dcsimg

Track saw accessories

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 615 total)
  • Author

Thanks guys. Any further education will come with owning one. I see one coming in the near future.

Keep us posted, Lon. Looking forward to hearing about what you decide.

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I have the Makita and Festool TS75. I prefer the Festool for a couple of little things. Setting the depth is much easier on the Festool. The cord is longer on the Festool.

Would you go with the 55REQ over the makita? AND keep the TS75? I have read that lots of guys think the 55 is underpowered but is this just the case of needing both?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I could see a smaller saw if cutting lots of sheet goods. But I usually work with solid wood and that is why I opted for the 75…good power and depth and for me, more flexible.

Orange County, CA

Wow, I don’t think I knew about this before, but more NAINA… This would be great for anyone who is moving their MFT/3 + guides around to the site…

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-tool-reviews/festool-fs-bag-(any-reviewscomments)/

(or make your own – http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-tools-accessories/new-festool-ts55-10712/ )

John S

redwood
    Pro

I can only dream about the cost of that Festool bag.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I can only dream about the cost of that Festool bag.

Yeah, well… no joke. But convenience/time savings is something worth the money or not. It is probably way too much money for a glorified canvas bag – I think some people buy snowboard or ski bags of sorts and make them work for their tracks a little cheaper too

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Mafell/bosch makes a much more reasonably priced bag and lots of guys like them. Not as much storage perhaps for the other acc but that’s what an l-boxx is for.

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Interesting bag, but I also think it is a couple dollars more than I want to spend. I don’t take my track saw anywhere, so it isn’t something that I need. I guess if start moving it around, I’ll get a ski bag first. I don’t require all of the organization that the festool bag has.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I was using my track saw this mourning and extending rails and I got to thinking how silly these connectors are.

Brain storm! The manufacturers should dovetail the guide ends for perfect tooless alignment everytime.

Got it…..your welcome sponsors

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have two 55″ rails for my Makita. I am going to make a wooden box to protect them when they are going from job to job or shop to trailer. they seem to easily damaged. I could not imagine trying to protect a 117″ rail when moving it around on a regular basis.

I have two 55″ rails for my Makita. I am going to make a wooden box to protect them when they are going from job to job or shop to trailer. they seem to easily damaged. I could not imagine trying to protect a 117″ rail when moving it around on a regular basis.

This is what I did. Our rails are normally stored safely in our van, but this is what we use if we are transporting them in the trailer or a different vehicle.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

that is similar to what I was thinking, thanks for sharing.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I can see that stuff happening. I’m sure the soft aluminum of the tracks can get torn up quick if not taken care of. That and the plastic clear splinter guard could get ripped off quick. Mine started to peal just from the way I stored it up against a wall.

The manufacturers should dovetail the guide ends for perfect tooless alignment everytime.

That’s an idea. Bosch rails have a completely different connector. I’ll be able to let you know in a week or two how they work.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

That’s an idea. Bosch rails have a completely different connector. I’ll be able to let you know in a week or two how they work.

I hope the Bosch/Mafell tracks are more robust then the Festool tracks I have been reading about. Sounds like they are fairly sensitive to handling damage.

Those connectors are supposed to work really well.

Brad T

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I was using my track saw this mourning and extending rails and I got to thinking how silly these connectors are.

Brain storm! The manufacturers should dovetail the guide ends for perfect tooless alignment everytime.

Got it…..your welcome sponsors

There’s an idea!

Not to piss anyone off, but a couple of months ago I ordered an extra 55″ track and connector set for my Makita and after some type of shipping/Monopoly inspired “bank error in your favor” I received a 110″ track instead. My yard was charged for the shorter one, so that’s all I had to pay for!

Otherwise, I just have a set of F clamps.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Great bouns. If I had a 110, it would never leave the shop. I know it would not make it back in one piece. Hopefully for you it was a case of they were out of stock on the 55 somthey sent the 110 to fulfill the order.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

The one piece rail is sweet. Good deal for you. I need to make a case out plywood & a piano hinges or something.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Great bouns. If I had a 110, it would never leave the shop. I know it would not make it back in one piece. Hopefully for you it was a case of they were out of stock on the 55 somthey sent the 110 to fulfill the order.

All I know is that the guy who places the order says he sent it in, then a couple of days later when it should have arrived and didn’t, he called and asked about it. Apparently, it wasn’t on the order for whatever reason. ….a few days later, they call and I stop by to find a 110″( or is it a 118??). They were only billed for the 55 so that’s what I paid for…something like $75 for the long track that is supposed to be close to $250=no complaints from me.

They guy at the yard actually asked me if I wanted it! I felt like I stole it!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

ya, that’s a nice box for the rails. I think I would do something like that over the bag to ensure they where safe.

Are the rails prone to bending or is it just the knicks and dents that are the issue?

Brad T

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 615 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.145 seconds