dcsimg

Track saw accessories

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 615 total)
  • Author
    AndyG
    Pro

The hkc gets used by us mainly for these 3 things in the field ….

1.Crosscutting shelving and built in sides for closet built ins after we break it down with the tsc 55

2. Occasionally modifying a cabinet box

3. Cutting subflooring we sink between joists to do low entry showers for the elderly

It’s handy , I’m a little leary to use it on laminate floors due to blade life , but I have cut some Formica tops.

AndyG
    Pro

We crosscut shelving and built in end panels mainly with it ..it’s handy .

The fact that you cannot miter a 45 degree on the HK or HKC saws is an issue for me considering that type of saw. Now, I have a Mafell 80 that can do this no problem, but it is on the heavy side for all day cutting. I think Mafell has two other saws that can make the cut – more expensive than the HK, but no fussing with deeper miters. A major over site on this saw in my opinion.

Orange County, CA

I’ve been putting the GRS-16 guide rail square to work on the current cabinet job and I’m very impressed. Super quick and easy to use and very accurate cuts. I will have a full review coming out in the new year both on my website and a DP Shop Talk episode.

I am very interested in your review woodman_412! They are expensive but if they are accurate they would be worth it for large panels. I can use my 4×4 mft top and parf dogs for panels under 30″ easy enough, but bigger panels and cross cutting 4′ goods is more of a challenge.

I’ve been very impressed with the accuracy of them Andrew. I was cutting cabinet backs to size with the single edge one the other day and they were bang on square. From my experience so far I’m just as confident in the accuracy of the GRS-16 as I am my cross cut sled or my MPT top with the Parf dogs.

That is awesome to hear. And the smaller guide fits in the Systainer also, which is nice.

Orange County, CA

AndyG
    Pro

We crosscut shelving with it , and end panels for closets.. It’s really handy .

Not sure my posts are posting.Hmmm.

AndyG
    Pro

The hkc miters 0-60 °and the saw plunges and tilts to 45 also.

It doesn’t do it all, but what it does do , it’s extremely handy for.

AndyG
    Pro

Heres how we keep our makita on the track between cuts…it has a stop and a clip..saves time.

woodman_412

Heres how we keep our makita on the track between cuts…it has a stop and a clip..saves time.

That looks like a great system Andy. I can see how it would save a lot of time not having to move the saw on and off the track for each cut. That’s usually the most time consuming part of using a track saw.

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I love the setup too.

AndyG
    Pro

Thanks guys.

Doobie

Seen people do that. Haven’t done it myself yet though.

That is a nice idea for that saw. Lifting the saw on and off gets tiring, especially after several cuts.

Orange County, CA

AndyG
    Pro

I saw it online in the background of a video..be sure it’s secure or you ll drop a saw

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I cant find the GRS rail guide on Amazon. Any links?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Doobie

Not sure what the ‘GRS’ is, but if it’s the Bosch track saw stuff, it’s NAINA.

Grs16

Squares up festool and other tracks
    https://tsoproducts.com/tools-equipment/grs-16-guide-rail-square/

Doobie

Grs16

Oh sorry! The gizmo Dan bought recently. Didn’t recognize the acronyms for it at all.

woodman_412

I’m just finishing up writing my review of the GRS-16. I won’t give away all the details and spoil the review but I will say that I’ve been very impressed with it and that after the review comes out some of you guys will probably want to buy one 😉

Dan

danpattison.com

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I love the setup too.

You can see that? I cant make out the whole set up, it looks clever

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Grs16

Thanks for the link.

Hey looking at the site so posted I looked in truck storage…..cool pick up truck packages for the bed. Good to know in the future.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 615 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.895 seconds