dcsimg

Track saw accessories

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 615 total)
  • Author
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

ya, that’s a nice box for the rails. I think I would do something like that over the bag to ensure they where safe.

Are the rails prone to bending or is it just the knicks and dents that are the issue?

They could bend for sure but they are tough enough for handling. The nicks & dents would be a greater concern.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

They guy at the yard actually asked me if I wanted it! I felt like I stole it!

I would have taken it as well. The guy at the yard probably didn’t know how much it was suppose to cost anyways.

The rails aren’t beefy but I don’t feel like I will break or bend one either. In our van we secure them to the ceiling. That works well. The box gets used when we travel long distance and we aren’t using our van. I wouldn’t want to leave the long rail behind because it is so nice to have both on site.

Thats a killer deal @jponto07!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I am curious again whether any of the newer guys here at BTP can think of/know of other track saw accessories that are “must own”

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I am curious again whether any of the newer guys here at BTP can think of/know of other track saw accessories that are “must own”

Must haves for me:

angle fence

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mafell-205357-Angle-fence-Guide/dp/B00LX9BSHQ

position indicator

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mafell-205398-Plunge-Position-Indicator/dp/B00CEW3NB0

suction guide rail system

http://www.mtmc.co.uk/Mafell-204770-F-AF-1-Aero-Fix-Suction-Clamping-System__p-54057.aspx.

Proper rail connector

http://www.its.co.uk/pd/204636-Mafell-Connecting-Piece-F-VS-_MAF204363.htm

and maybe an affordable bag for rails and acc

http://www.mtmc.co.uk/Mafell-Guide-Rail-System–Sawing-Accessories/Mafell-204626-Canvas-Guide-Rail-Carry-Case__p-12732720-54060.aspx

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Hey @MrToolJunkie you back from holidays? What do you think of the above must have list…

not enough festool for John! hehehe @supimeister

Brad T

Hey @MrToolJunkie you back from holidays? What do you think of the above must have list…

not enough festool for John! hehehe @supimeister

Just got back tonight…long 3 weeks away.

You have a pretty good list – one thing with the Mafell bag that I have read is that it has little plastic/rubber dividers to keep the rail sections from getting messed up, which is pretty nice – there is some separation there so that they do not rub against one another.

If you opt for the vacuum rail you need a longer hose to run for a full 8 feet. I think the one supplied works well for 110 MM only. Don’t forget the rail connectors – you need a package of two of them as they are very slim fitting on the ends to fit the Mafell rails.

Also, the Mafell are much more rigid than Festool. Festool has more accessories and after market stuff, though. So any shoppers need to take that into consideration also.

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It will be interesting to see how the Bosch FSN rail compares to the mafell. I believe they are the same. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks my bosch rails will show up.

The tracksaw will be a late fall purchase.

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

It will be interesting to see how the Bosch FSN rail compares to the mafell. I believe they are the same. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks my bosch rails will show up.

Tell me about it. The damn tracking number hasn’t updated since the 31st, which tells me that it’s in the USPS system. We all know how those a55hats work.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Tell me about it. The damn tracking number hasn’t updated since the 31st, which tells me that it’s in the USPS system. We all know how those a55hats work.

Probably sitting in customs. The wait just makes the prize sweeter at the end! 😉

Brad T

I believe the Bosch rails are identical to the Mafell, so you should be pleased with them when they arrive. Looking forward to the feedback on the accessories you guys bought.

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

That’s good to know. I need to get active on the Mafell sight and learn about all the tricks with the saw and tracks.

Brad T

What do you think of the above must have list…
    not enough festool for John! hehehe

haha oh wow – you have definitely been browsing the mafell track saw accessories of late! If the bag was not too hard to get imported into the US, it might strike my fancy a little bit 🙂

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

What do you think of the above must have list…
    not enough festool for John! hehehe

haha oh wow – you have definitely been browsing the mafell track saw accessories of late! If the bag was not too hard to get imported into the US, it might strike my fancy a little bit :)

Ya, MrToolJunky is a BAAAAAAD influence. I thought going green was bad, apparently going red and black is worse. I do like the fact it integrates with some of the bosch items.

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I do like the fact it integrates with some of the bosch items.

I like that as well. In a way I wish I would have waited for Bosch to bring their track saws over here instead of getting the Festool. Or maybe I should have gotten the Mafel to keep everything on the same system?

I do like the fact it integrates with some of the bosch items.

I like that as well. In a way I wish I would have waited for Bosch to bring their track saws over here instead of getting the Festool. Or maybe I should have gotten the Mafel to keep everything on the same system?

It is definitely tricky trying to dabble with two different systems. It is really convenient that the mafell TS works with the Bosch track, but I don’t think I would have wanted to spend the extra money on the Mafell vs. Festool and I am not too hopeful at this point that Bosch will bring over that NAINA stuff that works with the system (track saw, router stuff, etc) – thus, to the green I must go :\

John S

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

As soon as Bosch announces they are bringing out the tracksaw, you will be green with envy.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The mafell is more but I am surprised you didn’t look at it harder John. As a percentage of tool money it’s a pretty small amount. It’s a bit of pain dealing with just one supplier, but I think in the end it will be worth it.

The fact that it’s going to be one system for me and that it has some features that I like over the festool sealed the deal.

Brad T

As soon as Bosch announces they are bringing out the tracksaw, you will be green with envy.

haha I will try not to be 🙁 ha. But if I have to make the switch, I know the festool holds it’s value incredibly well.

The mafell is more but I am surprised you didn’t look at it harder John.

I think I chose not to look at it harder lest I fall into deeper trouble a la @mrtooljunkie ’s
    “dealings” of high end goodies

The fact that it’s going to be one system for me and that it has some features that I like over the festool sealed the deal.

One system is nice – what features convinced you? Is it the accessories you posted above?

Anyone have any other thoughts on the parallel guides for their track saw? I think I saw that one of the aftermarket options recently updated their version, but I forget who (edit – here http://precisiondogs.us/products/precision-parallel-guides-v11 )

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

One system is nice – what features convinced you? Is it the accessories you posted above?

yup, and the quality of saw. I also like the fact on the tracks the clamps go right next to the cut line.

Brad T

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 615 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.543 seconds