dcsimg

Track saw accessories

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 615 total)
  • Author
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I found this :
    https://www.amazon.com/Triton-TTSTS-Square-90-degree/dp/B00G5SQWDU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481419422&sr=8-1&keywords=track+saw+square

Its a third of the cost but the GRS Dan posted looks like it would be more reliable and his confidence adds value.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Doobie

I found this :
    https://www.amazon.com/Triton-TTSTS-Square-90-degree/dp/B00G5SQWDU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481419422&sr=8-1&keywords=track+saw+square

Its a third of the cost but the GRS Dan posted looks like it would be more reliable and his confidence adds value.

Interesting alternative. Can’t find it here in Canada though. 😟

woodman_412

I found this :

That’s an interesting looking setup. It’s definitely much cheaper than the GRS-16 but it doesn’t look like it’s as precise or as fast and easy to use. Looks like it’s plastic?

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

Looks like it’s plastic?

Is the GRS 16 made of metal?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It’s kinda like this isn’t it? But not adjustable. Also available in a Maffel version.

I have one, works great for short rails/cuts, not so much on longer rails/cuts.

https://shop.bosch-professional.com/gb/en/product/system-accessories-fsn-wan-angle-guide–27301

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

woodman_412

Looks like it’s plastic?

Yeah the GRS-16 is made from CNC machined aluminum Kevin. Very nicely made.

It’s kinda like this isn’t it? But not adjustable. Also available in a Maffel version.

Similar idea Brad. I’ve always been skeptical of the accuracy of some of these track saw guides and squares but I’ve been super impressed with the GRS-16.

Dan

danpattison.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Mine def has it’s limitations, but I like that it is on a rail of it’s own.

looking forward to your video review.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I too have the angle fence and you can get it adjusted close. It is off a little over longer cuts. I think the GRS is designed for perfect 90 degrees based on how it clamps to the rail. It is pretty ingenious, really.

Orange County, CA

Looks like it’s plastic?

Yeah the GRS-16 is made from CNC machined aluminum Kevin. Very nicely made.

Similar idea Brad. I’ve always been skeptical of the accuracy of some of these track saw guides and squares but I’ve been super impressed with the GRS-16.

Dan – I hope you can weigh in on using both combined for longer cuts – at least that is why I think you would buy both versions.

Orange County, CA

@woodman_412 did you end up reviewing this accessory?

John S

woodman_412

Dan – I hope you can weigh in on using both combined for longer cuts – at least that is why I think you would buy both versions.

I haven’t tried using both together like that yet Scot but I’ll give it a try and include that in my review.

woodman_412 did you end up reviewing this accessory?

I’m almost finished writing my review John and just need to shoot the video for it. The review will be coming out in the new year as the first DP Shop Talk episode of 2017. There will be a review article to go along with it on my website as well.

Dan

danpattison.com

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Its taking long must be one hell of a review, do you really need to do a video for a small accessory?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I used my track saw for a cutting tapered furring on a ceiling. Nothing like it.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

woodman_412

Its taking long must be one hell of a review, do you really need to do a video for a small accessory?

It is a pretty in depth review Tom but the main reason it’s taking awhile is that I’ve been busy with a bunch of other things too. I figured a video would be a good way for everyone to see it in action and video is really my main format for most of my content with written articles to go along with some of them.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

It is a pretty in depth review Tom but the main reason it’s taking awhile is that I’ve been busy with a bunch of other things too. I figured a video would be a good way for everyone to see it in action and video is really my main format for most of my content with written articles to go along with some of them.

And then Christmas got in the way. 😉

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m almost finished writing my review John and just need to shoot the video for it. The review will be coming out in the new year as the first DP Shop Talk episode of 2017. There will be a review article to go along with it on my website as well.

Looking forward to it Dan. Thank you for the update.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Cannot wait for the review. I just bought a 36 inch rule from Woodpeckers and ordered the 2 inch rule stop for a faster way to set the guide rail for rips. This accessory seems perfect for square and the combination a great package.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Cannot wait for the review. I just bought a 36 inch rule from Woodpeckers and ordered the 2 inch rule stop for a faster way to set the guide rail for rips. This accessory seems perfect for square and the combination a great package.

Sounds nice. I’ll have to check them out as anything that helps set up the fence faster is a good deal.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

woodman_412

I got the review video shot this morning for the GRS-16 and also got the article that goes along with it written this afternoon. I review both the regular GRS-16 as well as the GRS-16 PE. The video and the article will be coming out this Saturday Jan 7th so stay tuned!

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Looking forward to the review Dan!

What kind of camera are you shooting with? It looks like my DSLR with some add ons.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 615 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.049 seconds