dcsimg

Track saw tips and tricks

Viewing 16 posts - 141 through 156 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Does anyone else use after market products with their track saw?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

redwood
    Pro

For example?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I use the Makita track with the Festool saws, does that count?

I use a bunch. Seneca parallel guides, parf dogs and rail dogs. An MFT3. The insta rail square and the grs16PE. Probably a few more I can’t tbink of right now.

Doobie

I use the 32mm indexing system accessory with my holey Festool tracks. A router guide with my OF1400 Festool router, and I also have the parralel guides. I suppose the MFT table top kit is another. I also have parf dogs.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Are the parallel guides worth it? How large of a width can you set them?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

The Seneca ones use incra track, so it can be as wide as your track, and you can easily swap in a longer track as needed. I have several lengths for convenience. Worth it for sure

I also have the Festool ones and I really hate them. Pain in the butt

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

For example?

I was thinking there were products I haven’t heard of yet.. I don’t do a lot with my track saw. I just do simple rips. I did get a set of track clamps.

Dirty

Doobie

No they’re not. I rarely ever use them although that’s partly because a TS is a lot easier to do repetitive cuts, but they are very finicky to set up too. This is not one of Festool’s finest moments.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

For example?

I was thinking there were products I haven’t heard of yet.. I don’t do a lot with my track saw. I just do simple rips. I did get a set of track clamps.

Pretty much the same for us, although I have never purchased clamps. I think wants you get used to how a track saw works, the clamps are unnecessary.

OldCountryWoodworks
    Pro
    Edmonton, Alberta

I find the track saw invaluable.
    I install kitchens, so I use it to break down larger panels or to cut miters on panels.
    Also if the floor is not level I can bump one end by an eigth or what ever.

I purchased a Makita cordless and use it on the festool track. I like it better than the festool so it is parked.

Served apprenticeship in 1977 in Bavaria

Doobie

For example?

Pretty much the same for us, although I have never purchased clamps. I think wants you get used to how a track saw works, the clamps are unnecessary.

It’s pretty rare that I ever use my track clamps. Once in a while it can be warranted typically in scenarios where the rail is overhanging the stock by a lot or if the stock itself is irregular in some manner and there’s a risk of the track moving while executing a cut.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

For example?

Oh ,, I don’t use the track clamps I just have them ,,, There was a time I did use the track vertically and they would have been nice. I also want to try the door cut while the door is hanging.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I install kitchens,

I have installed a butt load of kitchens too and it’s a great tool to have for that.

Dirty

Doobie

I also want to try the door cut while the door is hanging.

You can use the Festool Geckos for that. I have a set, and their suction cups are way better than most suction cups of similar out there. I have used them carried heavy glass vinyl windows with them solo. As long as the surface is flat and somewhat smooth, they work on some ply types or painted doors as well.

https://www.festoolproducts.com/festool-493507-gecko-suction-clamping-set-for-festool-guide-rail-system.html

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I also want to try the door cut while the door is hanging.

You can use the Festool Geckos for that. I have a set, and their suction cups are way better than most suction cups of similar out there. I have used them carried heavy glass vinyl windows with them solo. As long as the surface is flat and somewhat smooth, they work on some ply types or painted doors as well.

https://www.festoolproducts.com/festool-493507-gecko-suction-clamping-set-for-festool-guide-rail-system.html

I don’t need a greman gecko for that, I already have the track clamps.

Dirty

Viewing 16 posts - 141 through 156 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.488 seconds