dcsimg

Track saw tips and tricks

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 156 total)
  • Author

Been wishing the Bosch Track Saw was available in the states! Haven’t found anywhere that is willing to ship it here. Next time I’m in Copenhagen I plant to visit a power tool store, I’ve gotten some Bosch stuff from Europe. Bosch makes the GKS which is a mini circular saw, I do believe it also works on the track.

According to a Bosch rep three years ago it was going throw UL approval . When I was at a trade show .

Always willing to learn .

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Been wishing the Bosch Track Saw was available in the states! Haven’t found anywhere that is willing to ship it here. Next time I’m in Copenhagen I plant to visit a power tool store, I’ve gotten some Bosch stuff from Europe. Bosch makes the GKS which is a mini circular saw, I do believe it also works on the track.

According to a Bosch rep three years ago it was going throw UL approval . When I was at a trade show .

Wonder if it was ever approved? After three years you would have thought we would have seen it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Obviously it never passed or Bosch decided against it for who knows what reason.

My guess is that they did not think there Was enough of a market. Too bad, since it looks like a great saw.

Orange County, CA

@RonW

@Doobie

@MrToolJunkie

He was a German rep to . It was suppose to come with a 32″ rail . He had them out on display that’s why I asked when is it coming .

I have had 2 different UK companies ship Bosch gear to Canada, you shop try Lawson HIS and Axminster.

Will

I have had 2 different UK companies ship Bosch gear to Canada, you shop try Lawson HIS and Axminster.

Lawson is my usual go-to. Great customer service too!

Last item was too expensive to ship, but thats not their fault

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

In a way it is available here. You can buy the maffell track saw here. The Bosch saw is just the stripped down maffell saw. Bosch bought the rights from maffell and made a cheaper version of their saw. Think of it like a Cadillac vs Chevy. Same basic thing but one is nicer with more bells and whistles. They both use the same tracks. By the time you spend the money importing the Bosch it’s probably not that much more to buy the maffell. That way you have a saw with a warranty and a motor and plug that is made to work here.

Doobie

Lawson is my usual go-to. Great customer service too!

Last item was too expensive to ship, but thats not their fault

That’s a shame Eric you didn’t get that 12V drywall screwgun. Same reason I’ve yet to buy anything from the UK yet. The exchange is high now, and when you add in the shipping, it’s just nuts!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My guess is that they did not think there Was enough of a market. Too bad, since it looks like a great saw.

It’s the price that prevents the track saw form coming. It just ends up being too expensive. I bought the Bosch older style track from Germany to use with my Bosch circular saw. The track alone was over $300 without shipping and I already had the saw. A track saw system with saw is easy over $500 and most guys won’t spend that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

In a way it is available here. You can buy the maffell track saw here. The Bosch saw is just the stripped down maffell saw. Bosch bought the rights from maffell and made a cheaper version of their saw. Think of it like a Cadillac vs Chevy. Same basic thing but one is nicer with more bells and whistles. They both use the same tracks. By the time you spend the money importing the Bosch it’s probably not that much more to buy the maffell. That way you have a saw with a warranty and a motor and plug that is made to work here.

Oh wow I didn’t know that. If it’s just the stripped down Mafell. Your right at that price point I might as well get the mafell as I really like the one button auto cut.

Oh wow I didn’t know that. If it’s just the stripped down Mafell. Your right at that price point I might as well get the mafell as I really like the one button auto cut.

The auto-cut mafell isn’t then Bosch has a version of. Its their regular track saw that shares a whole lot of parts – not to mention uses the same rail profile.

Hi @brianpeters how you like having a track saw . Have you like being able make fast cuts with great accuracy using the guide rails .

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Hi @brianpeters how you like having a track saw . Have you like being able make fast cuts with great accuracy using the guide rails .

I like it, but haven’t had a chance to use it a whole lot. Been super busy with window replacement jobs the last while, not much need for a track saw there!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but haven’t had a chance to use it a whole lot. Been super busy with window replacement jobs

That’s the way it goes, buy a new super tool and it seems like every job steers you away from using it, BTDT.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I like it, but haven’t had a chance to use it a whole lot. Been super busy with window replacement jobs the last while, not much need for a track saw there!

Do you have a case you store your track in . I’ve seen a few guys build there own boxes to hold more then one track .

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Do you have a case you store your track in . I’ve seen a few guys build there own boxes to hold more then one track .

I haven’t built one yet, but @woodman_412 has a video showing one he made, I intend on building one at some point.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I haven’t built one yet, but @woodman_412 has a video showing one he made, I intend on building one at some point.

@brianpeters
    , do you have a link to that track box?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@hangman I got mine from u.k 110v option. Works great. Comes with 2 fan rail connection. Piece lboxx3

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I made a wood box/case for the two 55″ rails I use. I posted it here a while back.

I have been thinking of selling one of those or trading it in for a 32″ which would be easier for cabinets. Also itching for the 9’rail and that rail square. With the 32, 55 and 108 I would be set up well.

I dont use it much but it is a pain in the ass connecting and then disconnecting rails when doing kitchens.

Has anyone purchased the TSO or GRS rail square? I know woodman did a videos but Im curious if it fits in the systainer.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.754 seconds