.

Dirty

Doobie

I don’t get that. Isn’t it just numbers?

If it is in French, myself, and I know others here can translate it for you if you like.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

If it is in French, myself, and I know others here can translate it for you if you like.

Most of us here in Hawaii do American not french.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yep I can second what Jerry has said. We have cut on foam for any finished or nice materials for a while now. It actually helps the dust collection

This is looking like a better idea all the time. I need to go buy a sheet of foam.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

It’s the same here in the south. I have a hard enough time with that at times. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

It’s the same here in the south. I have a hard enough time with that at times. lol

But what’s French on it? That’s what I don’t understand?

Metric?

Doobie

Metric?

Now I get it. Doh! 😁

Metric?

Now I get it. Doh! 😁

Just guessing, I could be wrong,

Personally I prefer the standard measures, not the metric

Wouldn’t be too hard to just set the scale close, I use 6mm approximating to 1/4″ to set the plunge depth on my MT55cc before fine adjusting it against the material.

Doobie

Just guessing, I could be wrong,

No, I think you’re right. Where I say ‘it’s Greek to me’, being half French, others use ‘French’ to denote the same thing. It just didn’t click with me.

Personally I prefer the standard measures, not the metric

So do I. Never got used to metric for woodworking/construction. I endure and convert all the time. PITA frankly!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No, I think you’re right. Where I say ‘it’s Greek to me’, being half French, others use ‘French’ to denote the same thing. It just didn’t click with me.

It’s the french numbering system. The french came up with that system ,,right.

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.631 seconds