dcsimg

Track saw tips and tricks

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Is that using their standard blade, or one of their speciality blades for when cutting Ipe?

That was a speciality blade, I think it cost 90 bucks.

Which one? I’m looking at Ipe for my deck and from what I read Ipe goes thru most blades fast.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Is that using their standard blade, or one of their speciality blades for when cutting Ipe?

Which one? I’m looking at Ipe for my deck and from what I read Ipe goes thru most blades fast.

I was using a HW 160×2.2×20 Z52TF and HW 160×2.2×20 Z48TF

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

I found this the HW 160×2.2×20 Z48TE.

https://www.festool.com/Products/Accessories/Pages/Detail.aspx?pid=491952

But I can’t find the HW 160×2.2×20 Z52TE.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good tools cost money, but save time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t think that’s it, you may need to go to your local Woodcraft store or who ever sells the fessys up there.

Dirty

Doobie

I don’t think that’s it, you may need to go to your local Woodcraft store or who ever sells the fessys up there.

Do you know what type it is otherwise intended for? Meaning, I know that the aluminum blade is good with laminates. Is the one you buy to use for Ipe made by Festool maybe the one intended for hard surfaces like Corian?

Do you know what type it is otherwise intended for? Meaning, I know that the aluminum blade is good with laminates. Is the one you buy to use for Ipe made by Festool maybe the one intended for hard surfaces like Corian?

Not sure who sells it, but the product number is 496306

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Just a guess but I would think the HW stands for HardWood the 48 is the number of teeth and that’s all I got.

Dirty

Doobie

Just a guess but I would think the HW stands for HardWood the 48 is the number of teeth and that’s all I got.

It’s their aluminum blade.

https://www.festool.com/Products/Accessories/Pages/Detail.aspx?pid=496306

Doesn’t surprise me. It’s also the recommended blade for laminates too IIRC.

OldCountryWoodworks
    Pro
    Edmonton, Alberta

I have parked my corded festool and use the Makita cordless on my festool tracks.

I put two extra strips of the rubber on the bottom of the track and never carry the track with the zero clearance side in your hand. Eventually it will loosen and sawdust will get in and then it flops and comes off. I always carry by the metal edge.
    The zero clearance tape I replace once a year. It can be moved over once as long as you use acetone to clean the track and put double sided tape on the plastic.

Track saws are invaluable

Eric

Served apprenticeship in 1977 in Bavaria

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I agree, I use the Makita 18vXs track saw all the time. I love that tool.

Dirty

Doobie

I have parked my corded festool and use the Makita cordless on my festool tracks.

I put two extra strips of the rubber on the bottom of the track and never carry the track with the zero clearance side in your hand. Eventually it will loosen and sawdust will get in and then it flops and comes off. I always carry by the metal edge.
    The zero clearance tape I replace once a year. It can be moved over once as long as you use acetone to clean the track and put double sided tape on the plastic.

Eric

Welcome to the BTP Eric. You on the FOG as well? Seem to know your track saw stuff. Many of us started out on the FOG with this acumen of such with track saws.

Eric

Welcome to BTP
    Definitely be a great addition to the tools or workshop

OldCountryWoodworks
    Pro
    Edmonton, Alberta

Thank you Kevin,

I have festool tools but they do have some flaws. The mitersaw has an upright motor with the brushes on top. As they wear the dust falls down and accumulates on the magnets of the field. When this buildup gets to be about one mm after about two years, it breaks off and puff your saw goes up in smoke.

This has happened twice to me. I learned this by taking it apart the second time and giving it a good inspection. So now the plan is to remove the motor once a year and clean it. I will not get it repaired a third time.

Eric

Thank you Kevin,

I have festool tools but they do have some flaws. The mitersaw has an upright motor with the brushes on top. As they wear the dust falls down and accumulates on the magnets of the field. When this buildup gets to be about one mm after about two years, it breaks off and puff your saw goes up in smoke.

This has happened twice to me. I learned this by taking it apart the second time and giving it a good inspection. So now the plan is to remove the motor once a year and clean it. I will not get it repaired a third time.

Eric

Geeze that sounds like a problem in the design ,

redwood
    Pro

I gave up on my Kapex after the first crash.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Welcome to BTP OldCountryWoodworks; you will find we are a friendly bunch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

Thank you Kevin,

Eric

I’ve not heard of that issue. Maybe I shoupd check mine out out for that.

OldCountryWoodworks
    Pro
    Edmonton, Alberta

I have since then been using my bosch 12inch. As soon as I get my modifie trihorse rigged into my van the Kapex will go back to work on the jobsite.

OldCountryWoodworks
    Pro
    Edmonton, Alberta

Kevin, if you do, take pictures of how the wiring lays on top. It is maybe a one hour job.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.979 seconds